Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Henry Ford once said......... and the Ad agency are so impressed with their clever discovery that there's a male and female version of it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,656 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    The ad for the flu vaccine with the two pensioners joking about the remote makes me me think the flu vaccine might cause brain damage.

The ad for the flu vaccine where yer man says he's going to ask his girlfriend to come along and hold his nuts :eek:

That's what it always sounds like to me anyhow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    The ad for the flu vaccine where yer man says he's going to ask his girlfriend to come along and hold his nuts :eek:

That's what it always sounds like to me anyhow!

The ad for the flu vaccine with the simpering mother to be and her widdle cutesy chat with her widdle baby gwowing inside her.

Feck it, all the flu vaccine adverts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Henry Ford once said......... and the Ad agency are so impressed with their clever discovery that there's a male and female version of it. :rolleyes:

I'm trying to find out (by not doing any searching at all, because it's entirely trivial and I can't be arsed) if old 'Enery ever actually said any such thing.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Did anyone hear the car insurance ad that has a really emotional husband and a wife saying I am thinking of leaving.. he makes a shocked noise but then she says I am leaving the car insurance company! The husband sounds all relieved! she goes on saying how much they will save. Then he replies “ just another reason to love you “ in a really soppy sad voice. This ad makes me really uncomfortable it’s almost like he is in awe or scared of his own wife

• Advertisement

jk23 wrote: »
    Did anyone hear the car insurance ad that has a really emotional husband and a wife saying I am thinking of leaving.. he makes a shocked noise but then she says I am leaving the car insurance company! The husband sounds all relieved! she goes on saying how much they will save. Then he replies “ just another reason to love you “ in a really soppy sad voice. This ad makes me really uncomfortable it’s almost like he is in awe or scared of his own wife

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104991319&postcount=8234

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Sorry I didn’t see that. Good to know more people don’t like it other than myself!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

I hope you enjoy my shoes....

Ah...ok...thanks :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 Gerard_David

The 'Mick's Garage' ads..

The 'Mick's Garage' ads..

I'm glad I haven't heard them, else it might put me off. As a fairly regular user of their business I'm quite happy to take advantage of the low-ish prices, but could easily be persuaded to look harder locally if the advertising gets on my wick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

There's a voiceover lady who does various types of ads and she has the strangest voice ever.

She sounds like she's smiling as she talks but she also pronounces things so weirdly.

She once did the Liffey Valley ad where she said something like: "Looking for that special dress or coash? Liffey Valley has the answer. Liffey Valley dosh eye eeeeeeee."

I don't know what she's advertising now but I heard her today. It really is the oddest voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,869 ✭✭✭statto25

As if one Panto ad as wasn't enough, Al Porter is peddling his panto on Today FM this morning and basically ripping off the Gaitey Ads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Microwave granny and the man from Wiltshire Farms made an unwelcome return this morning....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,874 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I like the one where the American commenters are covering a "hurdling" match. I think it's for Love Irish Food or something.

I like the one where the American commenters are covering a "hurdling" match. I think it's for Love Irish Food or something.

Yep, not getting sick of this one yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Maynooth University - seriously they all sound a bit (and this is not intended as an insult to people with mental disability) special needs. A weird halting speech mode.

I hear it as "hurtling"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Keith barry and his fcuking chips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,512 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Maynooth University - seriously they all sound a bit (and this is not intended as an insult to people with mental disability) special needs. A weird halting speech mode.

Our fellow human beings are variously described here as idiots, imbeciles and cretins so there is no need to hold back. And mockery of speech and accents is quite the norm as well.

The new Laya Healthcare Ad with a couple of eejits rolling down a hill - hilarious and pointless. They sound like they need to get back on their medication.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭tommytee

The new Laya Healthcare Ad with a couple of eejits rolling down a hill - hilarious and pointless. They sound like they need to get back on their medication.

Yeah makes me want to throw her down the hill :eek:

Just how much taxpayers money is squandered every year propping up private radio stations with inane advertising. The current one with some fool blowing up a balloon to illustrate stress for http://www.workpositive.ie/ a child of the HSE - a byword for waste - takes the ****ing biscuit. How much does this rubbish cost? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

The one for Spanish properties that were never built with FIVE different sound effects.

oh and those Tesco mobile ads *see you tomorrow, big man*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭denismc

The ad on TodayFM for the dating site "Koort Me" where the 2 girls are discussing this guy in a band.
    Their voices and accents are really jarring, if those 2 are representative of the females on the website then I'd say most guys would rather join the priests.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Ad on Newstalk today promoting a funeral home...
    Privileged oulwan with a marble in her mouth says:

"When we passed our old house, I thought of All the dinners Mum made for us."
    "When we passed the school gates, I thought of All the kisses Mum gave us"
    "And I thought how proud Mum would be that Barney's took this route to the graveyard"

Holy fukkin Jaysus

Ad on Newstalk today promoting a funeral home...
    Privileged oulwan with a marble in her mouth says:

"When we passed our old house, I thought of All the dinners Mum made for us."
    "When we passed the school gates, I thought of All the kisses Mum gave us"
    "And I thought how proud Mum would be that Barney's took this route to the graveyard"

Holy fukkin Jaysus

In fairness now, Newstalk look after you from the cradle to the grave - constant Ads for insurance, Beacon Medical Centre, Dental Implants, Bon Secours, Constipation, Chest Pains, Constant need to pee - we don't talk about it; Funerals 'should' you die....Live and Kicking with part-time Dr. Ciara Kelly..

EXPERT ELECTRICAL SOME CULCHIE SHOUTING 63 SHOPS NATIONWIDE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Birneybau wrote: »
    There's some woman doing the voiceover for, bizarrely, a range of different bathroom/tiling companies and her voice just makes me want to kill.

Just 5 minutes from the Walkinstown Royndaboush. Yuck.

Shes the ledivano Italiano furniture ad voice person too. I cannot figure out what she does with her voice, she also is in the funtasia ad, warbling about a hot tub.... Her voice makes me so so bloody irritated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

In fairness now, Newstalk look after you from the cradle to the grave - constant Ads for insurance, Beacon Medical Centre, Dental Implants, Bon Secours, Constipation, Chest Pains, Constant need to pee - we don't talk about it; Funerals 'should' you die....Live and Kicking with part-time Dr. Ciara Kelly..

Don't forget mental health, trusting Clonmel healthcare and the flu vaccine every 15 minutes.

• Advertisement

Ooh, an ad for dog poo awareness. I know, let's throw a song in on the end. :mad:

Also, these godamn Sky One ads. It's cr@p and has never made a decent show of it's own. The only things I watch on it are old school Simpsons episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

The reappearence of "Sparky, my faithful friend" ad - "woof-woof" - yes, sparky i'm taking very good care of you when i'm gone (i'm sending you to the vets to be put down) - "woof-woof" - yes sparky, i'm giving the crappy 11 year old yaris car to my brother and the house to my sister (must really hate the brother). Jesus wept, who wrote that tripe!

In fact there has been a sudden upsurge of "death ads" recently - ads asking us to donate to doggie charities when we pop our clogs, to remember the Anne Sullivan deaf and blind in our wills when we die, funeral homes, ads asking us to make a will and such. Do they know something we don't? Is this related to Donal Trump being president and the near future?

On the positive side - not a sign of the f*cking awful Meadows and Byrne autumn ad or have I spoken too soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

The ad for the arthritis cream with the annoying little bastard:

"Eh, that's my granny!" And the way he pronounces "doing a lap of honour".

dogmatix wrote: »
    The reappearence of "Sparky, my faithful friend" ad - "woof-woof" - yes, sparky i'm taking very good care of you when i'm gone (i'm sending you to the vets to be put down) - "woof-woof" - yes sparky, i'm giving the crappy 11 year old yaris car to my brother and the house to my sister (must really hate the brother). Jesus wept, who wrote that tripe!

In fact there has been a sudden upsurge of "death ads" recently - ads asking us to donate to doggie charities when we pop our clogs, to remember the Anne Sullivan deaf and blind in our wills when we die, funeral homes, ads asking us to make a will and such. Do they know something we don't? Is this related to Donal Trump being president and the near future?
    We're all getting older. Coffin ads are the next thing.
    On the positive side - not a sign of the f*cking awful Meadows and Byrne autumn ad or have I spoken too soon?
    I heard it last week, I'm utterly sure. Maybe it was an advert for woodstoves and mink drawers.

Jeeeeesus that ad is totaling wrecking my head !!!

I haven’t done this since I was “teeny tiny” .....what grown woman says that !!

Anyone else think it sounds very like Theresa Mannion..???.

Whoever is in charge of advertising in laya should be fired :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭plodder

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    We're all getting older. Coffin ads are the next thing.
    Or the latest thing from Scandinavia döstädning (death cleaning).

I can imagine the ads

"Hey Honey, did you call the death cleaners?
    I really want them in before I forget where we keep the cheque book"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

:mad:

There are really grown adults who go on like that , they usually have a baby and a toddler and live in a parallel peppa pig universe , how the annoying fcuks manage in the real world is beyond me .

Oops69 wrote: »
    :mad:

There are really grown adults who go on like that , they usually have a baby and a toddler and live in a parallel peppa pig universe , how the annoying fcuks manage in the real world is beyond me .

Really? rolling down hills, giggling all the way about how great their life is, how great Laya healthcare is...(& probably rolling over dog dirt on the way ) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,213 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The one at the moment with the crazy man who can hear his dog telling him to leave money in his will to a dogs trust.

He needs help.

Why does Sparky's owner talk to him in the voice of Santa Claus?

First time I heard that I was in the other room and couldn't make out what they were saying.

Sounded traumatic, I thought it was for domestic abuse or something.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

There's an ad on at the moment for a petshop with a mother and daughter getting a message from their dog spelled out in dog biscuits. I really like it and the little joke at the end works really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Alicano

Worst: Now that the Christmas ads are on repeat. hearing it on Newstalk. It's for some jewellery place. Voiceover guy ( who does most of the ads it seems). Has that fake vintage English accent.. something along the likes of "A story to be told.. A diamond to behold"... Ultimate cringe. Hit mute every time.

Alicano wrote: »
    Worst: Now that the Christmas ads are on repeat. hearing it on Newstalk. It's for some jewellery place. Voiceover guy ( who does most of the ads it seems). Has that fake vintage English accent.. something along the likes of "A story to be told.. A diamond to behold"... Ultimate cringe. Hit mute every time.

rhinestones.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭purcela

Same, awful ad. Though not as bad as Charles Tyrwhitt shirts, he said, I said, he said.

Mute button every time for both ads.

purcela wrote: »
    Same, awful ad. Though not as bad as Charles Tyrwhitt shirts, he said, I said, he said.

Mute button every time for both ads.

Makes me think of this every time https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourette_syndrome probably just my poor hearing though.

I've always liked that one...:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Great little shop, too!

Great little shop, too!

Aye, have bought trinkets for loved ones there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

There's a new ad for Hyundai and the way the woman in it pronounces Hyundai is frankly bizarre.

It's like "Haaaaiii-yuuuun-daaaaai" slowly dragged out for no reason.

I love that Rhinestones ad.

Don't know why. Every year for about 2 months before Christmas Newstalk play it every day. Always make me smile, even though I've heard it a million times.

Don't know why.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement