Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia 8800 GT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Its out today in America so I assume its the same here??

There are reviews everywhere of it online now.

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTQxMCwxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

TomsHardware have one too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150252

:eek:$270!!!! :eek: Getting 2 of them when I'm in LA in December :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭NordicDiver

Dabs have them in stock :) !
    Gigabyte GeForce 8800GT 512MB
    267 Euros..

The RRP is $250, I hate the way we get screwed over teh whole time :( .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

komplett too - well due in stock soon.

fairly steep in price to be honest considering the US rrp

256mb cards due soon should be a bit cheaper

With the way the dollar is
    1€ = 1.4426$

there is every reason to look at getting one from the US
    if anyone can come up with a good way of ordering a few in and wants to share delivery costs, let me know

• Advertisement

The cheapest I can find it is on scan for teh equivelent of €250 before shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

update
    UPDATE - 10/29/07-8:29am: A very interesting addendum to this. I just got off the phone with BFG Tech and NVIDIA has been doing some strange things lately. As of this morning, the GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB (unsure on the 320MB) will have its stream processors officially increased to 112, the same as the GT. This should put the GTS back ahead of the GT as per the paper specs. However, the separation in the products is still going to be very small except for those of you wanting to run high resolutions with AA turned on. To do that you are still going to need a $400+ video card..or so. Our new spec GTS is on the way to us now and we will of course be updating you. Given the GT's faster clocks and possibly larger texture unit, we will have to wait and see. Undoubtedly though, the 8800 GT remains a stellar value at the expected price points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

jaysus, AMD get kicked in the ballz by Intel, and ATI get raped by nVIDIA...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Aaah nice :D

I'll be picking myself up one of these when Im over in the states again (soon enough I hope)

€255 Cheapest on Komplett

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

i dunno , be wary off these reviews

06 scores proved false

related?

nvidia coughs up ipods for articles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

:eek::confused::eek::confused::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Just wondering does anyone know if this card would work on my board?
    http://www.epox.com.tw/eng/products_content.php?ps=335

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

All it needs is a PCI-Express slot, which that mobo has, so it should be grand :)

Think I'll be getting one of these too, going to wait another day or two for a couple more reviews to come out about the different manufacturers variations before I plump for one in particular though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

jaysis the 8800gt kills the gts!
    why did i buy a gts??

i saw one benchmark where an overcloked gt got a higher 06 score than a gtx!

damn graphics card....anyone yet to upgrade is in a great poition now i mean after the gt will be going for around 200 euro..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,612 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

They're releasing a new upgraded GTS now as well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Worth getting 2 for Sli or better getting a Ultra?

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

2 in sli would destroy an ultra imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Just wondering does anyone know if this card would work on my board?
    http://www.epox.com.tw/eng/products_content.php?ps=335

yep! if it fits in your case..
    the new 2.0 pci-e will work in a regular pci-e (16x)slot
    the 2.0 part is a new standard like when 8x agp took over from 4xagp..the new x38 775 mobos suopport 2.0 pci-e but i'm unsure if they can really utilise all that bandwidth yet... by way 8800gt will require a decent cpu (cd2 2ghz or above) and mobo to work with if you wanna see that performance reported in the earliest reviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

ordered mine yesterday woot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

hi all.my mate is going to the states soon so was thinking of getting him to get me one. i hear the fan is noisy on them so how hard would it be to replace it with a quieter one?
    thx.

If you are able to mount a heatsink properly then it is not hard at all. hardocp.com should be doing a roundup of teh best coolers for the 8800gt within the next week or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I just read the GeForce 8800 GT is the world’s first PCI Express 2.0 graphics card. I assume my motherboard supports this and I won't have to go out and by a new one lol, it's only about 8 months old

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

MooseJam wrote: »
    I just read the GeForce 8800 GT is the world’s first PCI Express 2.0 graphics card. I assume my motherboard supports this and I won't have to go out and by a new one lol, it's only about 8 months old

you won't.

it supports pci express 1.0/2.0 :D

Yeah PCI-e 2 is backwords compatible.

If you are able to mount a heatsink properly then it is not hard at all. hardocp.com should be doing a roundup of teh best coolers for the 8800gt within the next week or two.

thx 4 the info. will have a look at that site.

No problem man. I will post back here when the roundup comes out ( note: there is a very big possibility that i will forget to post here you are best to look yourself every now and then).

No problem man. I will post back here when the roundup comes out ( note: there is a very big possibility that i will forget to post here you are best to look yourself every now and then).

lol will do.
    thanks

Advertisement