Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gimp Quickmask problem

Options
  • 29-10-2007 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Quickmask/

I tried the above with the Gimp but in my image it was the centre that was changed not the outline. Where did I go wrong? I am new but did it several times following each step as in the link.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

You need to swap the foreground and background colours in the gradient. An Australian friend used that tutorial and had the exact same problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭IncredibleHulk

Fenster wrote: »
    You need to swap the foreground and background colours in the gradient. An Australian friend used that tutorial and had the exact same problem.

Thanks will try that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭IncredibleHulk

Thanks will try that ;)

I did try

Can find gradient but do not see background or foreground colours option?

Can you point me to where the option to change is pleasel?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭haz

Can find gradient but do not see background or foreground colours option?
    Can you point me to where the option to change is pleasel?

In version 2.2.13 this is the Reverse checkbox of the Gradient Fill or FG / BG / Pattern selection in the Bucket Fill tool.

However, I think you are creating and modifying the quickmask selection correctly (i.e. selecting the image area) up to step 6, but not inverting the selection (to select the vignette around the image) before filling.

Advertisement