Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I just noticed something about that UPC 'ref leaving the pitch with his Euro ad' the commentator has an English accent, so I presume it's a match in England, would the coin toss not be done with a sterling coin? Also does any station even bother showing the coin toss?

That VHI 'All kids are different' is really getting tiresome, seems like it's on at every ad break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I just noticed something about that UPC 'ref leaving the pitch with his Euro ad' the commentator has an English accent, so I presume it's a match in England, would the coin toss not be done with a sterling coin? Also does any station even bother showing the coin toss?

It is awfully bad alright, and seems to be on heavy rotation at the moment. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

The ads for bill cullens new garage on the long mile road on Newstalk are the worst I've ever heard!!! Would actually put you off going in for a look!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I think an ad for a Dacia dealership is a close second - Dacia are so cheap they can't even afford actors for their ads! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭mackerski

I think an ad for a Dacia dealership is a close second - Dacia are so cheap they can't even afford actors for their ads! :pac:

Or pronunciation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

It has begun...

The new Smyth's Toy advert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The one for Bank of Ireland student accounts.

"You can't do the dishes as you have an exam in the morning and that essay is not going to write itself."

2 completely separate things, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

Birneybau wrote: »
    The one for Bank of Ireland student accounts.

"You can't do the dishes as you have an exam in the morning and that essay is not going to write itself."

2 completely separate things, no?

You obviously didn't go to college... leave it all to the last minute..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

The Business RTE1 Sat 10am

During the add break at 10.30am during this show, they ran 2 promo's for...

''The Business'' 10am Rte 1.

Must have run out of real add's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

"I wasn't her daughter, I was her carer and I didn't have the time or expertise" I don't know what I hate more - the crap acting, the whiny excuses or the godawful excuse for a jingle at the end - "to us it's personal", so you are the only company who is not trying to make money out of govt cuts to home help? Gimme a break!

And the other ad for the same company, with the carer with the posh accent who is best friends with the woman she cares for - wtf? With what they pay carers, you'd be lucky if the carer has English as a first language, never mind a posh accent.

Does my head in every time it comes on, never off radio 1, very revealing about the demographic they're aiming at. Maybe I should move the dial...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

Stenaline showing a remarkable lack of self-awareness by advocating people to "sneak off" to Britain. Didn't need a sale for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭neris

those new ads for advertisers to advertise on Radio. The T&Cs guy needs a kicking, the Jingle girl needs her head dunked in a filthy toilet and who ever came up with those ads needs to be hooked up to a plug socket by the nipples

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

The T&Cs guy is class

now, the gas boiler guy can piss off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

neris wrote: »
    those new ads for advertisers to advertise on Radio. The T&Cs guy needs a kicking, the Jingle girl needs her head dunked in a filthy toilet and who ever came up with those ads needs to be hooked up to a plug socket by the nipples

I'm sorry, but I laugh every time the flatmate knocks on Jingle Girl's door and asks if there's a choir in there. Every time. I'm even smiling typing this. It's great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭hughjohn

" Aaaa hungry feeling"
    Roll on the end of this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Rachel Allen and her posh nasal tones for O'Brien Sandwich Bars.
    "maybe I can tempt you witn some chicken pesto, wild rocket and some chilli chutney"...Oh F*ck off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

I think the T&C guy ad is pretty good; it's funny. But I've only heard it once so far, so we'll see...

I think the T&C guy ad is pretty good; it's funny. But I've only heard it once so far, so we'll see...

Yeah, I thought the T&C ad, even though slightly annoying, was something different and fair play to them for going with it.
    I heard it yesterday and immediately thought 'what's this about?' but as it ended I thought about the guy/girl/team who must have originally pitched it, they came up with something original and a bit leftfield so fair dues. I will put up with it annonyingness just for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Rachel Allen and her posh nasal tones for O'Brien Sandwich Bars.
    "maybe I can tempt you witn some chicken pesto, wild rocket and some chilli chutney"...Oh F*ck off.
    She sounds so strange. Sounds, er, a tad special.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭mada999

This one is back. Exactly a year since it's last outing.
    And he's STILL planning to walk the Camino......:mad:

not the beard!!!!!!

1. ANY of those P&G ads..... rubbish...

2. any of those lame James bond leopardstown inn ones...did they mention the revolving cocktail bar?!?!

3. Zurich....mouth pieces..

4. It's a geie it e - panto..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Have to agree with the others. I think T&Cs fella is gas. :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

On a point of principle I will not patronise any business, product or service that is advertised by someone in an American accent.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Have to agree with the others. I think T&Cs fella is gas. :-D

I thought those ads were pretty original.

Nor will I attend any play or performance that is advertised through vox pops of people supposedly leaving the show and gushing about how brilliant it was and how we absolutely HAVE to see it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

"MY BREASTS JIM"

This post has been deleted.

I actually contacted them some time back to complain about it! I think the really awful one - doing the sex in the city take off - has been shelved. Their current ones aren't too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

There's another oh so funny, highly imaginative Ad running for something (?) at all hours of the day and featuring a 'cool' chick who refers to everybody 'chasing tail' - highly suitable material for advertising. Why does almost everything have to have sex brought into it these days?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chasing%20tail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

"Eurocycle , eurobaby , prices can't be bet" , simple and catchy , love it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Oops69 wrote: »

But so repetitive. I'm sick of them at this stage :( I notice they've dropped South William Street.

There's another oh so funny, highly imaginative Ad running for something (?) at all hours of the day and featuring a 'cool' chick who refers to everybody 'chasing tail' - highly suitable material for advertising. Why does almost everything have to have sex brought into it these days?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chasing%20tail

Sex sells or so they keep telling us

Trebor176 wrote: »
    But so repetitive. I'm sick of them at this stage :( I notice they've dropped South William Street.

Much too culchie for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Oops69 wrote: »
    By any chance, did you have anything to do with that atrocity of an ad? Everybody else who's ever mentioned it hates it.

pat the baker now has one of those smug little kids doing an atrocious ad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,654 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

pat the baker now has one of those smug little kids doing an atrocious ad

Heard that for the first time this morning - it's awful!

The only redeeming feature is that the voice is that of Martin from Moone Boy, which gave me a bit of a laugh - I hope they do a further series of it soon, I loved it!

But as for the ad - hope it has a VERY short shelf life.

"The hair she was famous for in secondary"....

"the dodgy fringe in leaving"....

every P&G product is the bee's knees and also light on your pocket...meh

gimme the rope

re: the Zurich ads... do we all get real poshy accents when we get over 50 years of age?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Lapin wrote: »
    How much does a 30 second ad slot cost on radio ?

I'm just wondering if anyone told Neil Diamond.

At the rate his ads are being aired he won't have much change left over after his gig.

he's coming back next year:(

so brace yourself for more neil diamond ads 24/7

aaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

anyone hear the farm safety ad?
    child saying a poem about plouging the ground with the father "but now you are under it dad, i feel so sad", just horrible. not upsetting, just depressingly dreadful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,873 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

fryup wrote: »
    he's coming back next year:(

They started this/last afternoon on Radio 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

fryup wrote: »

ahhhhhh-lliance insurance :mad::mad::mad:

The Danske Bank ad, with the woman talking a bunch of jargon. They could have gone the whole way and used normal English.

cactuspaw wrote: »
    anyone hear the farm safety ad?
    child saying a poem about plouging the ground with the father "but now you are under it dad, i feel so sad", just horrible. not upsetting, just depressingly dreadful.

Yeah, bit of a sh*t poem really. Thing that annoys me is the posh accent.
    It should be some culchie farmer from the midlands covered in sh*te doing that ad!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭FionnK86

The Eurocycles Eurobabys ad can't be bet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I'd box the loaf of that stupid kid on the Pat The Baker ad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The one for Leopardstown Inn and its' Christmas party, with an Elvis impersonator and a shockingly bad Michael Jackson impersonator.
    My God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I'd box the loaf of that stupid kid on the Pat The Baker ad...

I've just heard it. Dire stuff indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭nicedryturf

The ads for bill cullens new garage on the long mile road on Newstalk are the worst I've ever heard!!! Would actually put you off going in for a look!!

That ad has the office in knots when it comes on. Jackie's ridiculous over-the-top performance is unintentional comedy gold. I remember her having a go at university graduates a few months back. Presumably she feels the same about marketing people, script-writers and voice-actors.

I agree, the ad really makes their business look a bit crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

It's been on a while so I'm sure someone has mentioned it already but when is it a data protection breach to ask someone who their car is insured with?!

At first I thought it was a conversation between work colleagues but then they talk about saving money by using the one insurer and him taking herself out to dinner with the savings... Talk about all over the place!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement