Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

dh0661 wrote: »

What ads do the Wycherley voice tell me?

He used to be in Bachelors Walk. He did an ad over the winter for Bord na Mona - In for the night. His voice makes me ill. He lingers on the end of words as he says them, vomit.
    I tried to find the ad so that you too could listen and feel ill but alas i couldn't locate it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭bilko1234

WorldVision.Com

Voice over: How much would YOU pay to save your sight?

Random woman on street: Ummm....ten..thousand......euro...??????

So if she was told it'd cost 11,000 she'd presumably say "Naw, I'll take the blindness , thanks":confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

He used to be in Bachelors Walk. He did an ad over the winter for Bord na Mona - In for the night. His voice makes me ill. He lingers on the end of words as he says them, vomit.
    I tried to find the ad so that you too could listen and feel ill but alas i couldn't locate it. :)

you might find this site interesting:

http://www.voicebank.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

How could anyone forget his whining, nasaly 'myhome.ie' ads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

like a morning dash for the bus, 3 has got you covered.................
    what does that even mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Its probably been mentioned before but the ads for TV licenses really annoy me. The smug collector and their long drawn out "Riiiigggghhhhttttt" when they hear the excuses. The ads also make people who don't pay their license sound like degenerate scumbags who cant even come up with an excuse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

How could anyone forget his whining, nasaly 'myhome.ie' ads?

exactly. That's why they use him ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭personguy

is it trocra or oxfam or ???
    dunno, i stop listening as soon as it comes on.
    it's just about as offensively trained as an advert can get.
    my child asks the really difficult questions, like "why is that child in africa starving?"

that's odd, my child asks the really easy-to-answer questions, like "why does dad turn beet red with enraged disgust every time that ad comes on the radio?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bob50

personguy wrote: »

that's odd, my child asks the really easy-to-answer questions, like "why does dad turn beet red with enraged disgust every time that ad comes on the radio?"

i agree that stupid ad about africa once that stupid b***h opens her mouth,I change the station

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bob50

Its probably been mentioned before but the ads for TV licenses really annoy me. The smug collector and their long drawn out "Riiiigggghhhhttttt" when they hear the excuses. The ads also make people who don't pay their license sound like degenerate scumbags who cant even come up with an excuse

Yeah its a great ad not to have a tv licence let them call me a scumbag But there ads dont frighten me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

The Ballsbridge Hotel/D4 hotel ads that have been on lately. Is the couple having a fight while advertising the hotel?Makes no sense for them to be having a row and advertising a hotel at the same time,does not compute in my brain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭bilko1234

personguy wrote: »

"We've sponsered a child called William from Tanzania....."
    F**in WILLIAM??
    Hardly a native Tanzanian name I wouldn't have thought!
    "And you should see their excitement when we get a letter home.."
    Think she should buy her kids an x-box or something if that's their idea of excitement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

bilko1234 wrote: »
    F**in WILLIAM??
    Think she should buy her kids an x-box or something if that's their idea of excitement.

Best part about this ad is the music from the Gladiator playing in the backround, always makes me think that if I donated money it would probably go toward some sort of modern day Gladiotor training school for little William

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭personguy

Best part about this ad is the music from the Gladiator playing in the backround, always makes me think that if I donated money it would probably go toward some sort of modern day Gladiotor training school for little William

yes thanks! i forgot to mention the music! perfect backdrop for Little Billy Not-So-Glad-iator.. :astonished:

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

bilko1234 wrote: »
    F**in WILLIAM??

Seems you are right:

http://www.all-babynames.com/world/Tanzanian-baby-names.html

"William" nowhere to be seen, strangely enough.

Before anyone asks, yes, I am really bored right now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Those EBS ads before the RTE NEWS really piss me off voiced by yer wan from Fair City. NOW we have taken them over and they are still saying "where family counts".. so we're paying for the ads as well.

