Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

LynnGrace wrote: »
    'As the saying goes, if Dunne can't do it it can't be done'...
    What saying, Ben? Can't say I ever heard it, until the ad for Ben Dunne gyms started being aired...every five minutes. Not the worst of ads, I suppose, just a bit tiresome.

I think it was a slogan for the shops in the 1950s or 60s. So not the most relevant to todays gym-goer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

The guy for the ikea ads is creepy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Does that distressed woman in the Abbey Travel ad have an orgasm when himself suggests they go 'down under' to see the sprogs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Voice Actor: "So are you already for your retirement, Dave"...

Same Voice Actor (supposedly as "Dave"): "Eh, no"...

Sloppy advertising to say the least..

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭MangoMachine

Ben Dunne Gym adverts on Newstalk.
    "No wonder other gyms don't advertise they're prices... I think they're embarrassed".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Ben Dunne Gym adverts on Newstalk.
    "No wonder other gyms don't advertise they're prices... I think they're embarrassed".

You don't say whether this is one of the Worst/Best Ads. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The Nissan Note advert wrecks my head....

<Most annoying irritating womans voice>
    "Jimmy have you got your lunch
    Cathy come back your chello is in the boot
    Sean put that down
    Aoife put Sean down
    Jimmy show me your hands
    Now wash them before your lunch
    Sophie, where's Sophie..ruff ruff, ok grand"
    </Most annoying irritating womans voice>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Voice Actor: "So are you already for your retirement, Dave"...

Same Voice Actor (supposedly as "Dave"): "Eh, no"...

Sloppy advertising to say the least..

That's Malacky from Fair City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

The menu is to DIE for...aargh. I don't even know where the ad is for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭MangoMachine

You don't say whether this is one of the Worst/Best Ads. :D

I'll leave that to your own discretion!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Probably been mentioned before but.. Des Kelly Adverts :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Hector Mildew

I have to switch off the UPC ad when it come on. It reminds me of wasted time spent on hold when I call UPC - same ad music on a loop for 25 minutes...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Caveat_

The guy for the ikea ads is creepy

Freaks me out a bit too :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

OMG Sonia O'Sullivan is such a sell out. Those ads she is on for health supplements that make her feel fit and healthy.:eek:
    You're an athlete Sonia you know being fit and health is all down to your diet and hard work in training not some fish oil supplement.
    Disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭serfboard

OMG Sonia O'Sullivan is such a sell out. Those ads she is on for health supplements that make her feel fit and healthy.:eek:
    You're an athlete Sonia you know being fit and health is all down to your diet and hard work in training not some fish oil supplement.
    Disappointed.
    Heard the ad meself and reckoned that times must be fairly tight in the O'Sullivan household.

Though Sonia's name wouldn't convince me to buy whatever snake fish oil she's selling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Anyone out there have a recording of 'Coolock Tile and Bathroom Centre - Turning Ireland into Tileland everyday' ad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Disappointed.

Doesn't help that that Ad style has been defunct since the 1960s - embarrassingly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

If I hear "we call it the P&G affect" one more time.....I'll go f##king mad!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭mondymike

Fran1985 wrote: »
    Couple of days ago, the Toyota Auris ad was on. Girl traded in her 08 golf for a 141.

This morning i heard the response from Volkswagon. Same guy and girl talking,but this time she's telling how she returned the 141 auris and got her old car because it just wasn't a golf.

Nothing special about the script or anything but I just thought it was a great come back.

Great ad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭mondymike

Fran1985 wrote: »
    Couple of days ago, the Toyota Auris ad was on. Girl traded in her 08 golf for a 141.

This morning i heard the response from Volkswagon. Same guy and girl talking,but this time she's telling how she returned the 141 auris and got her old car because it just wasn't a golf.

Nothing special about the script or anything but I just thought it was a great come back.

Great ad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Doesn't help that that Ad style has been defunct since the 1960s - embarrassingly bad.

I *insert celeb name* wholeheartedly endorse *insert brand of product or service*

There was another (rugby lad?) promoting shower units a bit ago in an equally toe curling ad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

I *insert celeb name* wholeheartedly endorse *insert brand of product or service*

There was another (rugby lad?) promoting shower units a bit ago in an equally toe curling ad.

Ah yes, Donncha O'Callaghan telling us that Triton T90 showers were "truly awash with greatness" :rolleyes: before being handed a full to the brim with money bag with a euro symbol on it

The latest one for the Leopardstown Inn (I think thats it anyway) with the poor mans James Bond/ Sean Connery impersonation.
    Its bad and cheap and nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Floody Boreland

I'm going a la carte.

WHAAAART.

'Dont renoo unless it's bloo' :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Lteegan

What about that ad with the couple going on about visiting the titanic? 'who knew it was so close to Dublin' etc. I think it says you can learn more about their visit online somewhere.....why would you? good grief!

Some Early and Baldwin solictors ad. Hate it already, sounds like it was written by an 8 year old.

Lteegan wrote: »
    What about that ad with the couple going on about visiting the titanic? 'who knew it was so close to Dublin' etc. I think it says you can learn more about their visit online somewhere.....why would you? good grief!

Also I don't give a damn about the bloody Titanic. Its not at all "insane" to be standing in Belfast where the ship itself once stood.
    Very irritating all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Joe Duffy..

One running on Today fm at the minute for the Kylie Minogue concert, yer wan doing the voice over has a horrific annoying voice.

Has anyone noticed the pair in the Harvey Norman ads have changed accents from Aussie to Irish, reading the exact same tripe about laptops?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Two I hate at the moment.....
    HIREland......................aghhhhhhhhh....its the way the voice pronounces HIREland......

Also a very annoying jingle for car insurance......cover in a click, cover in a click.......then a mans voice....cawrrrr insurrrrance for yaung dwivers........

Absolutely detest both those radio ads.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Quite liked the ad for the Irish times Brian odriscoll pullout last week where the the VoiceOver guy starts crying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Quite liked the ad for the Irish times Brian odriscoll pullout last week where the the VoiceOver guy starts crying

Yeah, it made me laugh! Sometimes the Old Lady of D'Olier Street manages to nail it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

Has anyone noticed the pair in the Harvey Norman ads have changed accents from Aussie to Irish, reading the exact same tripe about laptops?

the aussie version was bad the irish one is just dreadful. it sounds like the sports guy from 98fm/newstalk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

That Zurich insurance ad with the "Comfy Chair" makes me want to smash my radio up.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭tommytee

Sonya Eskimo3 O'Sullivan AD??? she sounds just like a Corkonian robot would sound, especially the last two lines of the ad, terrible ad altogether :(

tommytee wrote: »
    Sonya Eskimo3 O'Sullivan AD??? she sounds just like a Corkonian robot would sound, especially the last two lines of the ad, terrible ad altogether :(

They're Iniut now, they don't like being called Eskimos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Every ad on Nova. Especially with Dee Woods. Which is 90& of their bloody ads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

statto25 wrote: »
    That Zurich insurance ad with the "Comfy Chair" makes me want to smash my radio up.

That add does my head in. The one with the tiles aswell made me want to kill who ever made them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

[something] Baldwin Solicitors. Terrible ad and it didn't even make me remember the full name. Generally, trying to be "zany" is not a reason I'd select a solicitors firm!

CptMackey wrote: »
    That add does my head in. The one with the tiles aswell made me want to kill who ever made them

After a brief respite it seems to be back with a vengence:(
    MYOB wrote: »
    [something] Baldwin Solicitors. Terrible ad and it didn't even make me remember the full name. Generally, trying to be "zany" is not a reason I'd select a solicitors firm!

Both of these are so bad and so annoying that I now turn the radio off when they come on. Same for the P&G ads.

The An Post ad for paying bills. Dreadful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Joe Duffy..

The ad for the Tony Fenton show. Stomach churning. ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

MYOB wrote: »

Early and Baldwin......'Always early, very bald'.........Those words are uttered in the ad - I kid you not! Wouldn't be rushing to have them represent me either!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

There is a ad that features that ex runner from Cork O'Sullivan. It's so bad the way she is reading the lines. Almost as if she is kidnapped and forced to read it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

those boots mothers day ads surely Boots is a big enough company that they dont need to skimp on the cost of a voice over actress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Fear mhaith ar an wikipedia ba ea é Domhnail O'Donován...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Fear mhaith ar an wikipedia ba ea é Domhnail O'Donován...

Thank you!

I honestly don't know what the point of those ads is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

It lowers the blood pressure of Peadar, the semi-inbred hardcore Gaelgoir who has to enforce some bullshit minimum quota for Irish language content.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement