Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Someone should make an ad where the woman is portrayed as the stupid one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Someone should make an ad where the woman is portrayed as the stupid one.

Like they did in the '30s, '40s, '50s, '60s and '70s?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Nedington

Any comedian ad where they telling "jokes" complete with audience laughter. Kevin bridges one is the latest one I hear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Based on that Kevin Bridges ad, I think I'd spend most of that gig nudging the person beside me and asking "What did he just say?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Yeah sorry I forgot it's not about equality it's about men being thick cünts all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,751 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Del.Monte wrote: »
    The new emasculated wimp/man but I just had your name tattooed on my arse. Teeth grinding stuff.

That gimp must be the most hated slack balled goon in Ireland, followed by the
    “Get in Axa” douche bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

“Get in Axa” douche bag.
    Not forgetting the “bring it down then” gob****e.

jca wrote: »
    Not forgetting the “bring it down then” gob****e.

It’s the same bell whiff ,jca, good call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Yes, but anybody with an ounce of comprehension gritted their teeth at those, too. The advertising industry was, and still is, a disgrace for firstly perpetuating stereotypes and now trying to create them to shift more product.
    I suppose it would be too much to expect some ethics in advertising.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Ethics in advertising. A totally brand new concept brought to to you courtesy of the Boards.ie Radio forum.

Hopefully, this will take on a global scale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

“Get in Axa” douche bag.

Some other irritating radio ad gimp contenders:
    1. That bloke from the Bord Gais ad's.
    2. The bloke goat from Bothar (although he is just a seasonal irritant).

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭jones 19

dogmatix wrote: »
    Some other irritating radio ad gimp contenders:
    1. That bloke from the Bord Gais ad's.
    2. The bloke goat from Bothar (although he is just a seasonal irritant).

That goat sounds like a bad Roy akeane impersonation

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭rodders999

jones 19 wrote: »
    That goat sounds like a bad Roy akeane impersonation

Are you Italian?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

The Toyota Hybrid ad... 'I bring my kids to school' (or something like that) in the most doom laden tones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

SirChenjin wrote: »
    The Toyota Hybrid ad... 'I bring my kids to school' (or something like that) in the most doom laden tones.

I hate that ad! 'As a mother..' Oh feic off will ya, You're not some special snowflake just cos you have some kids :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭ollaetta

An attempt at being overly sexy are these Hyundai ads. I can't stand how everything is over exaggerated to sound alluring and sensual

Every shagging morning after the weather slot on RTE! "Discover why". Sorry, but discover what why? Why you're such an annoying twat with your faux sexy voice probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Don't ask me what it's for but the one where the couple are talking and it goes something like this:

'It's something....definitely to...'
    And then the foreign fella says '...definitely SOMETHING to consider'
    And the woman goes: 'Well NOT to consider, to actually.....do. Because it's what you do for one another'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

I hate that ad! 'As a mother..' Oh feic off will ya, You're not some special snowflake just cos you have some kids :rolleyes:

And it's as if it is some heroic deed she has done, then we discover, she brings them to school. Ok then... :confused:
    Very stupid ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

ollaetta wrote: »
    Every shagging morning after the weather slot on RTE! "Discover why". Sorry, but discover what why? Why you're such an annoying twat with your faux sexy voice probably.

Discover why feck all is covered in their ultra long guarantee....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,043 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

fussyonion wrote: »
    Don't ask me what it's for but the one where the couple are talking and it goes something like this:

'It's something....definitely to...'
    And then the foreign fella says '...definitely SOMETHING to consider'
    And the woman goes: 'Well NOT to consider, to actually.....do. Because it's what you do for one another'.

I think that might be a life assurance one?

cos they love each other so much they want to look after each other you see;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

NIMAN wrote: »
    I think that might be a life assurance one?

cos they love each other so much they want to look after each other you see;)

I didn't think there was a foreigner in the Ad - just a pair of gob****es who 'aren't in that place, keep going, keep going'....another appalling , parasitic Ad preying on people's fears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

No matter how low we have the radio on in the background at work one thing always gets through, that bloody McDonald's whistle jingle. Hate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I don't know if it's because I'm listening more and more to podcasts, and watching BBC & Netflix more than the other sh*te (RTE being the only exception), but I can't tolerate ads at all anymore.

I used to have Newstalk on all day, now it's Pat Kenny and Moncrieff and almost nothing else.

How many minutes of every day did I spend listening to ads for cars and health insurance?

Really, if there's 3 mins of ads every 15 mins, and let's say one of those is for Toyotas or BMWs that I will never, ever buy (I'm certainly not going to be convinced by a depressingly condescending radio ad), that's 4 mins per hour, or almost an hour a day if you leave it on till after OTB, just on cars. An another hour on f*ckin Laya healthcare.

That's intolerable nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I don't know if it's because I'm listening more and more to podcasts, and watching BBC & Netflix more than the other sh*te (RTE being the only exception), but I can't tolerate ads at all anymore.

I used to have Newstalk on all day, now it's Pat Kenny and Moncrieff and almost nothing else.

How many minutes of every day did I spend listening to ads for cars and health insurance?

Really, if there's 3 mins of ads every 15 mins, and let's say one of those is for Toyotas or BMWs that I will never, ever buy (I'm certainly not going to be convinced by a depressingly condescending radio ad), that's 4 mins per hour, or almost an hour a day if you leave it on till after OTB, just on cars. An another hour on f*ckin Laya healthcare.

That's intolerable nonsense.

Listening to too much trash radio (incl.Ads) is like any other addiction/habit and when given up we wonder why we ever did it. Like I've said before, back in the day RTE's morning newshow was done and dusted in less than ten minutes including 'what it says in the papers' and the weather forecast - were we any worse off? Now RTE and Newstalk drag it out for a full two hours (!) of sexual chemistry, inane banter and little of genuine newsworthiness.

Sorry for going off topic. :(

There is an ad for Dacia which seems to be on during every ad break on Newstalk.

Dacia terrible ad. Tee Hee. :rolleyes:

Feckin Laya are back !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Mr E wrote: »
    There is an ad for Dacia which seems to be on during every ad break on Newstalk.

Dacia terrible ad. Tee Hee. :rolleyes:

It's Christmas cracker joke material.

They must have given the contract to a 6 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭rodders999

There are a few different ads on local Cork stations that have English voice over artists who pronounce Cork as Coke - so such and such is Coke's most popular destination for whatever.

DRIVES ME INSANE.

rodders999 wrote: »
    There are a few different ads on local Cork stations that have English voice over artists who pronounce Cork as Coke - so such and such is Coke's most popular destination for whatever.

DRIVES ME INSANE.

As opposed to the current effort’ Koe- erk ‘

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

As opposed to the current effort’ Koe- erk ‘

Or “Quirke”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Copper Face Jacks....The Musical!

Jesus Christ

Toyota Hybrid Ad:

"I'm driving my kids to school every morning knowing that I'm making a difference to their future"

Making them lazy and dependant? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭theyoungchap

Feckin Laya are back !

The jumping on the trampoline ad? I turn off the radio when I hear it.

At least the annoying AJ products one is gone......finally. I will kill the closest person to me if I hear it again.

statto25 wrote: »

Jesus Christ

Just heard it. The song snippet in the background sounds dire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

that little nordie young lad with marbles in his mouth doing the perfume shop ad...

you can only understand about 3 words... I still don't understand the name of the lacoste aftershave, even the editing is brutal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭theyoungchap

Oh and curly pieces world.....I have deliberately stopped shopping in Curry's PC World in protest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Oh and curly pieces world.....I have deliberately stopped shopping in Curry's PC World in protest.

I haven't gone that far, but I turn off my radio every time I hear it.

I think it's the only ad I've ever had to do that for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

statto25 wrote: »

Jesus Christ

Paul Howard has a neck like a jockey's proverbials.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

dvcireland wrote: »
    Paul Howard has a neck like a jockey's proverbials.

This will bomb......confident prediction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Kalimah

There's an ad on from time to time on Sunshine for a slot machine place I think in Dublin. Jowann is asking Berniee ( I think that's her name) is she going away. Yeah says yer wan. Vegas for the show wes and de slots. It's dreadful. Worst take off of a howya Dub accent ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭GFish

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Don't go back to all day Newstalk.

Now it has 2 hours - yep, two whole prime-time hours of Ciara Kelly whining with that really irritating vocal cadence. She was very good in the GP slot before Hook clumsily stepped on a landmine.

I listen to PK until 12 then I listen to something else until her show is over.
    Moncrieff is radio chewing gum but rarely more than that.

PK persuaded me to 'Move the dial' and now CK is making me move it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Did anyone hear that ad it's like childern rapping about drinking more milk, I almost ended up kicking the radio out the window

The new one about disposable coffee cups, smart woman vs. sleazy sounding man... thinly veiled 'Don't be (a) Dick'.

Jesus.

Yeah that's not good. Awful ad.

Copperface Jacks is the first one in a while that makes me change radio station.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

The ad for Chill insurance, yer wan doing it has the most annoying shrill voice.

• Advertisement

The Joe Duffy soundalike from Foot Solutions.

The Joe Duffy soundalike from Foot Solutions.

I heard the fuhhrker, back playing squash!!

Complete pisshead, in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

The new one about disposable coffee cups, smart woman vs. sleazy sounding man... thinly veiled 'Don't be (a) Dick'.

Jesus.

Just heard this. Talk about setting the campaign around disposable coffee cups back..
    About as subtle as a brick...Who the hell comes up with this crap..?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

The plastic industry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Did anyone hear that ad it's like childern rapping about drinking more milk, I almost ended up kicking the radio out the window

Drink miiiiiiiilk, drink miiiiiiiiiilk! :pac:

There's been a lot of ads on both TV & radio about milk lately. The rise of Almond/Coconut milk etc must have the milk industry pretty shook.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement