Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch out - Dundalk - St. Alphonsus Road

Options
  • 29-10-2007 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Not so much a pothole...more a rectangular piece taken off the road surface that I dented 2 alloys in last night. :mad:

Its on the narrow 1-way Seatown end of the street, and is impossible to avoid when parking is heavy. Its a disgrace that the council havent done anything to sort this out especially with the Novena on nearby.

Would I be wasting my time taking pics to try get compo from the council? Anyway, heads up guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Would I be wasting my time taking pics to try get compo from the council? Anyway, heads up guys!

no! do it straight away and get your money back!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Nearly went smack bang into that thing yesterday. Spotted it at the last second and had to jam on. What is it? Why did the council take a lump of the road away?? :confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

draffodx wrote: »
    no! do it straight away and get your money back!

+1.

I got the money back for 2 tyres that were wrecked on the missus' car after hitting a monster pot-hole on the Carrick Rd. Be prepared for a long process though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MDTyKe

A long process - and never accept their first money offer - take it farther and they'll send an assessor out (who usually ends up swaying to your side anyway). :)

Matt

Advertisement