Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Mr E wrote: »
    The final one is the Lotto one (what would you do to win the lotto). "Score the winning goal in the World Cup Final (really long pause) for France (really long pause) against Ireland (really long pause) in Croke Park (really long pause) on St. Patricks Day. Truly awful stuff.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Lapin wrote: »
    +1

This is a great ad.
    Rebelheart wrote: »
    I love that current Irish Times advert for the GAA, mentioning all 32 counties (going with the tune of Beethoven's 9th Symphony). It was on RTÉ Radio 1 today.

My bro in law did that ad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

xxyyzz wrote: »
    The most annoying ad at the moment is the McDonalds breakfast menu one with the 2 office workers. She has to do the 200 slide presentation by lunchtime - "SCORE". If she worked in my office, she'd be long dead by now.

Or how about the line...."Friends in high places"?

Can't be that high if you're eating your breakfast in McD's you utter clampit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,472 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I'm driven mad by two particular ads

The screeching whining out of tune "get me out of here" song for Bord Failte.

Those two utter dikheads on the Elvery Sports ad...

they need to jog the f*ck on with that ad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

lawred2 wrote: »
    they need to jog the f*ck on with that ad

love that expression - its hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭TomJoe Wallace

"iGohome on i102104, History remembers.. How Ireland was built on bread!"

Priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

What about that weird Munchies ad on newstalk? Is that a man or a woman inviting us to become a corporate friend or whatever.........so scarey:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Bjorn Bored.

My two for now, both on newstalk 106,

That June Rogers biatch tellin us in bad rhyme about her sad sad Xmas show on at the Red Cow Morans Hotel,

When she says "Jacinta O Brien wants to go,but they wont let her in.....

ahahahahahah", I really have to stop myself from smashing the car up.:mad::mad:

The other one is for the Munchies sandwich franchise,

Oh hello I am just enquiring about the free munchies sandwiches or words to that effect, nothing really wrong with the ad as such,ITS THE VOICE when she says at the end...

"Munchies,sandwiches just like mum used to make",

I dont know who she is but her voice is everywhere,it sounds like a culchie Deirdre Barlow after a gravel eating contest,ARRRGGGHHH,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

The Wimax add, can't get that tune out of my head...:pac: i find myself singing along with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Those shitty smart arse local pub ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

Harvey Norman all the way. I don't need to have cheap deals shouted at me by a lunatic over my morning coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

Munchies.

Open a corporate account and a patronising bogger will give you two - yes that's right, two free sandwiches!

Fúck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

stovelid wrote: »
    Those shitty smart arse local pub ones.

There was one on Cork's 96fm a few years ago for the Flying Enterprise which boasted that 'we have our own chef' :confused:

Who else's chef would they have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭8mv

The fcuking ad for that fcuking play about the comical emnity between Rangers and Celtic fans.

("I'm no a billy, he's a tim" - thanks to stumpypeeps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

What about that weird Munchies ad on newstalk? Is that a man or a woman inviting us to become a corporate friend or whatever.........so scarey:confused:

LOL yeah it's that bogger woman who used to do ads for the National "Consooooooomer Agency". Got, she really plays on the oh so earnest , salt of the earth bogger accent!

She's completely unsuited to that munchies ad, like as if a middle aged Irish woman works there :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

The voiceover artist with the meath/louth accent that does EVERY ad at the moment.Can't stand his voice, whats the attraction?

The ads during the ads by Tom Dunne reminding us all that his show now starts at 10 instead of 9.

OK Tom, I think we all get the message now.

You're on at 10 yeah...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

The voiceover artist with the meath/louth accent that does EVERY ad at the moment.Can't stand his voice, whats the attraction?
    The bloke that does the Mawatan Sports ads?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Munchies. Open a corporate account and a patronising bogger will give you two - yes that's right, two free sandwiches!

Out in the country us boggers would like two free sandwiches... particularly a big bogger Ploughman's :D Two sandwiches would keep me full til I head home laher with da cows an ate a big plate of spuds..

I think it's voiced by Ruth McCabe, who has a particularly distinguishing voice..

• Advertisement

el diablo wrote: »
    The bloke that does the Mawatan Sports ads?

more than likely, if its an ad on the radio, then yes its probably him. he also does the permanent tsb ads between matt coopers show on today fm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

more than likely, if its an ad on the radio, then yes its probably him. he also does the permanent tsb ads between matt coopers show on today fm
    Ah ok, it's a different bloke. The bloke I'm talking about advertises football trips to Liverpool for Marathon Sports in a Cavan or Louth accent.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

The Garmin Locate (or lo gate?not sure) where the elderly woman is giving bad country directions. Although its obviously not a granny, but a south county dublin twenty something trying to imitate a granny. could garmin not have done it properly and cast this properly?Would work alot better

The Garmin Locate (or lo gate?not sure) where the elderly woman is giving bad country directions.

yeah have to agree, this is the one I hate the most at the moment.. I hope Garmin go out of business, HATE the b*st*rds..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

I truly truly hate the sound of your man who does permanent tsb ads . Squeeze ha-chourdingly to get cheap honey! I dont know what it is about the voice is it a put on phoney accent! If not where on earth is he from? How does someone end up talking like that?

There are many more that irritate me but not got the time right now for am epic rant!

thalia_13 wrote: »
    I truly truly hate the sound of your man who does permanent tsb ads . Squeeze ha-chourdingly to get cheap honey! I dont know what it is about the voice is it a put on phoney accent! If not where on earth is he from? How does someone end up talking like that?

Spectacularly unfunny series of ads. How anyone paid good money for them is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭8mv

Probably been mentioned before,but that Newstalk ad about "how to get your business to do the business" I actually find it offensive. I like Moncrieffes as a presenter, but as a voice-over he's really annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

That ad for the anti-IBS medicine where the woman leaves voicemail messages on someones phone where she says she's had "bloating and spasms" all day... if anyone left me voicemail like that they'd be deleted from my contacts quick smart!!

I heard that damn Coco Pops ad this morning with the singing kids. Still going through my head nearly a day later! :mad:

Not a specific ad per se... but any ad in which one voice says what the ad is all about and then another voice chimes in with "THATS RIGHT!!!..." and then proceeds to pretty-much repeat the whole lot just to shove it down my throat... they've been annoying me recently.

Surely you can fill your 30 seconds more easily than that...

i hear the McDonalds ads are back on the radio again, SCOOOOOOORE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Any add with the guy who does the voice over for Strepsils on the TV.

And the guy has done loads. I always remember one he did for SCHUPERMACKS!

For crying out loud, who actively looks out to employ him?

wellboy76 wrote: »
    Any add with the guy who does the voice over for Strepsils on the TV.

And the guy has done loads. I always remember one he did for SCHUPERMACKS!

For crying out loud, who actively looks out to employ him?

Just a stab in the dark here but I'm guessing, eh, Strepsils and "SCHPERMACKS!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

It is not as if they would make the ads themselves smartyhole! :D

I am on about whoever makes the ads

It is a bloody awful ad alright.

Up there with that bollix Oul Mr Brennan and his friggin sliced pans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

"Live Life Love Bread":mad:

Fcuk off. You're obviously not a bread lover if you think mass produced white shíte counts as bread...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

Oh God, not a chance of me reading all of the previous posts but the ads I hate the most are by a certain voice over lady. For some reason her radio voice annoys the hell out of me. I suppose it sounds kinda smug. She's on practically all the FM104 ads & a few 98FM. I nearly cracked up one night as she had 4 ads in a row! Also she doesn't know how to pronounce Lidl.

Anywho she does the Cosmedico (?) ads and a million more. I think she was Robin in Fair City. Everytime I hear her ads I want to fling the radio out the window.

/RANT - I feel so much better now for getting that out of my system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

wyrn wrote: »
    Oh God, not a chance of me reading all of the previous posts but the ads I hate the most are by a certain voice over lady. For some reason her radio voice annoys the hell out of me. I suppose it sounds kinda smug. She's on practically all the FM104 ads & a few 98FM. I nearly cracked up one night as she had 4 ads in a row! Also she doesn't know how to pronounce Lidl.

Anywho she does the Cosmedico (?) ads and a million more. I think she was Robin in Fair City. Everytime I hear her ads I want to fling the radio out the window.

/RANT - I feel so much better now for getting that out of my system.
    Is this the one who used to veronicas mobiles or something like that? First ad I heard her in and she's driven my batty ever since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

The RTE adds trying to encourage/frighten us to buy our TV licence...they persist with variations on the dialogue between the inspector and the sponger...and none of them work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That foolish City and Guilds ad, did an commercial ever sound so laboured and obvious.

mike65 wrote: »
    That foolish City and Guilds ad, did an commercial ever sound so laboured and obvious.

same as the Irish Management Institute ad .... "Ian's a spanner.. etc etc"...

I would seriously think twice about approaching either of these institutions about furthering my education giving that they could produce such stupid ads..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

That no nonsense.ie ad with the hysterical woman getting excited about horsepower ' oh that's a lot of horses' she shrieks . Terrible.

That no nonsense.ie ad with the hysterical woman getting excited about horsepower ' oh that's a lot of horses' she shrieks . Terrible.

have to disagree, think its a great set of ads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I hate the new Lotto ad, the one with the woman saying she'd strap a load of honey to her back and run up a mountain making bear mating calls... have to run for the off button before she actually makes the mating calls otherwise I'll throw up....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

• Just a nob love? NO! awwwwwhhhhhhhhh
    • and I meant at work ya eejit! SCOOOOOOOORE!

Anything with Phil Cawley. You can actually hear the smile on his face: "Your national concert station 100 - 102 Today FM"

Those new RTE Player ads are awful... "Tubs is really pulling it out of the bag"... no he's not he's crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

I'm sure its been done to death on this thread but the Wardrobe Elegance ads are back on Newstalk. Gawd Love her but the singer is brutal, totally flat. and the song itself is awful too.

For a while last year they had that and "8-20-20" going back to back all day, nearly drove me mad and ended up with me changing the station a lot as well.

Kildare Village, yet again.

Old Mr Brennan, yet again.

The latest one for Barry's Tea is pretty grating too. You can hear her shee-ite eating grin all the way through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

The latest one for Barry's Tea is pretty grating too. You can hear her shee-ite eating grin all the way through it.

Was just coming in here to post about that wan and her Teeeeeeeea. I'd say there's that much botox holding that grin up she has to drink her teeeeea through a straw...

RTÉ player ads too. Horrible.

11890's current ad features the line "no former Taoiseach was harmed in the making of this commercial" .. however, that's the only line in the ad that's spoken by the deValera impersonator .. so it doesn't really make much sense. FAIL! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,049 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Mr E wrote: »
    One ad that makes me change the station (and there hasn't really been one like that for a while) is the one for some management training course or something like that. A woman asks her male colleagues about a course. One guy says he hasn't been near a classroom for years, the next guy says he likes to rely on his natural leadership ability, etc.

You must mean his natural leadership instincts ;) I agree with what you say about that particular ad.

The one that really pees me off is the one for postphone. It has a man and a woman bickering, with her asking him what did he get the phone for or what is he doing with the phone etc... I'd love to bang their heads together.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement