Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

janeybabe wrote: »
    Daithí Ó Sé telling us how easy it is to make 'ha-ek wit a bitta mash'.
    Yeah janey, meant to mention that one as well... "Ha, jaysus I'm a big eeeeegit, but when I cooked the spuds, all me cousins (who live with us) thaught I was a grea lad".. Daithí seems like a sound guy, why would he agree to such a stupid script?

also, anything voiced by Ciara O'Callaghan, Dawn Bradfield or Don Wycherley is usually enough to have me thumping the radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Yeah janey, meant to mention that one as well... "Ha, jaysus I'm a big eeeeegit, but when I cooked the spuds, all me cousins (who live with us) thaught I was a grea lad".. Daithí seems like a sound guy, why would he agree to such a stupid script?

one word: Cash
    three words: truckloads of cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Rory from Elephant Storage is back again.

"Everyone has storage problems nowadays" - not really Rory.

"Think of it as a hotel for your goods' - What ??

But what really bugs me is how he gives out his phone number

"Four Nine Four, Nought nought, Nought Nought"

Who says 'nought' as part of their phone number in this century?

Say 'O' or 'Zero' for feck sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Safe Food - 'Please Sir, can I have some more?' Were there no Irish voice over artists available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Safe Food - 'Please Sir, can I have some more?' Were there no Irish voice over artists available?

I understand them using an English actor because of the Oliver thing but they could have chosen a less annoying voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

"Watching me aul love handles"...."good honest gwub".

Horrific stuff.

Hate Hate hate this rubbish..

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

I heard an ad on the radio and thought it was hilarious - but can't remember what is was for!! (obviously not a great ad so!)

It's a guy talking to girl on the telephone. The girls voice is all garbled. I think she's called nuala or nora. At one point he says "I'd like to ask tyou to dinner nora. You have the look of a woman who likes her food" :D:D

Brilliant. If anyone can tell me what its an ad for (or even better maybe a link to it somewhere) i'd appreciate it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

ripcord wrote: »
    I heard an ad on the radio and thought it was hilarious - but can't remember what is was for!! (obviously not a great ad so!)

It's a guy talking to girl on the telephone. The girls voice is all garbled. I think she's called nuala or nora. At one point he says "I'd like to ask tyou to dinner nora. You have the look of a woman who likes her food" :D:D

Brilliant. If anyone can tell me what its an ad for (or even better maybe a link to it somewhere) i'd appreciate it!

Greyhound racing.

http://www.igb.ie/

by heart, nora..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭aliocroc

tbh wrote: »
    Greyhound racing.

http://www.igb.ie/

by heart, nora..

Fluuda guugle guugle is right Nora!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭SQ2

aliocroc wrote: »

Love it.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

aliocroc wrote: »

ha ha, brilliant ad.Sounds like Barry Murphy from Apres Match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

ripcord wrote: »

It reminds me of the "Mars your Day" ads that were on a few weeks back. It's good to see that not all radio ads have to be utter ****e!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Shazforgrub

I love that ad " Durbble Durrble Durrble is right Nora" Brilliant! Its for greyhound racing ireland or somehting

The worst ad going is on Beat FM, they a piece about each county in the South East, and for Waterford they have a girl going "Where else would you get a floury bap and have it called a blaa" WTF!!! Its the most stupid thing I have ever heard in my life, it drives me nuts the drivel some of these radio stations put out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭bilko1234

"They grow up, leave home, and come back. The boomerang generation. I loved my empty nest...full fridge, clean house...now it's back to smelly trainers and strange faces at breakfast!!!!!"
    I phukkin HATE this ad and the raspy oul one who does it.
    Go away with the Travel Department AND DON'T COME BACK!!!!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

bilko1234 wrote: »
    "They grow up, leave home, and come back. The boomerang generation. I loved my empty nest...full fridge, clean house...now it's back to smelly trainers and strange faces at breakfast!!!!!"

I presume you are one of these "kids"? LOL:rolleyes:
    get over it & move on been there and done that, but nobody bought me the T shirt :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

The coco pops ad with the kids singing. While I don't mind the ad and there has been a bit of effort put into the jingle, I just feel sorry for Mum that has to listen to them sing every morning:

Kids:"I'v such a sleepy head Mum, I'm not a morning person..."

Mum:"SHUT THE F**K UP!I'M NOT A MORNING PERSON EITHER,NOW SHUT UP WITH THAT STUPID SONG AND F**K OFF TO SCHOOL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

The coco pops ad with the kids singing. While I don't mind the ad and there has been a bit of effort put into the jingle, I just feel sorry for Mum that has to listen to them sing every morning:

Kids:"I'v such a sleepy head Mum, I'm not a morning person..."

Mum:"SHUT THE F**K UP!I'M NOT A MORNING PERSON EITHER,NOW SHUT UP WITH THAT STUPID SONG AND F**K OFF TO SCHOOL!
    Ahh, it's a cute song alright, but by God they wouldn't last long in any Irish household I ever ate a breakfast in while growing up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

whats with the voiceover on that ad?

why do ad agencies think we want to listen to that annoying hermaphrodite voice, anything that annoying voice advertises I boycott

• Advertisement

Barname wrote: »
    whats with the voiceover on that ad?

Sounds like Ruth McCabe.. I think they manage to hit every cliché in that ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

Sounds like Ruth McCabe.. I think they manage to hit every cliché in that ad.

yep, you are correct, thanks

http://www.voicebank.ie/mp3/ruth_mccabe.mp3

the first clip is about girls with moustaches! :pac: how appropriate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Those George Hook Sky ads are awful.
    "Sky care....."
    All Sky f***ing care about is how much money they can get out of their punters.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

Those George Hook Sky ads are awful.
    "Sky care....."
    All Sky f***ing care about is how much money they can get out of their punters.

Apres Match did a great p*ss-take of Hook's most recent Skyplus ad.

I remember him berating people for taking out Sky subscriptions when RTE lost the rights to show HEC games live.

Sad, greedy old hypocrite.

I used to enjoy the way Hook got exorcised about the Rugby, but it turns out he gets just as enthusiastic about promoting Sky. The man is an actor available for the highest bidder.... Morals/Principles will not be a hindrance

I'm sure it's been mentioned already but those bloody Imagine WiMax ads. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Tullamore Dairies.

Every ad on radio at the moment is either the Fair City women, or Dawn Bradfield... all equally annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭bilko1234

How about:

"Hel-than Jhaaan...........Laive, at the O2 in Dhablan"
    "In ass-oh-seeee-ay-shan with thee Ai-ir-ish Indeeeeependent and
    Arr-Tee-Eee Ray-dee-oo Whan."

Does this American accent promoting Irish gigs do anyone elses head in???:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭personguy

How about:

yes yes yes, please make it go away! i left the states to get away from that nonsense! now i find people sueing each other left and right, soccer moms driving spotless SUVs, and american accents on the radio! .. please come back, ireland..:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

Try the truly nauseating Kildare Village ad with the fake SATC New Yawk accent... 70% off! Meltdown!

Of course perhaps she's talking about property prices in Naas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

uvox wrote: »
    Try the truly nauseating Kildare Village ad with the fake SATC New Yawk accent... 70% off! Meltdown!

Of course perhaps she's talking about property prices in Naas.

Couldn't agree more! If I was an American citizen living in Ireland, I would be really annoyed that the national radio station would facilitate a company to portray a compatriot as being some silly air-headed woman wandering around a provincial Irish town fooling herself into thinking that she is shopping on Fifth Avenue, looking for that bargain designer dress!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bob50

How about:

So True it really does my head in i switch over as soon as i hear it

Why are they using fake yankee accents i presume the irish accent isnt acceptable any more so its either yankee or d4

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Drackedie

There are 2 (3 actually, but I can't recall the third at the moment) that are currently doing my head in.

The first is for DiscoverIreland I think. Usual 2 people talking to each other and she comes out with "Connemaara", in a tone of voice that implies "you thick male" as seems to be the norm with ads these days.

The second is for a hotel in Galway, which adds the "ing" to your holiday - surfING, eatING etc...

Please be f*ckoffING!!

Remembered it - it's for some detergent, has a group of kids with one saying stuff like "and then I painted myself green so I could be...invisible". As we pretty much all agree here, kids should NOT be in ads on the radio!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 steveoracle

Every single radio ad ever, ever, ever is so bad that I can't listen to commercial Radio (mind you it's better han listening to Ross or Brand)

S

"What do you call a buscuit that switches to Bord Gais Energy... A SMART COOKIE!!!!"

"That's GAS!!"

Oh please shut the fcuk up... feel like crashing the car on purpose every time it comes on just to make it stop...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Drackedie

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    "What do you call a buscuit that switches to Bord Gais Energy... A SMART COOKIE!!!!"

"That's GAS!!"

Oh please shut the fcuk up... feel like crashing the car on purpose every time it comes on just to make it stop...

Oh God yeah, that does my head in too...

"What do you call a buscuit that switches to Bord Gais Energy... A SMART COOKIE!!!!" "That's GAS!!"
    I wish nobody would sign up with these cnuts so that they would go out of business..

That wimax lad should be done for plagiarsing Shaggy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

There seems to be a spate of washing powder ads with kids with English accents trying to be cute, but in fact are really annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

the man and woman screaming at each other to go and book some cheap hotel room somewhere - why are they fighting??:confused:

Tubridy's "bucket and spade" tour.. :mad:

Bucket and Spade ..... check
    Microphone...... check
    Overpaid, unfunny, smarmy fkn pr1ck .... double check...

God, I cant wait til he goes to 2FM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Tubridy's "bucket and spade" tour.. :mad:

IMO - anything that includes Turbidity is a NO NO

Those Bord Failte ads advestising Ireland as a holiday destination... the ones with that song by the Heathers ("I need to go, I need to get away from everything" - I wish ye'd get away from me tbh!)...

Awful scripting too - "Look out kids, it's been years since your mother's been on a bicycle!"

Yeah, I'm sure it has been ages since she's had a good ride alright, you tedious little man...

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

"Look out kids, it's been years since your mother's been on a bicycle!"
    "but dad, the kids at school say mom is a bicycle!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 crowdflash

Those RTE TV licence ads - you know the singularly ones where the Stasi come knocking on the door (actually that's the TV version) - with the tag line "We've heard all the excuses."

Yes, RTE, well so have we - every time one of you lard arses justifies their salary.

"mummy, are you and dad VIPs, and I'm like a movie star"...
    Sink boat, SIIIIIINNNNNNNKKKKK..

I always envisaged Curious George as being the dirty old paedophile who roams around the boat chatting up kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

crowdflash wrote: »
    Those RTE TV licence ads - you know the singularly ones where the Stasi come knocking on the door (actually that's the TV version) - with the tag line "We've heard all the excuses."

Yes, RTE, well so have we - every time one of you lard arses justifies their salary.

icon14.gif
    icon14.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Diving Board

Those Bord Failte ads advestising Ireland as a holiday destination... the ones with that song by the Heathers ("I need to go, I need to get away from everything" - I wish ye'd get away from me tbh!)...

Awful scripting too - "Look out kids, it's been years since your mother's been on a bicycle!"

Yeah, I'm sure it has been ages since she's had a good ride alright, you tedious little man...

quality post, and I thought I was the only one who wanted to pour petrol in my ears when these ads came on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

Those SkyTV ads done by George Hook with his contrived meaningful, earnest pseudo-analytic tone and "straight-talking" insights about how we're all no longer millionaires and have to watch where we spend money.

Go away please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

He Drives, She Dies is back again, yet this year its complete cheek of them to broadcast it. How many road deaths in the past 12 months have been female drivers?? I don't have that figure yet but will do soon as I've had to waste my finger muscles yet again on typing out another bloody complaint form :D Different body for broadcasting complaints this year though, so maybe they won't view an advert calling every male driver a murderer as a "moderate safety message".

**** you RSA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

the ads which say Irish Ferries is 5 star. Anyone who has suffered for 16 hours on the boat from Rosslare to France will know it is anything but a 5 star ferry company.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement