Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

The brennans bread ads are the worst. The latest one with your man harking back to the auld days, at the football match with his ol da, eating ****ty sandwiches his da had stuffed in his trenchcoat. 'ah says I, I buried those sandwiches like our striker buried the ball in the back o' the net' ...makes me want to bury my fist in his face:mad:

and the little chuckle he does at the end 'todays best bread (chukle) today....o the rage!

Yeah, they are very annoying. I did enjoy this version though, shame it didn't make it to air (wait until 32 seconds in ...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Gruntled

The Tas accounting ad has this weird chanting in the background that sounds like a choir of child kamakazes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Miguele1

irishh_bob wrote: »
    most annoying is the add for 11890 with the ( chineese ) lady

you're right. i don't like it, too... very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭bilko1234

I've been coming to the conclusion that I hate ALL radio ads, most of which are not helped by their over exposure.
    However, there actually is one ad which doesn't make me want to kick the radio around the room when it comes on.
    It's (I think) for No Nonsense car insurance and is set in a customer service office where the prim and proper operator asks the caller:
    "I take it young man, that you are male"
    "Yes"
    "Fantastic"
    "And what is your engine size"
    "2.0 litre"
    "Oh sweet devine"
    "...And I want fully comp"
    "Ker - ching"
    This shows me that someone CAN make radio ads that don't want you to do GBH to the ad writers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

bilko1234 wrote: »
    It's (I think) for No Nonsense car insurance and is set in a customer service office where the prim and proper operator asks the caller:
    "I take it young man, that you are male"
    "Yes"
    "Fantastic"
    "And what is your engine size"
    "2.0 litre"
    "Oh sweet devine"
    "...And I want fully comp"
    "Ker - ching"
    This shows me that someone CAN make radio ads that don't want you to do GBH to the ad writers.

IMO - this is probably one of the better ones.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

irishh_bob wrote: »
    most annoying is the add for 11890 with the ( chineese ) lady

How this is still on the air astounds me - surely there is a case to be made that it borders on racism? Reminds me a bit of that Father Ted episode....

Benny_Cake wrote: »
    How this is still on the air astounds me - surely there is a case to be made that it borders on racism? Reminds me a bit of that Father Ted episode....

Yes - but they seem to have dropped the part that said you save 150 euro :confused: as in €150-00.

Would that mean they owe us some cash back. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

HB that-a-way = me flicking to another station

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

bilko1234 wrote: »
    "Ker - ching"

Thanks, I always wondered what the last line she roars out was. Now I know:)
    HB that-a-way = me flicking to another station

I hate that add with a vengeance.

So much so that I'll never buy that product.

Is it meant to sound like nails screeching on a blackboard with those shocking singing voices?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Poochie05 wrote: »
    My god - it's terrible! Makes my ears bleed
    Oh God - blood boiling - Bashing up the radio with a hammer. Do I have anger issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Deirdre O'Kane is back on Costcutter duty.
    Not funny. At all. Not even vaguely witty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Ok so I finally have been riled enough to document all the ads that drive me mad and a brief reason why...

HB that away - its like those carphone warehouse ads from e4 where some fella sings about random things and holds a phone - not funny and not entertaining

Costcutter - i hate hate hate Deirdre O'Kane and her smug voice. i hope she does go to costcutter for the bank holiday and a freak tornado sweeps that very same shop off to the iceland and plugs the volcano with it...

Eircom - Jim - sweet mother of god, who picked this fool? the demanding woman is bad enough, but the man asking if he can feel the burn, and the 'yes; that Jim utters, its a real pathetic yes, maybe old Jimbo is getting tired of these ads too...

One Direct/Post bank - yer ones poncy accent annoys the hell out of me, her enunciation is peculiar and just annoys me soo much

McDonalds - firstly I detest the one where yer man makes stupid rhymes, his accent is a bit like yer one from postbank, a bit d4 ish on certain vowels, those ads always resulted in switching channels, but now, oh now they have those ads with the women saying they got clamped/left car keys in car.... I dont care that it slags women off, and I am a woman, thats not the annoying part, its the absolute ridiculousness of the ads. The male/female version is equally detestable. Contains smug rhyme fella and yer one from the clinic and pure mule.

Which brings me to any ad that that woman voices, at least I am sure its her, she voice quinn ads too, I cant listen to her, I just see her r*ding the fella scobie from pure mule, and I am sick to death of her voice.

Also any ads with Don Wycherly and Simon Delaney would result in radio going off, but I dont hear much of either anymore thank god - just the pure mule woman doing every second ad...

Ok i know there are a million more ads, but I am a sore head from ranting to myself as I type, :) I am sure my blood pressure rises everytime ads come on.

Oh one more - on Today FM, Ray Darcy show sponsored by HB, what the hell si with the stupid cookie monster voice for icebergers??? Its prob Will off the show he always does it, but its not even that good an impression and I hate hearing it every 15 mins too. Also hate the Paul McCloon ad, where he keeps saying she and him, nick cave, she and him, etc etc - get lessons off mcdonalds dude r.e rhyming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

thalia_13 wrote: »
    Which brings me to any ad that that woman voices, at least I am sure its her, she voice quinn ads too, I cant listen to her, I just see her r*ding the fella scobie from pure mule, and I am sick to death of her voice.
    http://www.voicebank.ie/dawn_bradfield.html
    She voices everything.. That whingey Cork accent wrecks my head as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

That guy on the Brennan's bread really does my head in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Ok so I finally have been riled enough to document all the ads that drive me mad and a brief reason why...

HB that away - its like those carphone warehouse ads from e4 where some fella sings about random things and holds a phone - not funny and not entertaining

Costcutter - i hate hate hate Deirdre O'Kane and her smug voice. i hope she does go to costcutter for the bank holiday and a freak tornado sweeps that very same shop off to the iceland and plugs the volcano with it...

Eircom - Jim - sweet mother of god, who picked this fool? the demanding woman is bad enough, but the man asking if he can feel the burn, and the 'yes; that Jim utters, its a real pathetic yes, maybe old Jimbo is getting tired of these ads too...

One Direct/Post bank - yer ones poncy accent annoys the hell out of me, her enunciation is peculiar and just annoys me soo much

McDonalds - firstly I detest the one where yer man makes stupid rhymes, his accent is a bit like yer one from postbank, a bit d4 ish on certain vowels, those ads always resulted in switching channels, but now, oh now they have those ads with the women saying they got clamped/left car keys in car.... I dont care that it slags women off, and I am a woman, thats not the annoying part, its the absolute ridiculousness of the ads. The male/female version is equally detestable. Contains smug rhyme fella and yer one from the clinic and pure mule.

Also any ads with Don Wycherly and Simon Delaney would result in radio going off, but I dont hear much of either anymore thank god - just the pure mule woman doing every second ad...

Ok i know there are a million more ads, but I am a sore head from ranting to myself as I type, :) I am sure my blood pressure rises everytime ads come on.

Oh one more - on Today FM, Ray Darcy show sponsored by HB, what the hell si with the stupid cookie monster voice for icebergers??? Its prob Will off the show he always does it, but its not even that good an impression and I hate hearing it every 15 mins too. Also hate the Paul McCloon ad, where he keeps saying she and him, nick cave, she and him, etc etc - get lessons off mcdonalds dude r.e rhyming!

marry me?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

McDonalds - firstly I detest the one where yer man makes stupid rhymes

"What about a McFlurry, that's aways a cert"

If its a cert then why do you have to ask? WHY DO YOU HAVE TO ASK!?!?!!!

tbh wrote: »
    "What about a McFlurry, that's aways a cert"

If its a cert then why do you have to ask? WHY DO YOU HAVE TO ASK!?!?!!!
    As Angus Deayton once said to Paul Merton 'I think your missing the comic effect there' ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

As Angus Deayton once said to Paul Merton 'I think your missing the comic effect there' ;)

the comic effect has certainly been missed.......just not by me ;)

tbh wrote: »
    the comic effect has certainly been missed.......just not by me ;)
    If you get chance TBH check it out on Have I got news for you. Still available on youtube. Referred to the odd man out section of show. Deyton kept trying to say 'In mussolini the untold story' when Merton interrupted 'How can it be the untold story if they already told it''
    To which Deyton replied 'I think your missing the comic effect'. Classic TV.

marry me?

and we shall live in a world where its a competition to switch off annoying ads the quickest!!!

I wish I could meet the people from these advertising companies, i know they have the opinion that if the ad is annoying it stays in the mind more, kinda like subliminal messaging. Well can i just say that because of irritating ads, I have a huge blacklist of companies and products... which is a shame as I do like iceberger icecreams...... and i bet there are a few people here that wont buy things on the principle of stupid advertising....... pleases say there is :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

Heard the Deirdre O'Kane ads for Costcutter last week for the first time.

Thought she wasn't funny before; nothing there to change my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The latest Costcutter one is the worst of that series yet.

It reminds me of a crappy primary school play written by 5 year olds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

The Toyota ads!

Nothing against the Japanese, but this fella obviously has very, very poor Engrish.
    I don't know what they're at, does it lend some kind of authenticity that he's very obviously not just an Irish guy? Woeful.

Double post ..... sorry

Oh and a few new ones. Carbon monoxide ad with the harry potter twinkly music. I never remember what it is for because i think of owls and ron weasely everytime i hear it!
    Caldesene nappy rash. Both characters sound the same age, its badly thought out, and does not really have the flow of a semi acted normal conversation. Who wrote it? They should be shot!
    And i hate michelle doherty and other twits who say 'sick-te' instead of sixth in adverts. where did the x go?
    Ah here i'm gonna quit listening to the radio its bad for my blood pressure. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sinequanon

yummy yummy good pots with the wierd cow asking about calcium and her 'mooooo'...it's wierd...sorry if this has been mentioned already. Haven't read through it all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its trying this hard to overlapping to decipher voice concentrate this ad on sh*t makes the is me road worse want when than to stupid talking roadkill f**king on some ads your marketing are mobile executives playing phone.

Its trying this hard to overlapping to decipher voice concentrate this ad on sh*t makes the is me road worse want when than to stupid talking roadkill f**king on some ads your marketing are mobile executives playing phone.

Its hard to concentrate on the road when this stupid f**king ad is playing.
    Trying to decipher this sh*t is worse than talking on your mobile phone.
    This overlapping voice ad makes me want to roadkill some marketing executives

Brennans bread ad. Just annoys all the time

sinequanon wrote: »
    yummy yummy good pots with the wierd cow asking about calcium and her 'mooooo'...it's wierd...sorry if this has been mentioned already. Haven't read through it all!

worst ad ever. I really want to kill the people that passed that idiotic script

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

An ad for www.littlesteps.eu. Two Dubs with accents that would cut glass talking about the benefits of "cookin a sturfri", instead of "peeza an chips". Awful stuff.

• Advertisement

The Dublin Pubs ads are really starting to get to me at this stage.

Sergeant wrote: »
    An ad for www.littlesteps.eu. Two Dubs with accents that would cut glass talking about the benefits of "cookin a sturfri", instead of "peeza an chips". Awful stuff.

cuuuu-kin - love that Gift Grub ripped them off this morning!

and the dublin pub ads, your one and her 'h from steps - same thing'. i would love to punch her, she annoys me as much as Dawn Bradfield ads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

That stupid Cirque-De-Soliel add (or whatever it's called) wrecks my head.

With the stupid sounding African chant or something.

Salte Banko or whatever they're calling the show, fcuk off please:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Any add that shouts at you like the Harvy Norman adds and there is one for an insurance company.

Any add that shouts at you like the Harvy Norman adds and there is one for an insurance company.
    Have to admit I love the no-nonsense.ie ads. Ad of the year for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭SQ2

sinequanon wrote: »
    :mad::mad::mad:
    My chest tightens with rage every time I hear this "kid with a tail" ad... please can someone do SOMETHING??????:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 ChairmanMeeow

Anyone hear the ad for a heart charity with Brian Kennedy?

He sounds like he's trying to impersonate Michael Jackson!! :D

cuuuu-kin - love that Gift Grub ripped them off this morning!

Yea - heard it LOL:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

What is the story with those HP ice cream adds.

Yes cows go off to eat rasberries to make pink milk. Are these people stupid or what? :rolleyes:

Oh and the latest. Choc ices are fed to cows to make choc ice ice cream. Ffs stupid stupid ad with thick children who should know better. :mad:

/rant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

That fuppin Bord Gais green energy ad. "My fella's no fool!" - maybe not but you sound like a fuppin muppet - kindly beat yourself to death with a telephone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Those damned Publicans of Dublin ads........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Mc Donalds ads with the cheery assholes eating breakfast and discussing what htye get to do in work today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 carlowpoker

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    That fuppin Bord Gais green energy ad. "My fella's no fool!" - maybe not but you sound like a fuppin muppet - kindly beat yourself to death with a telephone

I lol'd .....hard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Those HB Iceberger jingles throughout the Ray D'arcy show.

"Have you had one yeti?"

SHUT UP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

:confused:
    Nevore wrote: »
    Mc Donalds ads with the cheery assholes eating breakfast and discussing what htye get to do in work today.

+1.....whats the "SCORE" all about....its like a japanese game show:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭aliocroc

Mr E wrote: »

Its hard to concentrate on the road when this stupid f**king ad is playing.
    Trying to decipher this sh*t is worse than talking on your mobile phone.
    This overlapping voice ad makes me want to roadkill some marketing executives

+1
    i just came on specifically to post about it!!! Gives me a mini-migrane every F'in time! I switch over in 1 second flat!!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

aliocroc wrote: »
    +1
    i just came on specifically to post about it!!! Gives me a mini-migrane every F'in time! I switch over in 1 second flat!!

If it wasn't for the ignorant and arrogant f**kwits who think they are above the law, we could all be spared this ad.

Nevore wrote: »

agree.idiotic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

That ad with the voiceover guy coughing drives me to distraction..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Daithí Ó Sé telling us how easy it is to make 'ha-ek wit a bitta mash'.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement