Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭sickpuppy32

bohsboy wrote: »
    "I'm eating a bun...", :confused: eat up you prat, it's full of arsenic.

it is a good website though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭sickpuppy32

Auvers wrote: »
    The worst ever is that fcuking UPC ad where they sing by adding four arrrghhhhh

oh yeah those Kenko ads with that stupid bitch with the most annoying voice I have ever heard

i actually change stations when i hear that UPC ad - my vote for most annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Echelle

Yep the coffee ads are getting worse by the day but definitely the Irish Times radio ad for their new web site is apallingly bad, so bad I change station every time I hear it. And this is my point: I am surely not the only one who does this, thus depriving the advertisers of the ads to follow of a lot of listeners.I wonder have the ad agencies factored this into account when negotiating air time.
    Anyway.the Irish Times is going downhill rapidly, the engagement notices even featured the engagement of a guy called "Wayne"( first name) yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Those suzuki ads are annoying the s**t out of me now. I know when I hear that wench shout "YESSSSS!", I can expect to hear it 4 times in 60 seconds, so I change station.

I feel sorry for the legit advertisers who are competing with (and losing potential listeners because of) that annoying bitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

the old one on western and gardner electrical ad is very annoying..who ever let her near a mic should be shot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Geraldine from Westin Gardner? Nah, she's a class act. The classical music in the background, the laboured upper class accent, it's like a blast from the past. I love her...
    Those Kenco ads are unbelievable. Not an ounce of wit to them. If it wasn't for the melliflous tones of Don Warrington, I'd switch off the radio.
    While I'm here, there's some car ad that features a mock news bulletin. It's drivel, with the hysterical female anchor telling her colleague Kent Believit that she's 'a woman with NEEDS'... My question is, midway thru the ad, after she hands over to him, it sounds like Kent murmurs, 'Nice bush'...
    wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

We're coming up to a bank holiday (2 weeks is it? Pleeeeeeeeeeease let it be only 2 weeks away!!!) so Deirdre thingy and her Costcutter ads are bound to be back, her spending her weekend in Costcutter, me going out of my way to avoid Costcutter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

Pgibson wrote: »
    Has anybody noticed how many times English accents are used for Irish companies.

I have never heard a radio ad for an Irish bank or financial institution which uses an Irish accent.

Always an upper class English accent.

"Irish inferiority complex".

Also, Japanese car companies always use American voiceovers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Geraldine from Westin Gardner? Nah, she's a class act. The classical music in the background, the laboured upper class accent, it's like a blast from the past. I love her...

The only problem is, when I hear that music (it's one of Bach's Brandenburg Concertos) I keep thinking about fridges and cookers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

What is it with the Meteor ads and "Schwaaa". WTF is Schwaaa, anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

jor el wrote: »
    What is it with the Meteor ads and "Schwaaa". WTF is Schwaaa, anyway?

One of the most annoying ads of late, but if they want to give me even more for free I wont complain!

The guy who is being offered the offer in the ad is a useless actor though. Put a bit of effort into the ad man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Oh moy gawd...I loike totally can't concentrate with the smell of Denny Gold medal sausages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

this week i am mostly hating the bloody 'sting' jingle on Today fm for that bread manufacturer; "enjoy our bread love our toastie"

would you ever f*ck the f*ck off with your 'love our toastie...':mad:

Now playing: Barenaked Ladies - Get In Line
    via FoxyTunes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Discount Electrical - annoying menopausal wench craps on about yet another set of price reductions while almost as annoying classical music plays in the background.

Shoot me now.

Nightwish wrote: »
    Oh moy gawd...I loike totally can't concentrate with the smell of Denny Gold medal sausages.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Lucky me I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Its on Beat 102 103 about 20 times a day.

Yeah, like since when have there been D4 players at Wimbledon?

Its on Beat 102 103 about 20 times a day.

Ah. I used to listen to that on the 'net, but there was one DJ who's voice annoyed me, so I stopped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Has anyone heard the ad for the Bagel house/shop? Mother of God it wojuss muck. Some sort of Sex in the city rip off with references to shoes and fashion by some silly bint doing a bloody awful NY accent.

It would make baby Jesus cry its that bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Oh ya and as for that Denny Gold medal sausage ad. I bleed from every orifice when i hear that funkin twat on about the smell of them putting her off. Maybe its the putrid Killybegs smell from you minge thats putting you off. Die festering beeatch, DIE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

chill.ie- we put annoying kid on with smug, irritating voice to make our customers feel stupid. So easy even a kid could do it?? go to hell :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Before and after the weather on 2fm, Denny, the sausage merchants have been annoying me with something along the lines of:

It's pissin rain, time to strap on the surf boards and head to the beach.

it's pissin rain time to check the weather and go surfing

it's pissin rain, time to get the family and the surf boards and eat rashers

surfing seems to feature heavily in the ads, is there some connection between rashers and surfing that I've missed?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Merged with the Worst/Best Radio ads thread, where I believe they have already been discussed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 TheOtherDave

I have to drive thru Mayo with work, Mid-west radio ad's are the hammiest ever :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

bohsboy wrote: »
    "I'm eating a bun...", :confused: eat up you prat, it's full of arsenic.

God i fell around the place laughing when i read that.you really bring out the hatred for that guy, and I agree I hate his voice for this ad and the fifty other ads he is doing at the moment.Weird how ad voices seems to go through a trend,lisps in peoples voices seem to be the thing now.

....Anyways, I absolutely love the French horse for the Galway races,giving out about how he's not getting any attention "all you people haveeng ze cyaic at ze guinneess stand wiz smiles all ovure yor faceez".French accent is so perfect.v funny.makes me laugh

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Before and after the weather on 2fm, Denny, the sausage merchants have been annoying me with something along the lines of:

It's pissin rain, time to strap on the surf boards and head to the beach.

it's pissin rain time to check the weather and go surfing

it's pissin rain, time to get the family and the surf boards and eat rashers

surfing seems to feature heavily in the ads, is there some connection between rashers and surfing that I've missed?
    I asked the same question "wtf do Denny have to do with surfing?" Looked it up and I think they sponsor some surfing competition.

There is an ad for insurance where the guy is speaking normally for most of the ad, but starts shouting at the end. Shut the f**k up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

That Marion Keyes Fujifilm Add is the worst on the Radio at the moment. Fukking head wreaking. "I'm Marion Keys, I wrote six thousand books" So Fukking what. "Drop in and tell them Marion set you" For what? they still charge you the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

There's one at the moment as well with a p!ss poor Eddie Hobbs impersonation. Think it's for the Jack and Jill Foundation.

• Advertisement

That Marion Keyes Fujifilm Add is the worst on the Radio at the moment. Fukking head wreaking. "I'm Marion Keys, I wrote six thousand books" So Fukking what. "Drop in and tell them Marion set you" For what? they still charge you the same.

A certain daytime DJ sent Anne Gleason into a Fuji shop to tell the manager that Marion sent her. The manager hadn't a bog notion what she was on about. Stupid ad of the highest order. What exactly are they supposed to do if they know Marion sent you? Do you get free photos or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

The amateur ads on local stations such as Mid-West here in Mayo are in a category of thie own. Heres an example of the dialouge from one....

Woman: Theres a sale on at....
    Man:Come down off the roof Mrs O Flaherthy!
    Woman: I cant come down Guard until I finish telling everybody about the sale at (INSERT CRAP SHOP HERE). They have up to 50% off and.....

NEED WE HEAR MORE OF THIS DRIVEL?

Ironically the one thing I dont recall is the name of the shop which shows the ad doesnt work.

I also heard one where they only hired one voice actor for two parts-it sounded like a schizophrenic talking to their alter-ego.

Deirdre O'Kane is back with another shouty-shouty Costcutters ad.... shut up, woman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Mr E wrote: »
    Deirdre O'Kane is back with another shouty-shouty Costcutters ad.... shut up, woman!
    That's what happens when you up-sticks with your family, try to crack Hollywood and end up failing miserably on your 40-something unfunny ass.

She's like the new Twink, except she doesn't do panto...yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭abitlonely

Some hore 'Now that is what I call a cab company' or something. stfu!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I heard my first Christmas ad on Newstalk over the weekend. Think it was for capital bars in Dublin...about booking your party for Christmas...

Bah humbug!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

"We women have a load of different voices, like the one we use to address our husbands - at what time d'ya call this?"

Time to tell her to sod off where we'll never hear her again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Fauldy Banny

"We women have a load of different voices, like the one we use to address our husbands - at what time d'ya call this?"

I disagree. Although the add is a bit of a pain in the arse I like her and I think some of the things posted here are a bit unfair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭Pgibson

I think some of the things posted here are a bit unfair.

Especially your name Fauldy Banny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

if you're having problems remembering the topic of the thread, remember it's right up there at the top of the page :)

thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

....Anyways, I absolutely love the French horse for the Galway races,giving out about how he's not getting any attention "all you people haveeng ze cyaic at ze guinneess stand wiz smiles all ovure yor faceez".French accent is so perfect.v funny.makes me laugh

I love this ad too, although not too sure about the follow up, playing this week. It would have been better just to leave it at one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

There's a new ad with Mary Coughlan in it, doing a Deirdre O'Kane style shout the whole way through. I don't kow what the ad is for, but I know now to switch off the radio while it's on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

And theres the eircom ones going on at the mo,with the jail birds saying how great eircom phone watch is.Think Joe Rooney does one of them which isn't the worst,but the other guy has the personality of a soggy plank,holding my concentration for nanoseconds.Although he is in jail,poor sod

And they're still banging on about the Bank Holiday. That was 3 days ago, idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Paidraig Harringtons flora pro-active challenge is getting very irritating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Paidraig Harringtons flora pro-active challenge is getting very irritating.

Absolutely :pac:

That guy has a very irritating manner of speech...stick to the golf instead of the voiceovers...

Does anyone know exactly what Des Bishop is saying on his ad for those Samsung phones? My irish is passable, but I haven't a clue what he's saying.

I also think its obvious he is reading that last line he says. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Amz wrote: »
    There's a new ad with Mary Coughlan in it,

It's bad enough to listen to her singing the odd, very odd time, she's played on radio. What daft idiot thought that she would make a radio advert sound good.
    + 1 --- a real turn off. :mad:

She's worse than that guy that does Harvey Norman. So that would make her the lowest of the low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Mary coughlan ad is a headwrecker as is the one where the women says " we women have many voices" argghhhhhh

Who the F--K is the guy from "door store", trying to sound like Harvey Norman ?.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement