Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

If I hear that Ford swappage ad once more I'll hit the person next to me .......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

If I hear that Ford swappage ad once more I'll hit the person next to me .......

I'll sit beside then as I want to kill myself when it comes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

I love the Rabo Direct ads. The guy telephoning the bank's customer line, is it?, because his car has broken down. It's the blank incomprehension on the part of the bank staffer and the pig-headedness of the caller that I like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

I love the Rabo Direct ads. The guy telephoning the bank's customer line, is it?, because his car has broken down. It's the blank incomprehension on the part of the bank staffer and the pig-headedness of the caller that I like.

Can't agree, the eejit who rings up Rabo is a representative of the Celtic Tiger, Newstalk, daft question poster on Boards.ie generation who are incapable of tying their shoelaces without their mammy. Teeth grinding stuff!

Can't agree, the eejit who rings up Rabo is a representative of the Celtic Tiger, Newstalk, daft question poster on Boards.ie generation who are incapable of tying their shoelaces without their mammy. Teeth grinding stuff!

But surely that's the point of the joke.
    It's immeasurably better than the old ads with Sean Moncrieff (who is a terrific broadcaster) telling us that there were T&Cs - "but nothing schnakey".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Swapp-aaaaaaaaah-ge is the only ad on the radio at the moment that makes me reach for the 'change station' button on my steering wheel (usually accompanied by the word "Nah").

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

O'Meara Camping Ads are a right pain too - especially the one where some hilarious idiot is trying to claim all the things he has invented and then unzips himself - it's crying out for somebody to parody in a Pythonesque way. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

"We are not responsible for any wheelies, we dont take responsibility for any badly performed wheelies"...

You've tried the joke three times and it's still not funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 A pint o Guinness

ITT: Irish people trying too hard to be American in their advertisements.
    Also the terrible British and "working class" ones.
    "oi lad djaygagwandagon hurling tractor paul oconell"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

"Do you know what time it is? Yes ladies, the Diet Coke break is back."

It's the faux-British accent on the word "back" that grinds my t*ts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Suffering from an acute case of earworm at the moment. That UPC ad that's all over the radio and TV. I can't get that tune out of my head! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

That meteor ad with the "rocket scientist"....grrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

fussyonion wrote: »
    GetCover.ie

:mad::mad:

This ad is horrible. Like how in God's name did this get commissioned? I'll see past the terrible jingle (sometimes the worst ones are the best for sticking in your head) but the singing and the diction of the singer are brutal.

It's like they just picked a random woman in the street and got her to sing it. Literally thousands of women in the country with better voices and less irritating diction and they pick her. Baffling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Have Ye seen the ad for kbc bank, I'm a winning kind of person blah blah, such drivel, an irritating kind of person is more like it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,654 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

The Pharmaton junion ad...... "something something something with Pharmaton the kitty crunchy way".

She even says it twice.

Why would you want to feed your juniors cat food, even if it is nice and crunchy :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,931 ✭✭✭✭L1011

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    The Pharmaton junion ad...... "something something something with Pharmaton the kitty crunchy way".

She even says it twice.

Why would you want to feed your juniors cat food, even if it is nice and crunchy :confused:

http://sammccauley.ie/images/productImages/Large/kiddi_pharmaton_crunchy_tabs.jpg

Woeful product name even when its said recognisably in the ad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Meanwhile in Dahblin, Nora is strangling a cat in the shower...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭neris

Those bloody aldi 6 ads. Radio smashing ad.

Also those physiotherapist course ads. Drive ya nuts they would

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭itsduffy

Definitely Hello Boys And Girls , Finny The Frog here...so annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The one for Hyundai where the fella pronounces it "High-and-Die".
    It's HYUNDAI FFS.

• Advertisement

That meteor rocket scientist and the muppets who created and approved that ad should have a meeting with a baseball bat. What absolute ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭patrickc

that fecking ad for the Leopardstown inn, with the apparent James bond in it.

pure annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Meangadh wrote: »
    This ad is horrible. Like how in God's name did this get commissioned? I'll see past the terrible jingle (sometimes the worst ones are the best for sticking in your head) but the singing and the diction of the singer are brutal.

It's like they just picked a random woman in the street and got her to sing it. Literally thousands of women in the country with better voices and less irritating diction and they pick her. Baffling.

I think the bad singing is the whole point of it, done on purpose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Just heard the ad for Northside Shopping Centre -

" Northside (boom) Northside (boom), the great great shopping centre".
    Now I could be wrong but I remember this ad from a young enough age (I'm 40).

Ad still the exact same, shopping centre improved a bit but stilll a kip.

Are you going through a tough time in your life? Ask your solicitor, he can help. He can help you find out who is to blame for all your discontent and sue the pants off them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

The UPC ad for the €1 Sky Sports offer. The fake English football commentator makes me want to kill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

- Hey Sharon, who do you have your car insurance with?

- Thats a pretty personal question isn't it?

- Its not like I asked yuo who you voted for

- You did, the last time.

Since when is asking about who you have your car insurance with a personal question???

gimmick wrote: »
    Since when is asking about who you have your car insurance with a personal question???

I just don't the set-up here. Are the man and woman supposed to be in a relationship? If so, I would think personal questions (even lame-a$$ ones about car insurance) are pretty much on the table. If they're just friends, hangin out together, what's the big deal about asking about something as piffling as insurance? That's the kind of conversation I have across the desk at work all the time. (Yes, I'm boring - not as boring as the pair in the ad, tho...)

gimmick wrote: »

Since they ran out of other "lets make men look like idiots" ideas at their marketing meeting.

• Advertisement

That AXA insurance ad.. My god... What a pair of f**king spanners...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

MYOB wrote: »
    Since they ran out of other "lets make men look like idiots" ideas at their marketing meeting.

Just heard it today. Fcuking brutal.
    Those stupid sexist ads, and the ones where the man is a total idiot drive me nuts.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Switched on the radio during that Ikea ad voiced by that fella with the deep voice and thought Gerry Ryan was back from the dead :eek:

Tesco Back to School ad with their theme tune played, badly, on tin whistles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

KBC - "I have a [X/Y/Z] kind of life"

Brutal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

MYOB wrote: »
    Tesco Back to School ad with their theme tune played, badly, on tin whistles.

Even worse they're the dreaded recorder.... God I hate the recorder:mad::mad:

• Advertisement

They have the ads running on Todayfm for dermot & dave and one of the ads really puts that clown Paul Collins out for the "turn it on Bgosh n bgora culchie" that he tries to put himself across as. The lads nicked his black sack of washing that he was bringing home to his mammy for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

What accent is the lad in the meteor ad supposed to be doing, and why is he doing an accent at all?

"That is the parjamas of dee cats"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

FunLover18 wrote: »
    What accent is the lad in the meteor ad supposed to be doing, and why is he doing an accent at all?

"That is the parjamas of dee cats"

German I think! Clearly his only exposure to German accents has been 1940s Pathé productions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I find all them No Nonsense ads very annoying and invasive. They stress me out to be honest and are extremely loud and brash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

That ad where the children are making up silly excuses not to go to school or as they call it nowadays skew-well :mad: The young one says her head is turning to jally, ear grating stuff makes me want to take a sledge hammer to the radio.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

I find all them No Nonsense ads very annoying and invasive. They stress me out to be honest and are extremely loud and brash.

You must be a very unstable person if they stress you out... They are no louder than others, get the point that they are in your face but we remember them I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭cml387

Fiolina wrote: »
    Just heard the ad for Northside Shopping Centre -

" Northside (boom) Northside (boom), the great great shopping centre".
    Now I could be wrong but I remember this ad from a young enough age (I'm 40).

Ad still the exact same, shopping centre improved a bit but stilll a kip.
    I can remember it from the 1970's. Could it be the actual original recording?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Ciaran

"When the beds are gone, they're gone. And when the stools are gone, they're gone..." Oh shut up!

ivytwine wrote: »
    German I think! Clearly his only exposure to German accents has been 1940s Pathé productions!

I'm getting it as a generic Scandinavian accent but its that bad that I can't be sure.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That ad with someone brushing their teeth then spiting then dumbly going 'huuuh' is back, it irritates the f*ck out of me.

The new ad on 2FM for Tommy Tiernan's gig is both intolerable and also a horrible reminder of how unfunny Tiernan has become over the past decade.

Thank god I only listen to that station for 3 hours a week.

Innocent Smoothies ad - actually, ANY ad with kids trying to be "cute" with randomly changing vocal stress etc. Ear-shatteringly bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The new Leap card for kids ad. The '18' year old sure don't sound like an 18 year old, more like a grown man doing an impression.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 Devostator

I would like to nominate the Babette Josephs ad for worst ad, This woman in nuts, and her ad is terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

The American immigration expert solicitor ad that is constantly played on Newstalk annoys the arse off me.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement