Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car paint

Options
  • 29-10-2007 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭

hey,

this post mainly out of curiosity

I've been looking around for a used car and have been nay impressed with quality, particularly when it comes to paintjobs on many of the 'garage' models.

Really shabby spraypainting over scraps and scratches and generally poor quality work.

I then also saw a private car that had scratches everywhere. But mechanically it was in find stead and a nice car - but it genuinely would need a top to bottom paint job.

What would this kind of thing cost?

And why do garages do a half assed job in painting over scratches?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Full resprays genrally are around €2500 - €4000, painting over scratches is laquer covering them up from a repair thats already on the panel.

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

so basically I should find a car that's in immaculate condition!

thanks volvoboy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Unless your buying a out of the box '07 motor your going to have scratches on any car, a used car is just that ''USED''

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Volvoboy wrote: »
    Unless your buying a out of the box '07 motor your going to have scratches on any car, a used car is just that ''USED''

-VB-

ah of course, but I'm talking absolutely disastrous scratches in a few I saw today.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

where have you been looking?
    I know I wouldn't let anything with scrapes or bad paintwork near the forecourt.
    Are you looking at really old cars?

• Advertisement
Advertisement