Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Have they changed the ad?? Heard two ads this morning for laya healthcare...both of which we're the adults now rolling down the hill (First time since since they were "teeny weeny"!!:rolleyes:) ...no sign of the rollercoaster!! Maybe they've pulled it because of complaints??
    Absolutely hate this. Again the disclaimer at the end of the ad, which is supposed to protect the customer, is completely taken as a joke. And as such, it does not meet it's legal obligation. What is the point in having this message at the end of the ad if it's delivered as a joke???!!! Who has made a complaint to the BAI and who do I mail.
    Please god the next episode of the ad has the four members of the family going over the edge of a f**king cliff.

Absolutely hate this. Again the disclaimer at the end of the ad, which is supposed to protect the customer, is completely taken as a joke. And as such, it does not meet it's legal obligation. What is the point in having this message at the end of the ad if it's delivered as a joke???!!! Who has made a complaint to the BAI and who do I mail.
    Please god the next episode of the ad has the four members of the family going over the edge of a f**king cliff.

I made the complaint .

Firstly you have to complain to whoever broadcasts the offending ad (Newstalk in this case), then to head of marketing in Laya then to the BAI. Newstalk replied saying there was nothing offensive in the ad.......but they haven’t played it today ! Result !

Fcuk them in Laya , I’m just so sick of their ads but this last screaming one is just taking piss! It hurts my ears to hear it .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Standing Bear

There's an Ad (?) running at the moment for an event to 'honour' those involved in some aspect of the finance sector. You couldn't make it up, honour people for doing their very well paid jobs - they should go the full hog and award DSOs or Purple Hearts. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

There's an Ad (?) running at the moment for an event to 'honour' those involved in some aspect of the finance sector. You couldn't make it up, honour people for doing their very well paid jobs - they should go the full hog and award DSOs or Purple Hearts. :rolleyes:

Oh I heard that yesterday. I simultaneously burst out laughing and puked in disgust.

It's a staggering, staggering piece of work. You sickening miserable dipsticks.

It's bad enough giving yourselves awards for doing a job that serves no one but yourselves (and that's what's happening here, make no mistake. Anyone who "wins" anything at that has paid thousands to enter), but to actually promote it using an ad on the radio?

Will there be awards for "Best profit to overseas owners taken from people struggling to make ends meet?" Maybe "Most disingenous ad campaign?" Or how about "Best taped conversation about knowingly using public finances to bail your greedy gambling arses out?"

Best shower of f*ckin pr*cks will be very hotly contested.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Don't sit on the fence, Donie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Don't sit on the fence, Donie!

Hmm. Maybe that's enough espresso for today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Oh I heard that yesterday. I simultaneously burst out laughing and puked in disgust.

It's a staggering, staggering piece of work. You sickening miserable dipsticks.

It's bad enough giving yourselves awards for doing a job that serves no one but yourselves (and that's what's happening here, make no mistake. Anyone who "wins" anything at that has paid thousands to enter), but to actually promote it using an ad on the radio?

Will there be awards for "Best profit to overseas owners taken from people struggling to make ends meet?" Maybe "Most disingenous ad campaign?" Or how about "Best taped conversation about knowingly using public finances to bail your greedy gambling arses out?"

Best shower of f*ckin pr*cks will be very hotly contested.

It's that awful voiced woman that also does Tesco Mobile and Emirates Airways. Awful, awful voice.

I do have to laugh when she mentions some company "Queefa"or whatever in that self-back-slapping ad.

Seems like they got Jamie Heaslip to re-record that ad for Urban Volt (?). He was a bit too casual with take one.

Oh and that stupid ad for the Lotto, where the "guy from the island is ringing in". He states at the start that they need emergency supplies URGENTLY. Then when asked about what they need, he says "ah no, just a few t-bags and crisps". He should be arrested for wasting the time of the emergency services.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

2 ads on at the moment that I really hate.

Neopost guy having nightmares about post being delivered to the wrong people etc. It's like he's having a nightmare in bullet points. So f**king stupid.

Some food delivery ad where a delivery guy is telling an auld one about the food he has for her, and she wants bread and butter pudding because she hasn't had it in years. Bread, butter sultanas, milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla - make it yourself in 10 minutes, it's not hard! He's a bit creepy too - seems to know a lot about her. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,779 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

There's some new ad for The Gaiety where the narrator just goes "Boooo!!" all the time.
    Apparently it's a hilarious comedy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Oh and that stupid ad for the Lotto, where the "guy from the island is ringing in". He states at the start that they need emergency supplies URGENTLY. Then when asked about what they need, he says "ah no, just a few t-bags and crisps". He should be arrested for wasting the time of the emergency services.

That’ll be Dònal, the life and soul of the party.

Needs a brogue shoe buried up his hoop.

Might take that smug attitude down a piece.:mad:

If/when I win the Euromillions I'm staging a violent coup on the 'island'. Donal is first against the wall.

Birneybau wrote: »
    If/when I win the Euromillions I'm staging a violent coup on the 'island'. Donal is first against the wall.

Dead right, his frikken tea bags will be no good in that event.

AT EXPERT ELECTRICAL YOU'LL MEET ME, THE BIGGEST BOGGER IN THE COUNTRY, WITH MY BIG MEGAPHONE GOB

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Agrian Brian

AT EXPERT ELECTRICAL YOU'LL MEET ME, THE BIGGEST BOGGER IN THE COUNTRY, WITH MY BIG MEGAPHONE GOB

Gay Byrne would go mental at his use of the "silent t"! :)

It's like, aren't we Irish great and all ha ha..:( And you actually pay heed initially because it sounds like a serious advert!

I'm sure "Lady Bird" is a joyous, life affirming film and all.... however hearing that precocious teen on heavy repeat does wear a little...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

The three most irritating ads at the moment, imo:

The electricity supplier with his "smorter" pronunciation

Car insurance ad with the wimpy guy ..."But I just got your name tattooed...."

Worst of all: Jamie Heaslip with his "am I Irish or american" pronunciation of the word "lighting" with the silent T.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

If you are reading this Laya Healthcare, you are horrible and nobody will buy your products until you kill those ads of yours with fire!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Trekker09

CUCINA wrote: »

Was going to post this one. Yet another anti male put down. If the gender roles were reversed there would be (quite rightly) loads of complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

the ulster bank with them rolling down the hill stfu for the love of god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

The advertising team on Radio 1 are obviously off for the long weekend because I've heard The Fiver Friday ad numerous times today.

CUCINA wrote: »
    The three most irritating ads at the moment, imo:

The electricity supplier with his "smorter" pronunciation

Worst of all: Jamie Heaslip with his "am I Irish or american" pronunciation of the word "lighting" with the silent T.

With you there C

If I had my way I would run a hydraulic jack up that bints klopper and leave it there, the CAAAAAAHRRR insurance bint.

Might shake her up a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Some hotel offering rates for Easter Mid-Term? What ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 purple_432

There was an ad about 2 years ago which had an auld one talking to her grandson(I think) but it was just her speaking. Her dialogue included, ''our wonderful you''. I can't recall what the ad was for but it did my nut in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 purple_432

Oh and that one for Ulster Bank where they are supposedly in one of those large balls that you're pushed down a hill in.. irritating is an understatement..

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭GFish

The RSA ad on radio:

"....you cannot predict what a cyc-A-list is going to do ...."

I know I'm late and it has now been fixed but the cyc-A-list is still stuck in my brain everytime I hear the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭GFish

"... life is for - giggles - living ...
    blah - giggle - blah ... more giggles ...
    LAYA healthcare ... blah "

Thinking about changing my health insurer because my blood pressure always spike when I hear that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,779 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Some other insurance company now have a taking dog driving a car.

WTF??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭plodder

WTF??

No, he's not driving the car, but he does have a license :)

I like that ad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

GFish wrote: »
    The RSA ad on radio:

"....you cannot predict what a cyc-A-list is going to do ...."

I know I'm late and it has now been fixed but the cyc-A-list is still stuck in my brain everytime I hear the ad.

Yes – my current bad ad – “you can’t predict the future” etc… ?

He says “finishing peoples…”
    Her “…sentences”
    Him “noooo…”

I mean WTF is that about? Weird or what. Perhaps it is a straight copy from a TV ad where the last line made some sort of sense?

WTF??

I like that dog, fcuker has attitude, like that in a dog, me.

Rick O'Shea just CAN'T believe the price of a Seat Atheca.

That god awful AIB ad is back – the one where shell fish collectors are the “last of the hunter gatherers”. And the ad is filled with every biz speak cliché like “stay hungry”, “build the dream”, “reach for the dream or similar” – all to the back drop of an over the top ominous Michael Bay cinema score. And finishing with their ongoing mauling of the English language – “AIB – backing brave”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Expunge

Is he still the "Brand Ambassador" for Seat? Do they not want to sell cars?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

theres to many of those type of ads on now with the voice over getting a shock at the price or product been promoted (in fact theres just too many ads on the radio.)

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dr_serious2

Energia's CD SHACK IS NOT A CLEVER BUSINESS ad.

'some people say CDs are dead, I say go on outta that. Just last week I sold two Kenny Rogers and a Beyconce to a lad in an old car. FABILOUS.'

Infuriating.

'some people say CDs are dead, I say go on outta that. Just last week I sold two Kenny Rogers and a Beyconce to a lad in an old car. FABILOUS.'

Infuriating.

No, actually , eye opening, to think there might be fcukers like that still out there.

:eek:

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I find that ad jarring just because it's obvious that the original script was probably funny enough but the clipboard people had to edit it out...

If the line was "just last week I sold 2 Kenny Rogers and a Bey-ONCE to a lad in a '92 Integra" it would make more sense and you'd get a laugh but "old car" makes no sense at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

This is a message from DNA security. If you do not get your electric gates serviced by us they will kill someone and you will go to jail.

Infuriating.

I think it's funny. And his pronunciation of Beyonse.

No, actually , eye opening, to think there might be fcukers like that still out there.

:eek:

Not sure if serious...

Infuriating.

I like this one, makes me smile. The energia ads are by and large quite good. There is another one in the series - "sun-fun ireland" whioch I like too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭plodder

neris wrote: »
    theres to many of those type of ads on now with the voice over getting a shock at the price or product been promoted (in fact theres just too many ads on the radio.)
    and the producer or sound engineer who puts them right and says "carry on please" in an irritated tone. The idea is fairly jaded at this stage.

One I like, is the woman who tells her phone to call her son Ross, but ends up calling her boss, and can't think what to say ...

"Don't be late, big boy!" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I'm sure this ad has been mentioned before.

But my God, that Equi-pet ad pisses me off no end.

Why is the woman looking for the dog to play another song on the piano, but yet she is not impressed at all by the fact her dog CAN TALK.

To add insult the injury, the voice over of the dog is done with that wanky Mid-Atlantic/D4 accent. Hateful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Haven't heard the Laya Health rollercoaster ad (on Today FM at least) since people on here mentioned making complaints. Looks like they got the message! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Aw man Mary from Budapest dental is back😡

Haven't heard the Laya Health rollercoaster ad (on Today FM at least) since people on here mentioned making complaints. Looks like they got the message! :D

Yay! I'll take the credit for that :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,943 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Aw man Mary from Budapest dental is back��

Gnash for Cash!
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

That stupid ad that promises no Easter puns and goes on to say 4 puns, three of which are to do with the word egg... "doh"

Laziest and most annoying ad ever. Don't even know what it's for cos I just turn it off when it comes on.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement