Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Rav4 2.2 D4d?

Options
  • 29-10-2007 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

anyone have any info on a rav4 diesel 2.2 .. the new model... a friend is getting one and needs info... are they perm 4wd?

is the xtrail any better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The Rav4 is permanent 4WD but varys the split between front and back, you can lock front and back 50/50 if you want.

Engine is same 2.2 fitted to Avensis, Corolla Verso and Lexus IS220d. Tuned to 135bhp in Rav4.

xtrail is bigger and cheaper, but depreciates heavily compared to Rav4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 satellite07

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The Rav4 is permanent 4WD but varys the split between front and back, you can lock front and back 50/50 if you want.

Engine is same 2.2 fitted to Avensis, Corolla Verso and Lexus IS220d. Tuned to 135bhp in Rav4.

xtrail is bigger and cheaper, but depreciates heavily compared to Rav4.

hi thanks for the reply, what do you mean by lock front and back 50/50?

he is aiming at the luna spec, from what i hear.. whats the rav like on fuel.

told him to go for the honda one, but its more expensive!

Luna spec is the standard model. If I was buying one myself, I'd get a black (non metallic) Luna model and add front foglights with the money I saved on the metallic.
    I had one from work and they're pretty good on fuel. I used to get over 40mpg on average. the petrol models are a lot heavier on fuel though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'm not really a fan of these softroaders.

Rav4 is fine, but 2.2d engine is a lot less powerful in this guise. It's not the epitome of refinement either.

X-Trail is also fine. Pretty big on the outside but not exactly huge inside. Might be better value?

I'm not really a fan of these softroaders.

Rav4 is fine, but 2.2d engine is a lot less powerful in this guise. It's not the epitome of refinement either.

X-Trail is also fine. Pretty big on the outside but not exactly huge inside. Might be better value?

any other suggestions that i should pass on? i told him to steer clear of the
    freelander, anyways.

i class those such as rav4, xtrail etc just chunky cars, with a slightly higher driving position, people buy these for that alone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Well if you're telling him to steer clear of the Freelander, you might as well tell him not to bother with the Citroen C-Crosser, Peugeot 4007, Mitsubishi Outlander, forthcoming Ford Kuga and X-Trail.

They all have/will have either Renault(X-Trail) or Peugeot-Citroen(others) diesel engines(I think the Ford might have some of its own diesels though, the petrols will be Ford engines anyway), hardly a shining example of reliability.

What about the Honda CR-V or the soon to be launched VW Tiguan?

I assume it will be a paraffin stove your friend is looking for?

E92 wrote: »
    Well if you're telling him to steer clear of the Freelander, you might as well tell him not to bother with the Citroen C-Crosser, Peugeot 4007, Mitsubishi Outlander, forthcoming Ford Kuga and X-Trail.

They all have/will have either Renault(X-Trail) or Peugeot-Citroen(others) diesel engines(I think the Ford might have some of its own diesels though, the petrols will be Ford engines anyway), hardly a shining example of reliability.

yes he likes the agri sound of the diesel he wont drive petrol :rolleyes:
    and the honda outside his budget.

i told him the rav is a hairdressers car what you think?:D

i think the mainrunners are honda crv, and rav4.

think the rav will be chosen due to being a lot cheaper. just checked the cheapest crv is €46,000 :eek: pricey or what.

the rav is €38,000 jasus :eek: theres a fair gap there in price and the vehicle too.

Try a new model Santa Fe. not a bad machine at all.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

E92 wrote: »

Do you have knowledge the rest of us don't E92? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I bought the last model Rav4 this year, which is slightly smaller than the current model.

I also tried the X-Trail. The Rav4 boot is WAY bigger, and it was far more refined on the road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Do you have knowledge the rest of us don't E92? ;)

Why, what did I say thats not true:D?

Advertisement