Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Macdarack wrote: »
    That pink run ad, it's awful, I've pulled my car over to comment! Is he purposely trying to sound like Shirley temple bar. Cringe.
    Theres another one and he's singing to the tune of "head shoulders knees and toes" jesus Christ it's cat.

"head to NI climbing frames"
    Awful, just awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

The ad where a father discovers his daughter has started smoking.

Calm down man ! Its not like you murdered her !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

DAY FACTO shaving !

Who is that guy ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

5555555555 wrote: »
    The ad where a father discovers his daughter has started smoking.

Calm down man ! Its not like you murdered her !!!!

And your wan that has to endure a transatlantic flight without a fag break. Spare me.

The My taxi/Free now ad is starting to get on my tits.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I can't wait to see the spike in fare dodging caused by that stupid name change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

"I thought you said you were free now"
    Almost as stupid as the diet 7up changing to 7up free.

carq wrote: »
    DAY FACTO shaving !

Who is that guy ?

A raving jaysus bollix with very dubious claims about his product.

A raving jaysus bollix with very dubious claims about his product.

And paraphrasing Gilette's slogan at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

The GAA ad with the young kid saying

"my daddy said the GAA is in our DNA" :rolleyes:

so whats that trying to suggest if you're not into GAA you're not truly irish??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

fryup wrote: »
    The GAA ad with the young kid saying

"my daddy said the GAA is in our DNA" :rolleyes:

so whats that trying to suggest if you're not into GAA you're not truly irish??

Maybe the kid's Ma was a bit overfriendly with a hurling star? :D
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Wok of Cashel actually sounds better than the Rock of Cashel.

Does that Aquazone lady talk like that in real life? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

the copperface jacks the musical ad has been updated...this time it's longer :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭plodder

Mr E wrote: »
    Does that Aquazone lady talk like that in real life? :)
    That must take the award for unintentionally funniest ad of the moment. She is trying so hard to keep the pitch high, to sound like a child I presume, but she just loses it a couple of times and seems to give up at the end.

plodder wrote: »
    That must take the award for unintentionally funniest ad of the moment. She is trying so hard to keep the pitch high, to sound like a child I presume, but she just loses it a couple of times and seems to give up at the end.

She's supposedly a frog judging by the intro... rather like that new Galway Races themed filling station ad with a man posing as a horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is that actor Brian Cox doing the virgin media ads??

Another entry for a Paddy voiceover doing a dodgy foreign accent.

The latest Moretti ad goes from "Italian" to Irish to something like Sesame Street's Count Von Count.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Is Deirdre O'Kane actually having a stroke during that latest Appliances Delivered ad?

At this stage I don't know whether to just turn off the radio (as normal) or ring for an ambulance for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Is Deirdre O'Kane actually having a stroke during that latest Appliances Delivered ad?

At this stage I don't know whether to just turn off the radio (as normal) or ring for an ambulance for her.

Any brand that hires her to do their ads should be subject to public boycott.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Pineapple1

I know this is a thread for radio ads but sweet suffering jesus everytime I turn my TV on I see Dermot Bannon's smug face on that Vodafone ad helping the young wan baking in the kitchen. Its the part where he stares down at ya smiling smugly before preceeding to pop a glace cherry into his gob, definition of annoying man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭QueensGael

"Are ya goin' to de flahhhhhh?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Turn off the radio is a fairly mild reaction. I want to beat mine with a club whenever she starts.

"And when all those half priced tables and chairs are gone, they're really gone".

How many years are they going to keep delivering this same stupid cliché. I think at least for the mental health of the voiceover guy, they should move to a different advertising slogan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭plodder

QueensGael wrote: »
    "Are ya goin' to de flahhhhhh?"
    I have an image of this crazy person following you around:

"Are ye goin' to the fleadh?

Are ye goin' to Drogheda?

Are ye goin' to the fleadh ...."

"And when all those half priced tables and chairs are gone, they're really gone".

How many years are they going to keep delivering this same stupid cliché. I think at least for the mental health of the voiceover guy, they should move to a different advertising slogan.

Marketing by repetition. It works - you're talking about it! :)

Mr E wrote: »
    Marketing by repetition. It works - you're talking about it! :)

Any ad that annoys me I make a pledge never to buy from the company, so no, it doesn't work. And when the last of the customers is gone they are really gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

N. I. Climbing frames ad is back after a 2 week lay off, I worry for others on this thread as no one else has mentioned it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,972 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Not a complaint, but the ad for Vodafone gigabit broadband. The guy endorsing the product has such a low voice it sounds like it’s one of those voice camouflage applications you hear on crime watch :):):)

Most annoying thing about that is his endorsement that it used to take 1.5 hours to upload images for an auction and now it only takes seconds which means it gives them more time to get on with important things that need doing.

'.......... you didn't have to sit there while they were being uploaded you know'

Macdarack wrote: »
    N. I. Climbing frames ad is back after a 2 week lay off, I worry for others on this thread as no one else has mentioned it.

Mentioned a few posts back.
    Awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

"Sand, blah blah blah..."

Took me a moment to realise she was talking about sound.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    "Sand, blah blah blah..."

Took me a moment to realise she was talking about sound.

I'm not alone so. I thought at first it was a the usual D.4 type of accent twist, y'know, like the 'smort' ESB guy.

Then I thought- is that done on purpose? People are thinking 'jaysus, she's talking about sound, I thought she said sand. My hearing is shot. Must get my ass down to specsavers for a hearing aid'. Sneaky feckers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

The ad for Hot Press, voiced by one of their writers, Roisin. She's back. I haven't heard her in any of their ads in a long time.
    And her voice still wrecks my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    I'm not alone so. I thought at first it was a the usual D.4 type of accent twist, y'know, like the 'smort' ESB guy.

Then I thought- is that done on purpose? People are thinking 'jaysus, she's talking about sound, I thought she said sand. My hearing is shot. Must get my ass down to specsavers for a hearing aid'. Sneaky feckers.

I'm another who thought it was sand until today :o Assumed it was some kind of quirky idea...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

The ad for Clayton Hotels.

What's up with yer mans accent ?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

I don't mind her at all 8n interviews or stand-up but I actually chance station if I come across her ads

There is an horrific add out there with some guy who sounds like Leo (to me anyway) in which he wont take the offer the woman is offering and insists on bartering. Another switch over ad

As soon as I hear the "Du du du du...." music at the start of the appliances delivered ad, I change the station before Deirdre starts tallking.

The only other ad at the moment that makes me change station is the Specsavers guy stripping to pay for his eye test. Who comes up with these ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭QueensGael

The ad for the Bjork gig, and months yet to run :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

Don't give a fcuk if its pronounced Britton or Britain insurance, neither should ye, just focus on getting customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Gummy Bears:mad:

Oh Jesus yes. Made on a budget.

Who actually buys kids sweets from a chemists anyway? Grandparents?

That Doc Brown (Back to the Future) impression is awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

The ads for electric picnic are perculiar. They are delivered in a corporate style aiming at people that wouldn’t normally go to festivals, but sounds more like a hotel and spa weekend.

It’s also sold out so strange to be promoting it so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »

Does anyone else think the Specsavers flasher guy sounds like Leo Varadker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Wowzers. That one really is something.

That ladies Gaelic football one has a similar thumping/shouting soundtrack as the Go Loud headache inducing ad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

'The new Mercedes (who cares) class, its a little.....like you'

Jesus wept, I thought this advert had gone away but it seems too have made a resurgence! I guess the message hasn't filtered through to the young'ins and they're giving it another attempt to push more generic plastic mercs!

'For starters, you can open it with your phone!'

Wow!! Seriously, it sounds like it was written by a bunch of executives in their 60's, or someone out of touch anyway in some attempt to be cool and hip. That awful music and the smug git voicing it! No thanks.

I drive a 21 year old Toyota, I don't need to open my car with my phone, hey, its a little....like me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Oh Jesus yes. Made on a budget.

Who actually buys kids sweets from a chemists anyway? Grandparents?

Gummy Bears aren’t sweets. They’re vitamins. Just saying.

Gummy Bears aren’t sweets. They’re vitamins. Just saying.

Overpriced sweets with negligible health benefits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭lolie

Akabusi wrote: »
    Does anyone else think the Specsavers flasher guy sounds like Leo Varadker?

Yeah, that is one god awful ad with the squeaky but its freee voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

The new one for The Maldron hotel in Derry...the American accent pronounces it Dairy ? Painful..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Finny the Frog is now from the Deep South of the US going on the very latest ad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement