Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

Not sure if it has been mentioned before but the ad for 11890 annoys me.

The chap with the thick bog accent, "No, not 27 but that would be mighty". :mad:

F**king hate that ad. :(

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

The Bórd Bia ad for fresh produce is a diamond in the dust! This silly fashionista girl and the farmer bloke, it's good fun. Also, it encourages you to buy fresh, local produce rather than imported stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

el diablo wrote: »
    Not sure if it has been mentioned before but the ad for 11890 annoys me.

The chap with the thick bog accent, "No, not 27 but that would be mighty". :mad:

F**king hate that ad. :(
    No offence but you'd never survive in Cork!

I hate the one for Specsavers. The made up county Addleford!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

StereoLove wrote: »
    No offence but you'd never survive in Cork!

Well that's something I'll never have to worry about. :p

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Dub Ste

I don't know if I'm just getting grumpy,(a distinct possibilty !!),but is there such a thing as a good radio ad,they ALL drive me mad.

But I think I've just heard what is possibly the worst thing I've ever heard,not in an advert,but the worst thing EVER.......The advert for the Sun by The Grimes Gimps:eek::eek::eek:

The Samaritans will be on overload after this,it is quite possibly THE END OF THE WORLD ....................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

Not so much one single terrible ad, but there's this one chap in particular whose "I studied Media in Griffith College Duh-Blinn" accent drives me up the wall. One of his worst offences is the following;
    http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=92668021790&ref=mf

Try as I may, googling chawrturd ahkayntansee brought up no results, I guess I'll never get ahead in life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭cml387

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    Those Bord Failte ads advestising Ireland as a holiday destination... the ones with that song by the Heathers ("I need to go, I need to get away from everything" - I wish ye'd get away from me tbh!)...

Awful scripting too - "Look out kids, it's been years since your mother's been on a bicycle!"

Yeah, I'm sure it has been ages since she's had a good ride alright, you tedious little man...

And what about:
    "Dad"
    "yeah"
    "this has been the best holiday...ever!"

I think it would go better along the lines of:

"Dad"
    "Yeah"
    "Is it because you lost all our money on property that we're stuck here in the orse end of Kerry?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

APM wrote: »
    the ads which say Irish Ferries is 5 star. Anyone who has suffered for 16 hours on the boat from Rosslare to France will know it is anything but a 5 star ferry company.

Brittany Ferries, is 5-star. Silver service in the restaurant, fantsatic, efficient waiters, including one who asked in perfect english, despite being french, did we mind if he removed the wine bucket and stand to another table as they had been informed we were going to hit some rough seas. That is 5-star.

Irish Ferries is more like burger king hits the 7 seas.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Tombones

****ING GEORGE HOOK SHUT THE **** UP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Tombones wrote: »
    ****ING GEORGE HOOK SHUT THE **** UP.

He really annoys the bejaysus out of me. The millionaire one particularly. How much is he topping up his broadcasters salary with by doing Sky ads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

DarkJager wrote: »
    He Drives, She Dies is back again, yet this year its complete cheek of them to broadcast it. How many road deaths in the past 12 months have been female drivers?? I don't have that figure yet but will do soon as I've had to waste my finger muscles yet again on typing out another bloody complaint form :D Different body for broadcasting complaints this year though, so maybe they won't view an advert calling every male driver a murderer as a "moderate safety message".

**** you RSA.
    i feel your pain. I
    despise this ad with a passion, as much for its blatant disgusting sexism as its annoying group of ''know it all'' female participants. I sent the BCI two emails of complaint last year. I shall be doing the same again this year. We really should just bombard the fcukers with emails. That ad has to be taken off the air. Could you imagine a similar type ad that served to denegrate females? It wouldn't get past the production process before it would be shot down. Yet men seem fair game. Well guess what, i'm a good driver, i dont belong to the ''dangerous ones" category and take offence at being tarred with the same brush as those boy racer speed merchant types.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

wi-max ads gets my thumbs up. Bit of effort put into the jingle, sounds good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

The one where the dude orders a half-fat 'pretentiouccino' costing 'a bazillion' dollars, and after he pays he replies 'fantabulous'.

Does anyone know what the ad's for, or anywhere online I could get a copy of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

I haven't heard the one for the Healthy Eating campaign (the one with the chavs discussing getting little Kylie out walking and eating proper!) since Gift Grub did a fantastic piss take on it last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Snark

Ryans Menswear Galway - they seem to use the same jingle as used in the Fr Ted episode with the 3 ages of Elvis where Dougal does his impersonation...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

LA3G wrote: »
    The one where the dude orders a half-fat 'pretentiouccino' costing 'a bazillion' dollars, and after he pays he replies 'fantabulous'.

Does anyone know what the ad's for, or anywhere online I could get a copy of it?
    That actually sounds funny. Or at least I think it does. I haven't heard it yet. :o:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Derryleigh

11890. Most annoying stupid off putting ad on any radio station anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

LESS PENNY PINCHING..... AND MORE BOINK BOTTOM PINCHING!

I would nevr hit a woman, but I'd make an exception for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Champion Butter, hi! Great ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dangelo

george hook for sky on radio and tv...uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Dub Ste

Just heard one on FM 104.
    Gay Byrne,the smug patronising old tw*t,is doing one for the Road Safety Authority about local and national roads,it ends with,
    "Don't let local be lethal".
    I'm sure his heart is in the right plave,but he just sounds so condescending,and this coming from a man,who as far as I know,never passed his test,he got his licence in one of the amnesties years ago.

Go away Gay,go away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Kickbox

Oh good god i am ready to throw both my telly and radio out the window when I hear george hook and his sky ad!! As if one wasn't sufficient they have him doing about three different variations!!!! Eeeerggghhh!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭cml387

Kickbox wrote: »
    Oh good god i am ready to throw both my telly and radio out the window when I hear george hook and his sky ad!! As if one wasn't sufficient they have him doing about three different variations!!!! Eeeerggghhh!!!

Surely he realises now what a major mistake he made doing this.
    His credibility,in my opinion, as a Newstalk presenter is now shot.
    If he'd just said :

"Sky.It's good.Get it."

Instead we have now an increasing series of ads where he is emotes on the subject as if he's describing a cure for world hunger.

Remember the scene in "The Truman Show" when Truman's wife,in the middle of a showdown about his erratic behaviour,holds up a product and does her advertising piece to camera while poor old Jim Carrey goes "WTF".

It's that artificial and so...wrong.

We're over 2000 replies now but of all the radio ads commented upon,these are the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

them fcuking wimax ads on the tv and radio really,really piss me off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

cml387 wrote: »
    Surely he realises now what a major mistake he made doing this.
    His credibility,in my opinion, as a Newstalk presenter is now shot.
    You obviously take George a lot more seriously than George takes himself. You only have to listen to his show to realise he's having a laugh much of the time. I admire a lot about him - his ability to come into radio late on in life and "make it", also the fact that he reads out as many texts as possible especially the ones abusing him. He's not as precious and egotistical as most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 codrodcm

The lotto ones with the poem like what else rmes with Blotto ha ha ...also the sticky notes one....love also the tv as for wi fi the next generation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,747 ✭✭✭squonk

Anyone hear the new one for, I think it's D4 hotels? Starts off with 'Sqeek, squeek, squeek', folowed by some bint asking 'So what are we going to do today then', I was surprised she was able to drag herself away from going at it like a barn door actually. Shag partner then, obviously trying to get a break from the nympho suggests they could go to something in the Aviva Stadium or do a concert in the RDS '...or we could just stay in bed', pipes in the burd, obviously concerned she might go five minutes without getting lashed out of it, which, would be a total tragedy. FFS! Who the hell comes up with this ****e and, why are they actually given the chance to earn a living out of such mediocrity? 'Get a room'.. I'd say that took weeks to come up with. Get a bit of cop you stupid ad exec more like :(

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

There's an ad on Today FM at the moment for a video rental chain, possibly Xtravision.

Hyper-chirpy bubblehead extolling the virtues of the latest releases in a God-awful accent that veers all over the place.

Urge to kill rising...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

codrodcm wrote: »
    The lotto ones with the poem like what else rmes with Blotto ha ha ...also the sticky notes one....love also the tv as for wi fi the next generation

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH hate those lotto b*stards! They make me want to rip my car stereo out and stamp on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

One ad that drives me cracked is the one on Radio 1 for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - annoying song, annoying voiceover "phantasmagorical!" :mad:

The only thing I like about it is that the earlier part of the song sounds like "Kyle's Mom's a B1tch" from the South Park Movie!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 CabbageThing

Most annoying Radio Ad
    "Wheres the Champion butter hi?" The most annoying radio ad at the moment is the Champion butter ad on Newstalk. Its just annoying. when it comes on I turn the volume down , "Once upon a time in a northern land blah blah blah.......agaggahhhhhhhhhhahhhhagggghhh its so ****ing annonying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭WHL

Has to be George Hook on Sky Plus. I have just stopped litsening to his evening show as a result

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

with the Sky ad George Hook has jumped the shark, no doubt.

I will never go to some S.C. in Kildare, that gunt in the ad with the FAKE accent seals it.

that butter ad. I will NEVER buy their butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

that upc add with craig doyle annoys me.....

"you might think the dont have the same packages as sky...(smugly) they have...." grrrrrrrrrr

and "jim" from eircom broadband support, NO ONE believes you..... !

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭bilko1234

It's great to hear that the Irish Ferries ad asking us to go to France on board the Oscar Wilde is using a genuine French woman in the ad and not some D4 youngwan puttin it on.......NOT!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭bilko1234

While I'm at it, those two "Laural & Hardy" burglars who constantly keep coming up to Eircom Phonewatch houses.
    It's good to see the ad makers keeping it real, 'cause I'm surev these two guys would be very typical of your common housebreaker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Any of the HB ads around at the moment (mostly noticing on Today FM); They have incredibly annoying voice over artists and are just pure crap.
    Aslo hate the tagline: HB; Easy to enjoy

And all of the Rhyming McDonald's ads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    And all of the Rhyming McDonald's ads.

Too right!

The Eurosaver Menu, I'm sure you'll agree,
    Has f*&king stupid ads on radio and TV!!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Bard wrote: »
    Too right!

The Eurosaver Menu, I'm sure you'll agree,
    Has f*&king stupid ads on radio and TV!!!!!!!

Nice :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

My god, that "fall in love with france again" ad for the ferry is awful... The fakest French accent I have ever heard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just an aside, anyone listening to radio will have heard the adds for the Ireland-Argentina
    game tonight. They appear to have tweaked it, the first version has the voice announced
    the name Tevez in the oddest fashion - "Tiveeeeez!!!" I just heard the new version which is as it should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

The ads for Paul McLoone's show on Today FM. They have soundbytes of him spouting on about ssplurtling through stuff or just him repeating the names of the bands he plays. AWFUL. Would rather poke myself in the eye with a ****ty stick than listen to his show.

If you want people to listen at least come up with a decent ad FFS!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Hobbs law states.......

Fuk off Eleven eight ninety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

Im sure its been mentioned before but Daft Dave was an annoying little P**ck when he was around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

neris wrote: »
    Im sure its been mentioned before but Daft Dave was an annoying little P**ck when he was around.

Yes it has been mentioned many times, so hopefully "was" is the way it's going to remain. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Gunnersonny

The HB Wibbly Wobbly - weird facts ad with the poxy German accent..... OMFG I feel like my head wants to explode everytime I hear it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

The new Polo mints ads - just heard these this morning, not 1 but 2 in an ad break! I'm already despairing that this is just the start of that campaign :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Poochie05 wrote: »
    The new Polo mints ads - just heard these this morning, not 1 but 2 in an ad break! I'm already despairing that this is just the start of that campaign :(
    This, jesus nothing more annoying right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Any (Irish) Kellogg's ad lately. 'Not a Morning Person' and that horrible 'Crazy crazy world' are bad enough..but the Coco Pops ads where the mother is 'educating' us about how nutricious Coco Pops are annoys the snot out of me.

I know I'm delving into TV here but again for any cereal where the woman, in a condascending voice says 'shhhhh! Don't tell the kids that it's good for them!'

Fine. Be idiotic and feed your children chocolate milk with extra sugar every morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Shinners23

Anyone hear the Ad on fm104 the last few nights?.... It was advertising online Lingerie and adult toy store..... David Attinborough in the Jungle searching for the G Spot hehe.... sticks in the head

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement