Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing in Ballon County Carlow ;)

• 29-10-2007 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    tried the broadband forum without any joy,
    Just wanted to know if anyone here is able to get Broadband in Ballon Village County Carlow..

Many thanks for your time..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

There are a number of different providers that now supply Ballon. Have a search for Reach Broadband, Permanet and APTUS. I am 100% sure about Reach as a friend in Ballon has it, where as the other 2 are generally available in the carlow area.
    I have also heard rumors that Clearwire is now working out there but I would advise to try avaoid it if possible as can be troublesome at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

cheers Tommy, trying to avoid reach due to installation costs and hardwiring, I wont get into it.... ;) but the other two I have not heard of, I was also interested in seeing if anyone had got the likes of the 3g usb gongle thingy to work ?? I had it on its release and had no signal also got the o2 version same problem, never tried the vodaphone one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Haven't tried the 3g USB dongles, Just really didn't want to get into the hassle that I have had when trying to work with them in the town :-(

The only other option I can think of is using gprs cards from Vodafone. Let me know how you get on with the companies above as I am in process of building just outside ballon and will need to get Broadband in the next few months also and as you said reach do have a tad high installation charge and the standing charge can be a bit excessive especially if you have to use VPN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

HEADS UP !

Eircom just signed me up for 2mb broadband in Ballon County carlow !!!!!

Very happy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

hopefully Fenagh and Myshall will be next on the list..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Joy of Joys I have it installed and it works a treat.

Advertisement