Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless-N Broadband Router from linksys

• 29-10-2007 5:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44

hi all,

Just bought a Wireless-N Broadband Router from linksys. I currently have wireless broadband from premier broadband. This works ok when i plug it into my laptop but when i connect it to the wireless broadband router i cannot connect to the internet. I went to the setup page for the wireless router and it is setup for an ADSL line, does anyone know how to set it up properly.

Cheers,

chevy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

You'll have to tell us more. Is that ADSL broadband reseller or it a wireless provider?

Did your ISP provide a modem of any sort? What connectors does it have -- USB, ethernet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 chevy

its a wireless provider, ethernet connection comes from the dish on the roof into a small blalck box i presume is a modem. Another ethernet connection then goes to my laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Croc

is this the company

www.premierbb.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Croc

If so then they are similar to Irish Broadband in set up. If you look here http://www.irishbroadband.ie/support/download_cats.php?cid=155
    and select anyone of the blue access buttons it will open a pdf file explaining how to set it up, anyone should do.

But basically you need to set up dynamic ip address etc (unlike adls i.e eircom etc) on the router as its now talking to the modem and not your laptop,. The Irish Broadband File should help.

You need to plug the network cable from you laptop into the router open a web browser and type the ip address of the router linksys normally 192.168.1.1 and that will allow you access to the router to make those changes.

After that follow the example in the IBB file, Premier should also have given you details of those dynamic ip address etc as they are unique to you.

yes, but i don't think its a mesh network like it says on the website, the dish connects to a base station about 20 miles away (but i could be wrong).

• Advertisement

thanks croc i have it working now

Advertisement