Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Will you be driving unaccompanied?

Options
  • 29-10-2007 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

OK, we all know the rules about driving alone on 1st and 3rd provisionals.

However I am really interested in the numbers of people who were driving alone (due to the very lax garda attitude), and also the numbers of people who will still be driving alone on their 1st or 3rd after this "near clampdown" over the past week.

What is your attitude to the accompanied driver rule? 23 votes

I was always driving alone before this week
    0% 0 votes
    I always drove accompanied by full license holder
    21% 5 votes
    I was driving alone but now will be accompanied
    8% 2 votes
    I was driving alone and will continue driving unaccompanied
    4% 1 vote
    I tried to always drive alone but found it impossible
    65% 15 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭Ray777

I drove alone on my first provisional. Stupidly, I applied for my second provisional just a few weeks before I sold my car (decided to return to college, and couldn't afford to keep it). I now have a car again, and applied (via post) for my third provisional/permit early last week. I applied for my test over a week ago, and I'm planning on getting a load of lessons, just to get used to driving again, and to avoid getting into bad habits. I think I'll play it safe and give it a few weeks before driving unaccompanied and keep an eye on boards.ie and the media, just in case the Gardai actually do decide to clamp down on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭okcomputer

looks like everyone is going to drive away so...hope it works out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I only recently got my full licence but i drove on my own for over a year without caring. alot of my mates from in and outside school drive on their own and this is easily the most talked about thing this week, basically everyone is going to try and pass their test before June and if they dont, they wont drive for the first few weeks to see how strict it is then make a decision. cuz at the end of the day nobody want to risk losing their licence and €1000 just for a lift to school.

Advertisement