Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

360 Online Game

Options
  • 29-10-2007 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got to play online in a proper game.

I can't connect to most people and when I do the game just jumps all over the place from lagging.

I've scored a goal and it ends up coming back out of the net etc.

The numbers up the top are usuall host 35 me 70 at the start and as soon as it loads into the game ie on the pitch they jump up to loads > 2000.

My NAT settings are moderate (thread to try and find out how to open) and I've 1mb BT broadband, has this anything to do with it or is it just this game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

It's the games fault, everyone is having problems.

I've had some decent games where the lag is minimal but still doesn't feel smooth, and other games it's a disaster and unplayable.

Guess we'll just have to wait

disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Hmm, I was hoping that they would get the online sorted out after having some experience with PES 6. Obviously not.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

to get lag-free games, well less lag, go to custom games and search for games in English only. This work for the 5 mathces Ive played, which I somehow managed to win them all and score a hat-trick getting me a nice 120 points

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Tried this real late so I'd get good bandwidth but it was just the same, numbers up the top just go into the thousands as soon as the game starts and 1 min later connection is lost. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Keith186 wrote: »
    Tried this real late so I'd get good bandwidth but it was just the same, numbers up the top just go into the thousands as soon as the game starts and 1 min later connection is lost. :(

Exact same as me. It's a joke. Better off not playing online until they release a patch mate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

had my first game online last night, what a disaster! An absolute shambles. The lag was unreal, never seen anything like it, I had to quit before half time. I'd quit twice in over 100 games on PES6, both due to glitchers freezing up the play, but now my record on this is one game, one quit. Absolute cr@p. One of the goals, which I wanted to video at the end and put it on youtube, but quit so didnt get to see it again, was so bad you wouldnt believe.

Baiscally, other player takes a corner, and I head it clear, commentator says something like good clearance. Next thing the frame jumps back to the goal and the net is bulging and the player is wheeling away celebrating a goal! And I though maybe the replay might show something different, but no, exact same. Ball is in mid air about 10 yards outside the box, then just flashes into the net!

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

hanton12 wrote: »
    Baiscally, other player takes a corner, and I head it clear, commentator says something like good clearance. Next thing the frame jumps back to the goal and the net is bulging and the player is wheeling away celebrating a goal! And I though maybe the replay might show something different, but no, exact same. Ball is in mid air about 10 yards outside the box, then just flashes into the net!

(sarcasm) I actually find it quite hilarious and hope they leave it this way. It's like that episode of Futurama where everything kept flashing forward in time and nobody understood what was going on. Brilliant! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

(sarcasm) I actually find it quite hilarious and hope they leave it this way. It's like that episode of Futurama where everything kept flashing forward in time and nobody understood what was going on. Brilliant! ;)

it sure as hell confused me anyway!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

I have been playing online against mates, where one of us sends an invite. Overall it has been pretty good, only time I have noticed real lag is when one of use crosses into a crowded box or some other event where a lot of info is obviously being sent. It does definitley need to be sorted, but so far it hasn't been unplayable.

I have 4mb BB and my mate has 12mb, so that might be helpful for us too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Played a few games last night online. Took ages to find a "Quick Match" then was pretty laggy but just about playable. Why do Konami always release such rubbish? Pro evo 5 was the only only one that worked properly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

dmigsy wrote: »
    Played a few games last night online. Took ages to find a "Quick Match" then was pretty laggy but just about playable. Why do Konami always release such rubbish? Pro evo 5 was the only only one that worked properly.

For me pro 6 worked a dream online for me, almost no diff in quality between offline, bar the odd laggy game. how they managed to screw up so bad this time is beyond me. Did improve somewhat for me though last friday night, played a few non ranked(for the sake of my sanity) and it was at least playable, a little better than i was used to on the ps2 pro 6 version during the bad half. Still a joke, FIFA 08 has no lag whatsoever so dont see how Konami can't get it right. Myself i think this year they spent too much time on marketing , i noticed a huge increase in the ad's they been putting up, especially in premiership games, clutching at straws maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

givyjoe81 wrote: »
    For me pro 6 worked a dream online for me, almost no diff in quality between offline, bar the odd laggy game. how they managed to screw up so bad this time is beyond me. Did improve somewhat for me though last friday night, played a few non ranked(for the sake of my sanity) and it was at least playable, a little better than i was used to on the ps2 pro 6 version during the bad half. Still a joke, FIFA 08 has no lag whatsoever so dont see how Konami can't get it right. Myself i think this year they spent too much time on marketing , i noticed a huge increase in the ad's they been putting up, especially in premiership games, clutching at straws maybe.

No I think you hit it bang on the money. They barely improved it over last years but pushed up the marketing as they realize people will buy it in good faith anyway. Well I'm done with it. Not getting it next year. Not going to FIFA either mind, but I'll probably get PES 2010 as it might have changed enough in 2 years and with 2 x 6 month development times a years worth should show some difference.

Advertisement