Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you start over... after 2 years.

Options
  • 29-10-2007 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Is it possible?

Lately i've been wanting to play again, little urges now and then. Then I got sent a free copy of TBC from blizzard but it wasn't enough to lure me back. But it's been calling out for me lately and now... well now I want it back.

When I was playing I was in a guild full of people I knew already from before and outside WoW who would play regularly which was great, I was playing regularly and enjoying it. Then I eventually hit lvl 60, was broke gold wise and eventually became disheartened as there was never enough on in the guild for raids etc. So I left. Cancelled my subscription and that was it.

Last year I bought a gamecard to play again but so much had changed, everybody was level 60... everybody! At least on the server I was on, and everybody was all decked out in their purple gear while I was walking around with the odd piece of purple hunter gear. My guild had vanished from the server, splitting up and moving to different worlds altogether which left me alone and wanting to play casually... not easy to find an active but casual guild really. So I called it a day again.

But now I want back, probably not to continue my level 60 hunter, maybe to work on an alt priest I never got into or more likely to start over completely.

Can it be done? Are all the lower levels out there just going to be alts or can the game be enjoyed from the start even at this late stage? I read the forums from time to time and I don't even understand half of it anymore! I think I might be getting myself in for too much to try get back into it, considering what I would have missed in the time i've been away but at the same time I still want to!

Has anyone here done it?

Comments

of course you can start again :confused:
    there's still tons of new people
    my bf started again after ages too
    and sure there's a lot of alts or old players, but you're one too

go on a different server as well

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Faylum

Yea dude, alots now changed theres alot of people lvling the new races and so there will be them alts and twinks there to lvl up with you. Imo the game is better lvling up than at 70. But once you do get to 70 you will notice a massive change since the lvl60 era. Alot more to be done and to gain and there is much more of a variety in everything gear ways and talent spec, even professions have changed big time!

You will love this more that the 60 era anyway!

If your looking for a guild and a new server change, come to Outland and start up a horde char, you can whisper me ingame or any of my guild and we will insure you enjoy playing and can lvl up as quickly as possible. We are a fun guild and have alot of friendly people, so you could make alot of new friends. Guild name is "A Bunch Of Gankers". My ingame name is the same as it is here "Faylum". Mail me if ya want. But what ever you do decide im sure you'll enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Thanks for the replies, i've decided I will eventually get back into WoW, might not be soon but I will!

Next question is, PvP or PvE? I have always played on a PvE server so not sure how I would take a PvP, especially if I am starting from scratch, I will always be behind the rest of the pack. PvE might offer me enough to keep me going (never had the urge for PvP much when on the PvE server)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I started back after stopping playing 1 year ago. I came back to a naked character and no way of getting my items back. Got into a decent guild and started crafting the spellfire and spellstrike gear for my mage. Do a few heroics and you've almost caught up to the level where everyone else is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

In the next patch they are making the lvling process from 30 - 60 a lot smoother and quicker as well as giving the lower, pre-TBC instances drops love.

Think I read somewhere about the addition of a new town in dustwallow as well, so if you are thinking of starting from scratch, now would be the time.

It will take a while to get back into the swing of things but it's like everything else, you'll eventually get back on a lvl playing field over time.

I'd go for a belf loladin, still seems to be a decent demand for healers (on my server at least, burning legion). As with any healing class tho, pain in the ass to level, I started leveling an old warrior alt, once i hit 58 and started in outland I was loving it ! DW Fury FTW ! (47 - 66 in 3 weeks ;))

Good luck whatever you choose !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

DO NOT level a blood elf pally.. I've got a blood elf paladin and if you want to level a healing class go for a priet! Easy to level shadow to 70 and respec.. a better all round healer.. and better in arenas speccing disc.

gg

If i was you i'd go for a PvP server. PvP insures that you work your character and get well deserved gear. Where as PvE is all handed to you on a plate. Imo you would love PvP at the best of times and at the worst of times you'll be screaming at your PC. But its not like the PvE fairytale. Its dangerous grinding and leveling and you enjoy this new sense of fear much more!

^^ stop posting on issues you know NOTHING about!!!

Every comment you make brightens my day but sadly lessens my existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

its easy to get back into, a while after TBC came out i rerolled from scratch. did know a few people on the server but either way you'd be pretty much solo for all your leveling.

if you continue your level 60 it wouldn't be too bad, doesn't take too long at all to get to 70 and at this stage you can easily get decent gear in normal 5 man instances and have alot of options open if you want to get into the PvE side and get decent gear through pickup karazhans/gruul etc or do heroics(which next patch will have some pretty good gear).

Or you can go pvp which means spending quite alot of time in battlegrounds farming honour for good gear. If you want to pvp i'd also recommend getting any sort of arena team together as soon as possible at 70 and get at least 10 games in a week so you're always getting arena points.

edit: and yes ignore Faylum he makes it out that the PvP side is the superior but at the end of the day it's hard to be good at either and both require commitment to get to the top and are equally rewarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Does anyone know when patch 2.3 is out? Or got a rough estimate for when it is due?

The char's that I may continue would be my 60 dwarf Hunter, I also have a 20 gnome Mage on that server (Wildhammer) and then I have a level 32 I think human Priest on a role playing server. I might even move him to another server and continue that as it may be easier to level once the new patch comes out.

I think I will stick to PvE for the time being, had enough fun on that to keep me occupied last time I played!

• Advertisement

sunzz wrote: »
    ^^ stop posting on issues you know NOTHING about!!!

Every comment you make brightens my day but sadly lessens my existence.

/cryface

^^ /MATURERESPONSE! See what i did there?

Seriously though, you're handicapped, not to mention delusional!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Some friends were saying on vent last night, that the background downloader started after the rolling restart... I never noticed, but then I probably have it turned off.

Anyways, if the background downloader is running, then it'll probably be in the next few weeks, at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

They said they'd give a 2 week warning afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Well if anyone does find out please let us all know with a new post!

^^ /MATURERESPONSE! See what i did there?

Seriously though, you're handicapped, not to mention delusional!

Detecting humourless jokes

/faylum targets snuzz
    /faylum slings poo
    /faylum crits snuzz for 9k

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

My SSC/TK raiding guild broke up after being together 18months. Most of them went to reroll horde on Kazzak. I couldn't be arsed but may follow em when the 20-60 exp needed drops.
    Does anyone know when patch 2.3 is out? Or got a rough estimate for when it is due?
    Blizz said they'd give a two week warning before start of Season 3 of arena's. No warning as of yet.

Even if they don't give a warning you'll know its coming when the ptr's go down. They are currently still up.

Blizz also said it would be sometime in November.

I believe they also said that Season 3 may not necessarily start with 2.3 but a few days/weeks afterwards. So really, its anyones guess ;)

I'd say another 2 weeks for 2.3 as bg downloader has started which means it can't be 2 far away, i'd expect season 3 to be about 2 weeks after that!

With all that said and done, faylum you're still an absolute drone!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

my 2 cents on getting back into the game, bought wow xmas last year, loved it from the start. played it a good bit. hit 60 after a few months then 70 a couple weeks later. never really got into the whole raiding side of things, in fact i got quite bored when i hit 70, just bg'd a lot. stopped playin start of the summer wasnt intending to go back until the new xpansion next year, but got a craving last night so paid for a month and logged back in! my 70 ud warrior was on Laughing Skull, so i decided a fresh start was needed. started an ud female warlock on Emeriss last night...

looking forward to lvling a new toon.. lack of gold is disturbing though!!

deffo think u can come back and enjoy it again..a break is always nice though ; )

• Advertisement

With all that said and done, faylum you're still an absolute drone!

LoL, snuzz u just sound like a spa to me. But i'll take youe word im a drone. I just see you as a pathetic no lifer with nothing better to do than, troll a forums looking to slate the first person you see. Makes ya feel good huh? you can save that till masturbation thursday! Sad git

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Wow. Great job at acting mature guys.

In future if someone trolls or insults you report it, don't troll or insult back. I'm not going to ban either of you but if you don't cut it out I will, so back on topic without the bull****.

Btw, its been announced that the patch will be out next week 13th and Season 3 starting the following week, 20th...

yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 1 week. best get afking 65k honor QUICK! @D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Patch is coming next week check the forums or world of raids ect.
    Rerolled on a stormreaver(pvp) a month ago left my T5 shaman and rogue on eonar(pve) lost interest in raiding all i do a couple of bg's and arena's play at max 2hours per day ./flex has all required honour points ready and waiting :P
    After that watch tv and chill out won't be going back raiding again time consuming rubbish.

Mac daddy wrote: »
    Patch is coming next week check the forums or world of raids ect.
    Rerolled on a stormreaver(pvp) a month ago left my T5 shaman and rogue on eonar(pve) lost interest in raiding all i do a couple of bg's and arena's play at max 2hours per day ./flex has all required honour points ready and waiting :P
    After that watch tv and chill out won't be going back raiding again time consuming rubbish.

hahahahahahahahahaha

no seriously, I lol'd. good one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Levelling my draenei priest at the moment, lvl 35 - about to hit the crap stages. 2.3 can't hit soon enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Ivan wrote: »
    hahahahahahahahahaha

no seriously, I lol'd. good one ;)

Man it was rotten i used to get home from work at around 5 or so had a quick bite to eat after that jumped into the shower logged on for a raid that started at 18.00/18.15 our time.
    Doing that 4 times a week starts to get a bit to much it was like i had a second job called healing and not getting paid for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I think healing would be SOOOO Boring. If i was to be a healer i would also need to play something like Warlock or Warrior just to get away from the Healing!

• Advertisement
Advertisement