That ad for littlesteps.eu.. two dublin working class women.. one says "where are the kids"... other one says "they didnt do it, they were with me all day"... Then it turns out that woman is the aunty.. ad just doesnt make sense as well as been an insult to the working class dublin people. Bizarre ad for something that is meant to be for helping kids.

And Foghorn O'Kane on the new Costcutter ad for Easter eggs. I hope she chokes on one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Bugnug

The new 11890 add on radio, with the person performing martial arts and the fake chinese accent its so bad I have stopped using this service. Shockingly bad.

Bugnug wrote: »
    The new 11890 add on radio, with the person performing martial arts and the fake chinese accent its so bad I have stopped using this service. Shockingly bad.

The Ninja directory.. yeah forgot about that one as well.. bloody awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Hey - that's not new anymore - go back about 5/6 pages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Horrendous ad. So so wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭luap_42

No words can describe how much I hate the guy in those ads.

Hate the TV licence ad guy? :mad:

Check this out:

http://www.piehole.ie/advanced?page=3&search_string=&user%5Bage_group_id%5D=4&user%5Bagent%5D=&user%5Bcountry_id%5D=1&user%5Bgender%5D=1&user%5Blocation_id%5D=1&user%5Bsearch_string%5D=&user%5Bstyle_attributes%5D%5B1%5D%5Bdescription%5D=0&user%5Bstyle_attributes%5D%5B10%5D%5Bdescription%5D=0&user%5Bstyle_attributes%5D%5B11%5D%5Bdescription%5D=0&user%5Bstyle_attributes%5D%5B12%5D%5Bdescription%5D=0&user%5Bstyle_attributes%5D%5B13%5D%5Bdescription%5D=0&user%5Bstyle_attributes%5D%5B14%5D%5Bdescription%5D=0&user%5Bstyle_attributes%5D%5B15%5D%5Bdescription%5D=0&user%5Bstyle_attributes%5D%5B16%5D%5Bdescription%5D=0&user%5Bstyle_attributes%5D%5B17%5D%5Bdescription%5D=0&user%5Bstyle_attributes%5D%5B18%5D%5Bdescription%5D=0&user%5Bstyle_attributes%5D%5B19%5D%5Bdescription%5D=0&user%5Bstyle_attributes%5D%5B2%5D%5Bdescription%5D=0&user%5Bstyle_attributes%5D%5B3%5D%5Bdescription%5D=0&user%5Bstyle_attributes%5D%5B32%5D%5Bdescription%5D=0&user%5Bstyle_attributes%5D%5B4%5D%5Bdescription%5D=0&user%5Bstyle_attributes%5D%5B5%5D%5Bdescription%5D=0&user%5Bstyle_attributes%5D%5B53%5D%5Bdescription%5D=0&user%5Bstyle_attributes%5D%5B6%5D%5Bdescription%5D=0&user%5Bstyle_attributes%5D%5B7%5D%5Bdescription%5D=0&user%5Bstyle_attributes%5D%5B8%5D%5Bdescription%5D=0&user%5Bstyle_attributes%5D%5B9%5D%5Bdescription%5D=0

2nd guy in the list. Click play, then smash your computer screen to bits...:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

I never knew I wasn't alone..........I can't stand his voice.........

and deirdre O'kane's costcutters ad - she makes it sound like she's ripping the p1ss out of their customers...........can't bear her voice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 BrianDillon316

cjmcork wrote: »
    I never knew I wasn't alone..........I can't stand his voice.........

and deirdre O'kane's costcutters ad - she makes it sound like she's ripping the p1ss out of their customers...........can't bear her voice

Oh dear god yea, that deirdre o'kane one shouting at me to go to costcutters, so annoying!!:mad::mad:

Any of the ads on Newstalk that feature their regular female voice-over (the ones for the weekend live Premier League coverage and the Breakfast show ads for Axa spring to mind).

She also does one on Talking History for some company that do battlefield tours. She manages to pronounce "international" as "inta-nashnull" and "tours" as "tors".

Cringeworthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Spot on, that ad is absolutely terrible, shocking voice work, awful script.

There's no way in hell I would now ever use that service, and I just change station immediately it comes on the air, cos it infuriates me so much.

(I don't change the station when it comes on because it's offensive and borderline racist mind you, I do so because the ad is utterly sh*t & it makes me want to smack my face against whatever is making that horrible noise. )

The ad for the Leopardstown Inn.

Is your Friday night work-do pub the same as your Saturday night "just the two of you" pub....etc?

Is it?

Then you are some sad b*****d.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Oh dear god yea, that deirdre o'kane one shouting at me to go to costcutters, so annoying!!:mad::mad:
    FIFY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Tulip awnings ad makes me want to commit violence. :mad:

11890 add on radio, with the person performing martial arts and the fake chinese accent its so bad I have stopped using this service. Shockingly bad.

And factually wrong also - save 150 Euro :confused: - as in €150.00???

• Advertisement

liking the two Dutch guys talking about the euromillions ad, quite funny yesh?

Could not agree more. Severe beating deserved by all involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

The ad running on Newstalk for the DSPCA. Where the dog dials 999. It creeps me out a bit and makes me feel sad. Suppose that's the point of it.

littlesteps.eu .. Apparently a website to teach de northsides how to walk..

Firetrap wrote: »
    The ad running on Newstalk for the DSPCA. Where the dog dials 999. It creeps me out a bit and makes me feel sad. Suppose that's the point of it.

It creeps me out alot - but I do agree that is the point of the advert.

ha ha, yeah they may aswell say "Are you a North Sider?Well then look after your kids better will ya?"

• Advertisement

I was always told that is why de northsides kept pigeons :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Firetrap wrote: »

Thats the one where the dog rings up and starts playing the cello and whining down the phone? Then when that doesn't work, he starts playing the harp instead?

Clever doggie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

The Kildare Village Shopping Centre add with the fake American.... FUCC OFF!!! :mad:

The Fairco ad is back.

"Well my sister recommended ...blah...blah"

A single shot to the head would be my recommendation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The Kildare Village Shopping Centre add with the fake American.... FUCC OFF!!! :mad:

Utterly annoying and in no way humorous or enticing. Major fail as an ad.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Thats the one where the dog rings up and starts playing the cello and whining down the phone? Then when that doesn't work, he starts playing the harp instead?
    Clever doggie.

No - :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Mr E wrote: »

Clever doggie.

I havent heard that ad, but I wonder how all of that plays on the radio. How do you know its a dog for a start?

Whats the one where the woman with the sensuous voice invites you to go shopping? Sounds like she is advertising a phonesex line or a Brothel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Ambrosia? Talking cows? What the fock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

She sounds very like Alison Curtis to me.

The more I hear of that lying bastard Jim from Eircom support, the more I am convinced that he is the spawn of Satan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

most annoying is the add for 11890 with the ( chineese ) lady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Yes. I've no problem with Americans or American accents per se but I can't for the life of me figure out why the hell they have an American accent on this ad. Is it meant to appeal to the Sex and the City brigade?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Ambrosia? Talking cows? What the fock?

My god - it's terrible! Makes my ears bleed

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭SpodoKamodo

The brennans bread ads are the worst. The latest one with your man harking back to the auld days, at the football match with his ol da, eating ****ty sandwiches his da had stuffed in his trenchcoat. 'ah says I, I buried those sandwiches like our striker buried the ball in the back o' the net' ...makes me want to bury my fist in his face:mad:

and the little chuckle he does at the end 'todays best bread (chukle) today....o the rage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

I love that brennan's bread ad.

The brennans bread ads are the worst. The latest one with your man harking back to the auld days, at the football match with his ol da, eating ****ty sandwiches his da had stuffed in his trenchcoat. 'ah says I, I buried those sandwiches like our striker buried the ball in the back o' the net' ...makes me want to bury my fist in his face:mad:

and the little chuckle he does at the end 'todays best bread (chukle) today....o the rage!

Could not have put it better myself.

That chuckle is a vile thing.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement