Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rear Bushings, Lexus IS200

Options
  • 29-10-2007 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    Both my rear bushing apartently need changing. The garage tells me it will cost close to €1k to fix as they have to replace the entire suspension arm along with the bushings as you cant get the bushing on its own. It seems a bit ridiculous to me. Are they taking the p**s?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

yep, i got the same job done on my 5 series for around 500 quid, same thing whole new front control arms

try a decent independent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Check if there aftermarket bushings available, as quite often these are just the rubber (well, usually polyurethene) bit. Fitting them can be fun.. I quite enjoyed replacing them in my DA6 Integra:D
    bushremove.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Don't know about rear bushings, but shop around...

My 3 series front bushings were on their way out. So I would have had to buy new bushings, then a ball-joint puller etc. etc. and basicly was gonna cost a pretty penny

Went onto eBay and bought brand new wishbones, WITH BUSHINGS etc. for 50 sterling each... so it was just a bolt off, bolt on job. Hapy days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Similar to John Clearys experience, I had to do some rear bushings on my 156. At first I was a little aghast at the fact that the entire arms had to be replaced rather than just the bushings. When I got to doing it, it was only marginally more difficult than changing a wheel. It would have been a bitch to press out the old bushings and put new ones in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Similar to John Clearys experience, I had to do some rear bushings on my 156. At first I was a little aghast at the fact that the entire arms had to be replaced rather than just the bushings. When I got to doing it, it was only marginally more difficult than changing a wheel. It would have been a bitch to press out the old bushings and put new ones in.

Plus you have to make sure you have the bushings in the right place etc... basicly a pig of a job

I personally think it'd be cheaper to buy the whole arm rather than pay the labour of fitting new bushings

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Thanks for the help people.
    Ill try to find them online I suppose

Advertisement