Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Gaming Chair

• 29-10-2007 11:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭

Does anyone here use a gaming chair? Like this one (in Argos)...

Thinking of getting one to hook up to my 360 but haven't seen one in action before! If anyone has one, let me know what you think of them!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I have that one... Had to get rid of the surround sound as neighbours kids bedroom is next to the room my Xbox is in. Great thing about the chair, when ur in it u think its dead loud but when u get off it its nowhere near as loud.. Its a class bit of kit, Damn comfy.. espec if u've something to put ur feet on. Great for movies n that too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Anyone know what the one in Dunnes is like? Wouldn't mind getting one of these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,018 ✭✭✭✭Basq

They're selling one of those Gaming Chairs in Argos for about €80 but you can get 2 of them for €100 - so a pretty good deal. Will see if i can find it on the website.

I was tempted to get the X-Rocker in Dunnes but have heard bad things about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

basquille wrote: »
    I was tempted to get the X-Rocker in Dunnes but have heard bad things about them.

Good move.

Do not buy the X-Rocker if you're any taller the 5'ft. Unless of course you hate yor spine and want to teach it a lesson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭Smiley012

anyone know if i can still get one of these chairs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Theres one for sale on adverts..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

PC World had the Pyramat S2500ws for €149 last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 JohnG2176

the gaming chair is pretty good, the only bad thing I found is the connections-sound, you get the rca leads to go into the back of the tv, which is great unless you have a variable audio out as opposed to a constant audio out. so you're playing away with the sound on in the chair and then it cuts out and comes back on a couple of seconds later. It doesn't happen with all games, just a few of mine like COD4, assassins creed. Best thing to do would be get a loan of one for a weekend and see if you are happy to pay for it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Din1972

Can anyone recommend a good gaming chair compatible with Wii and PS2. It's for someone 5ft 10. Don't want something that's going to cause back problems as he already suffers a bit with his back. Its a gift and I havent a clue where to start

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Shtanto

I'm looking for a good gaming chair too. No speakers required since I already have a 7.1 setup. Something in a big chunky recliner with a built in foot rest and a keyboard & mouse surface would be ideal. I'm hoping to eventually have a high res 3D projector to go with it. Fireproof's a bonus :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

That original link isn't working for me. How much is the chair in question? I haven't had a comfy gaming session since I moved to Galway. Old kicthen chair, a cushion, and a sore ass is usually the craic with me Xbox hours. Even less fun to watch DVD while sitting on it. I could defo use a gamer chair, I'd reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I got mine at toys 4 big boys for 180 got delivered in 2 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

deathrider wrote: »
    That original link isn't working for me. How much is the chair in question? I haven't had a comfy gaming session since I moved to Galway. Old kicthen chair, a cushion, and a sore ass is usually the craic with me Xbox hours. Even less fun to watch DVD while sitting on it. I could defo use a gamer chair, I'd reckon.

the thread is 2 years old thats why

blank_facepalm_224.gif&t=1

dunworth1 wrote: »

Makes sense. Hadn't noticed it was an old bumped up thread :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

dunworth1 wrote: »

Dunworth show them the likes of the chair u got and how much of a better option they are with a decent headset

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Shtanto

deathrider wrote: »
    Makes sense. Hadn't noticed it was an old bumped up thread :(

See subject line of my above post. Apologies for the necromancy! :P

*gets coat and slowly moves away...*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

By the way this is what my one looks like
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLP_1B7whVbiUg1y3z0nG7nzd1ISq7YCJ_e-kiG6hDrJpYLx4OxQ

Advertisement