Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do people get their network cable from?

Options
  • 29-10-2007 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭

I thought this would be in the FAQ (which has broken links for some things), but i've been using connectix/cablemonkey lately, is there anyone better? About to order cable/plugs to route through a house. Planning to wire in ethernet and coax throughout.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I usually pick mine up from electrical trade suppliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

ned78 wrote: »
    I usually pick mine up from electrical trade suppliers.

Yeah, me too. Haven't ever ordered it online, is there much price difference?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

This is who I used last http://www.connectix.ie/ seemed decent enough, they seem to be an english company with a depot in Ireland. Just wondering if anyone knows of anyone better, or if it's electrical trade suppliers, who and where?

I used another Irish company years ago, but can't remember their name :) I'm thinking of Jaguar, but they don't do rolls of cable.

Also, UTP or FTP? :)

Advertisement