Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 6300

• 29-10-2007 3:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭

Whats everyones take on the Nokia 6300? Thinking of upgrading to it on Meteor.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

I have the 6300 about a month now. Great solid phone. Totally recommended!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Only downside I can see is the battery life which is about a day and a half - this being about average with most new phones though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I love my 6300. It's a dinky little phone that doesn't have a load of bells and whistles - it's "just" 2.75G, has an FM radio and media player for audio, plus bluetooth. The camera is ok at 2 Megapixels, but with this phone it's the size that really matters. I constantly have to keep checking to see if the phone is in my pocket.

The battery life is as ciranfo says - not the greatest. I get about a 1-2 days, and that's with using the FM radio/mp3 player for 2 hours a day, plus one or two calls a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

a week ago i would wholeheartedly recommended it but since it has developed a habit of rebooting itself...including when i am receiving a call. Very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 shepherd

I got a 6300 recently. Very happy with it. There's few things you can do to help battery life... not sure how much difference it makes, but im getting 3 days at least out of it. Thats without using radio, few texts a day and a short call or two day.

Might be worth investing in a 1020mah BL-5c battery... higher capacity than standard battery, but follow instructions to get it to fit:
    http://eddmills.wordpress.com/2007/05/16/reasons-and-solutions-for-the-nokia-6300-poor-battery-life-issue/

Waiting for mine now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

I have one and I like it, but I have yet to use it as an everyday phone...still sticking to my 6230i at the moment.

Have to say the sudoku game on it is great though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

shepherd wrote: »
    I got a 6300 recently. Very happy with it. There's few things you can do to help battery life... not sure how much difference it makes, but im getting 3 days at least out of it. Thats without using radio, few texts a day and a short call or two day.

Might be worth investing in a 1020mah BL-5c battery... higher capacity than standard battery, but follow instructions to get it to fit:
    http://eddmills.wordpress.com/2007/05/16/reasons-and-solutions-for-the-nokia-6300-poor-battery-life-issue/

Waiting for mine now...

Make sure you get the right battery.
    http://www.mobilegazette.com/nokia-bl5c-07x08x15.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

RuggieBear wrote: »
    a week ago i would wholeheartedly recommended it but since it has developed a habit of rebooting itself...including when i am receiving a call. Very annoying.

i never understood when people say that you shouldn't buy a phone because their's went faulty. the phone itself is fine. you either got a dodgy handset or did something yourself to break it. either way, until there are hundreds of them reported with the same fault, the fact that yours broke is irrelevant.

now if he was asking about the 6111, that'd be a different story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i never understood when people say that you shouldn't buy a phone because their's went faulty. the phone itself is fine. you either got a dodgy handset or did something yourself to break it. either way, until there are hundreds of them reported with the same fault, the fact that yours broke is irrelevant.

he asks for an opinion i give it. the fact that yours hasn't broke is equally "irrelevant".

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

don'tn be silly, how can you comment on a phone without discussing personal experiences. the opmay as well read a phone review then!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

If theres pattern of failures that indicated a design or manufacturing then I'd take notice of it. Sim phones generally have poor battery life. Thats the trade off.

Advertisement