Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT DSL connection dropping

Options
  • 29-10-2007 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

ANy ideas how I can diagnose why my connection keeps dropping? The router I am using is DG834N

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Line Stats please, use the search function to find out what 'Line Stats' are

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭simi956

Download
    Line Attenuation 29.0 db
    Noise Margin 18.1 db

Upload
    Line Attenuation 16.0 db
    Noisde Margin 15.0 db

Well that looks absolutely fine , is it a 2mbit or even a 3mbit package ??

is there a time of day pattern ?

have you tried it with everything ( even filters) disconnected , only the modem in , to see if it stabilises ??

is it well ventilated as in no vents blocked or obstructed ??

it could be a dodgy modem, can you borrow another even an eircom netopia ??

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭simi956

3 MB Connection

It has happened twice last night and today

No vents blocked, and it is only brand new about 3 months old.
    I will try with filters disconnected
    Are they good stats, or is there alot of noise on the line?

It could well have been an issue in the exchange, it happens on occasion. If the stats go to 0db / 0db then its an eircom problem in the exchange but thats a good 3mbit line for now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 for_the_buzz

Iv had same problem since i signed up to BT over a year ago. tried 3 different Modems, reconnected the interior wiring and still nothing fixes it. I think its a problem with the actual line coming into the house but BT wont do anything about it because no problem shows up on there end except the amount of times my connection is logging in and out so they cant forward the problem to Eircom to do a line check. Its such an irregular disconnection problem, as in it has no patern when it will go off, day or night. I dunno probubly a case of living with it or change ISP but where i am I dont have many ISP options. Anyway as for this post Mate Id check the wireing coming into your house.

Advertisement