Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Motorcyle Trousers ?

• 29-10-2007 1:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a little gem of a bike; gn125.

I use it for commuting, i would never have tought something would make such a difference to my quality of life between being able to park outside my door literally, the minute travel time regardless of amount of cars on the road and tiny tax fuel and no parking costs. its unbelieveable.

Anyhow....

I have the jacket, neck sock, gloves and helmet....

Im looking for recomendations on a pair of leggings i can buy that will go over my trousers while using the bike... i am also hoping to buy these online and for them to be basically a good fit comfortable, warm, safe and waterproof...

Oh an if possbile not to have that tracker-nacker sound when walking in them...

>MM<

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭KildareMan

The "Lookwell" Tomcat trousers I have are warm & never let water in. Bikeworld

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

Consider a good pair of boots aswell. One of the most common biker injuries are lost toes.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

Go to Cotters at Ballymount.
    Got myself a pair of Richa Textiles for €30, great prices.
    You should also pick up a pair of boots there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

I recently bought a little gem of a bike; gn125.
    Well wear, I bought one too about 2 months ago. Gem of a bike alright....perfect for me as I'm just starting out. Came home last week tho to find the back tyre flat. Bummer! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Niall06 wrote: »
    Go to Cotters at Ballymount.
    Got myself a pair of Richa Textiles for €30, great prices.
    You should also pick up a pair of boots there.

I agree you cant go wron out in Cotters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I got a pair of Richa trousers (with the knee pads and all) that zip at the back of my Richa jacket for around €70 EUR. But I got it at the Motorbike Show in the RDS... Great deals to be had at this event! I'll make sure to have loads of cash at hanfd for next year's event!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,849 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Word is that it's unlikely there will be a bike show next year :(

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

I got a pair of Richa trousers (with the knee pads and all) that zip at the back of my Richa jacket for around €70 EUR. But I got it at the Motorbike Show in the RDS... Great deals to be had at this event! I'll make sure to have loads of cash at hanfd for next year's event!

Sounds good,what other offers were on...?I have never been to the bike show but if its on again I will pop along.

ninja900 wrote: »
    Word is that it's unlikely there will be a bike show next year :(
    What? Why? But... But... But... WHY?

Dub13 wrote: »
    Sounds good,what other offers were on...?I have never been to the bike show but if its on again I will pop along.
    Loads of guys from the UK and Northern Ireland go to these shows to sell motorbike gear. I got a brand new Nitro helmet and Richa trousers for €100 EUR this year!

I hope they haven't cancelled this bloody show now!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭mastermind2005

Marges, mines a 2001, and maxes out around 80-100 depending on the road and sloap... which i think is a little slow for a 125, what speeds are you getting ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

Mastermind, mines a 2005.
    I get 100kph comfortably out of it. I generally don't get anyone overtaking me on N roads so then I know I'm at least keeping up. But it does go to about 105/110kph. It might start to labour in 5th gear doing 100, so I drop back a gear, pick up the revs again and up into 5th. The bike is perfect for me at the mo, I'm 5'4" and about 110 pounds. So practicing my turns and slow riding isn't so scary. Did take lessons on a 250 but found it very heavy.

I went mad with the autosol after I bought it and it came up well. Had to replace the mirrors too. But I love it. I reckon its the kinda bike you keep even after you move on and get a bigger bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,849 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

What? Why? But... But... But... WHY?
    I don't know (and it's not certain that it's not happening, but potential exibitors were already being asked to book their stands this time last year)
    BUT at a guess I'd say:

- RDS being very very greedy with their charges, which is why everything was crammed into too small a space last year
    - Security had to be beefed up a lot due to the scumbag-fest the year before, expensive.
    - The focus was wrong. Too much emphasis on 'family appeal' and not 'biker appeal'. Bikers complaining place is full of buggies and stands not selling anything bike related. Bike dealer stands complaining that families buy sweeties for the kids but shag-all bike related.
    - Because of the effort to provide so much 'family appeal' there was a LOT of money spent on stunt events, etc. Most of the bikers would rather see bikes for sale not bikes doing somersaults.

And above all:

- Lack of support from several of the major importers

Shame on them.

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I don't know (and it's not certain that it's not happening, but potential exibitors were already being asked to book their stands this time last year)
    BUT at a guess I'd say:

- RDS being very very greedy with their charges, which is why everything was crammed into too small a space last year
    - Security had to be beefed up a lot due to the scumbag-fest the year before, expensive.
    - The focus was wrong. Too much emphasis on 'family appeal' and not 'biker appeal'. Bikers complaining place is full of buggies and stands not selling anything bike related. Bike dealer stands complaining that families buy sweeties for the kids but shag-all bike related.
    - Because of the effort to provide so much 'family appeal' there was a LOT of money spent on stunt events, etc. Most of the bikers would rather see bikes for sale not bikes doing somersaults.

And above all:

Shame on them.
    SDL Exhibitions run it. For definite word, ask them. I had heard that it wasnt going ahead tho.

BUT at a guess I'd say:

And above all:

Shame on them.
    I agree when you say there was WAY to much family appeal last year... The amount of buggies and non-biker-related stuff was crazy IMO!

The above reasons are very valid so I wouldn't be that surprised if it didn't go ahead this year... What a pity... :(

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Back to the topic, Ixon do nice wp trousers, lined or unlined, with knee armour, styled like jeans. Can be more expensive than Cotters stuff, but nice gear.

Thanks for the info Steffano2002,I hope it goes ahead.

There used to be a good bike stall out at the fairyhouse markets,I have not been out in a while anybody know if its still there...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I've got these the full length zips are handy for getting then on and off - especially when you're leaving work for the evening. I've bought a few bits and pieces from the site and find them really good.

Advertisement