Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI bans flags from EL grounds

• 29-10-2007 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

"Delaney out" flags banned from all EL grounds, it hurts his mammys feelings.

Clubs have agreed to eject any fan with an offensive delaney out banner.

Im bringing 12 to Belfied on friday hopefully they ban me for life, perfect excuse to never go there again.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

If you're banned from Belfield, does that mean the Belfield Bowl as well?

Pathetic stuff by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    If you're banned from Belfield, does that mean the Belfield Bowl as well?

Pathetic stuff by the way.

Hope so :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

any official link for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,034 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Freedom to expression/speech? Right to protest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I brought an "THE FAI FAILURE" flag to flancare last season. One of the stewards came over telling me (I know him well) that the FAI official was demanding the banner be taken down. Well needless to say I refused to take it down and there it stayed for the 90mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

GBX wrote: »

You can protest all ya want outside of private property, but once you're in there, they can do whatever they **** they want normally :)

Organise a protest in Merrion Square, they can't stop ya there

PHB wrote: »
    You can protest all ya want outside of private property, but once you're in there, they can do whatever they **** they want normally :)

Organise a protest in Merrion Square, they can't stop ya there

Correct and its on this friday

details can be found http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=1114167960

I cant view that page so not sure whats there, but i bet its dumb.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Correct and its on this friday

details can be found http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=1114167960

I cant view that page so not sure whats there, but i bet its dumb.

kdjac

420812123a5896849245l.jpg

thats up there kdjac.

i hate the fai. will stop us singing anti fai songs if we start them:rolleyes:

Edit; blasted image tags turned off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

I brought an "THE FAI FAILURE" flag to flancare last season. One of the stewards came over telling me (I know him well) that the FAI official was demanding the banner be taken down. Well needless to say I refused to take it down and there it stayed for the 90mins.

And you pissed him off so much he remembered the incident when they were discussing your club's 'financial irregularities'. Was it worth it? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Rumour has it that Maxi , will be making a return and pouring yet more petrol into his eye.

This is only mere speculation.

:p

• Advertisement

Does the FAI actually have the authority to censor banners inside a club's ground? I guess they do at Drogheda because the FAI owns United Park, but surely not at other grounds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Should I fly home for it, that's the question :P

It's had 34k views, that's gona be some crowd :P

PDN wrote: »
    Does the FAI actually have the authority to censor banners inside a club's ground? I guess they do at Drogheda because the FAI owns United Park, but surely not at other grounds?

They asked the clubs to do it for them, can just see Kerr asking pats fans to take down the Delaney out banner and add YOU WANKER to it.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

KdjaCL wrote: »
    They asked the clubs to do it for them, can just see Kerr asking pats fans to take down the Delaney out banner and add YOU WANKER to it.

kdjac

Does anyone know the out comes if the clubs , don't actually abide by this new rule ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Well it could be worse in Italy they have banned (or at least they were going to) all flags containing any writing or symbols and only the Italian national flag and the cubs flag can be flown by the fans.

Well it could be worse in Italy they have banned (or at least they were going to) all flags containing any writing or symbols and only the Italian national flag and the cubs flag can be flown by the fans.

OK, the Chicago Cubs are my favourite baseball team, but why would their flag be flown by Italian soccer fans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

OK, the Chicago Cubs are my favourite baseball team, but why would their flag be flown by Italian soccer fans?
    Because Italy is a free country and people can fly whatever flag they want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Read the thread title and thought it said FAI bans flags from EL grounds. Thought to myself "thats absolutely ridiculous". Then I read that it was actually flags they were trying to ban and I thought "thats even worse"

Anti FAI/Delaney Flags are an integral part of all EL matches. If I could draw i'd sneak into Oriel Park in the dead of the night and draw one big flag on the pitch with various anti Delaney/FAI/O'Leary/Hitler slogans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Someone should make a banner and tie it to the railings of Merrion Sq. park directly opposite the FAI headquarters, do it using cable ties so they can't get it down too easy as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

I am surprised FAI officials even go to Irish league matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭raheny red

d22ontour wrote: »

Yeah would be a bit strange traveling up north every Saturday afternoon ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

GBX wrote: »

Private property, read the back of your ticket for terms and conditions.

What amuses me most is that a group of internet fans have decided that within the domestic game there is a wish for Delaney to depart, whereas at the grassroots the opposite is true.

Forget about Bobby Staunton. The rest of the FAI is a far better place for Delaney, he singlehandedly dismantled the blazer structure and is a massively popular man amongst the rank and file for this feat alone.

Organise your protest. I predict 15 people will bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

d22ontour wrote: »

Why?

The FAI can be accused of lots of things, but this? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

Because why would they be interested in Ards V Distillery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

He obvioiusly meant LoI.

In anyway.

I always see FAI Officials at LoI games.

There are there to make sure the tea is at the optimum temperature, the custard creams have enough cream and tick some boxes on a sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

DesF wrote: »
    He obvioiusly meant LoI.

In anyway.

I always see FAI Officials at LoI games.

There are there to make sure the tea is at the optimum temperature, the custard creams have enough cream and tick some boxes on a sheet.

Ha, good call:D Thats's exactly what I was treated to at half-time in Belfield at Sundays semi-final!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

What did you expect from an Ass only a kick....

It's the typical tactic of a dictator, silence your critics and you look good....or at least don't look bad.

Nunu wrote: »
    Ha, good call:D Thats's exactly what I was treated to at half-time in Belfield at Sundays semi-final!
    :eek:

Are you an FAI Official?

If so, are you willing to answer some questions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Are you an FAI Official?

Custard slice INDEED!

was it fresh?

• Advertisement

Who mentioned Custard Slices? It's not La Bleedin' Liga here you know.

No, no, no.

Custard creams is what we are talking about. The cheap biscuits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Are you an FAI Official?

:D

No, I just chanced my arm over at the dressing rooms when the second half begun and all the officials had vacated. The tea-lady was only too glad to serve me and have a quick chat...oh and I also got the last cheese sambo;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Who mentioned Custard Slices? It's not La Bleedin' Liga here you know.

No, no, no.

Custard creams is what we are talking about. The cheap biscuits.

My belly was doing the reading!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

If only someone would go to the trouble of making one of those stand-size giant flags with "Delany Out" written on it for the last euro2008 qualifier. Would get the coverage and would be hard to ask someone to remove a flag the size of a small country.

Wouldn't say it'd be cheap to make it though.

Advertisement