Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Firefox hangs in ubuntu - xkill / process manager what's best ?

• 29-10-2007 3:06pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭

firefox hangs in ubuntu , usually on some crappy bebo type sites
    now on 7.10 clean install, happened on 7.04 too
    until I can figure out what's doing it what his the best way to kill threads or processes ?
    In beryl I can assign ctrl-alt-del to xkill , how do I do this in gnome or kde ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Are you on 64-bit? Flash Player isn't too friendly on 64-bit Linux. Otherwise, upgrading the 2.0.0.8 might fix the problem.

Regarding killing Firefox, I usually do "ps -A" and then "kill ABCD" [as root], where ABCD is the PID.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

It usually flash, one way to save firefox is to kill the flash child process, which seems to save FF in my experience.

ps -ef | grep libflashplayer.so

if you kill that process firefox should spring back to life.

kill -9 might be required.

Advertisement