Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Col200sx wrote: »
    Ah man that stupid bird singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" in that stupid accent, for the Nissan Juke I think?

The way she sings it makes me want to punch the radio :mad:

That sounds like Feist! She's a class act all the way but have to agree, thats a really annoying version of twinkle twinkle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

That new mi wadi ad. With your wan who i assume is meant to sound like joan burton! Oh sweet baby jesus i wanted to kick the dashboard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

That Pat the Baker Ad that does be on i105 wrecks me head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Katherine Lynch's ad - Martina Navratalooooooooova. Jesus H tapdancing Christ I want to strangle that no-talent ass clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Drackedie

neris wrote: »
    that repak ad with fergal quinn thanking us for recycling does my head in. he sounds like a patronising old fart who thinks hes above everyone else in society

Yes indeed, he is a patronising old fart!

Had a runin with a manager over a product in SuperQuinn many years ago and sent Ferfal Quinn a letter about it.

Fair enough he replied but made out that it was all his fault for not training the managers properly blah, blah, blah - it was really patronising. What I really wanted was to know that the stuck-up annoying git of a manager - who took ages to come down from his high and mighty perch of an office to see me - actually got an arse-kicking.

Phew. Rant Over!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

The ad for that university, Maynooth I think. “There’s a spot just west of the arts building, when the sun hits it it’s like Bali. And its there, that anthropology can take on a new meaning.” (not 100% accurate)

Very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

"But I love shopping dot aye eee!"

F*ck. Off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Wertz wrote: »
    "But I love shopping dot aye eee!"

F*ck. Off.
    its not even very good as an advert. Given the syntax of the rest of the ad I was assuming the site was shopping.ie not iloveetc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Enjoyed the ad for some music store on Nova this morning... some aul wan parents complaining about their young fella being a death metal star. Decent stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"These days people are more likely to paint a politician red, than paint the town red"..

I'd say some marketing lad thought he was a brilliant lad when he thought that up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

"These days people are more likely to paint a politician red, than paint the town red"..

I'd say some marketing lad thought he was a brilliant lad when he thought that up...

"It's sooo up to the minute, loike!" :D

And duly out of date the next day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

justmobile.ie ads, wow really terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

The ad at the moment for an off licence with a very poor Bill Cullen saying 'taste it you're hired'. Must have played it every ad break this evening - makes no sense at all, talk about shoe-horn a connection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

el diablo wrote: »
    Not as bad as the one they had on last year. "Are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet?" and "sure everyone loves a goat". :rolleyes:

Yes...in the abattoir, with a bit of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭optogirl

delaad wrote: »
    Yes...in the abattoir, with a bit of luck

To faaaaaht-alise the soil with ou-ah man-u-ah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭8mv

The ad I hate is the one for Roberts internet radio - two annoying goons tormenting me with infantile alliteration. I do, however, like the goat in the Bothar ads.

8mv wrote: »
    The ad I hate is the one for Roberts internet radio - two annoying goons tormenting me with infantile alliteration.

God that guy with the croaky voice... I'd love to get a thump at him..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

This is that same guy that does the iloveshopping.ie and the the MaccyD's ad and I'm pretty sure he does another car apart from the volvo one and has done lots of other work in the past...

Thing is...what the hell kind of accent is that? Does the fella have a speech impediment or something? Seriously bad voiceover...I know personally the minute I hear his tone and mispronounced vowels, I mentally switch off.

On topic: new round of kildare village ads....I thought we'd got rid of the yank but no, she still has to chime in at the end. Like omg shouldn't you be off in NYC shopping or something babes?

[edit] Oh how could I have forgotten the simply terrible eMobile ads...
    "Meet Wertz: he's head of pointing out the flaws in our increasingly desparate range of smug post modern radio ads....and what he's pointed out is very smug and desparate."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I do, however, like the goat in the Bothar ads.

No. Everytime I hear that Bothar ad I run to turn off the radio.

Annoying the first time I heard it, and it gets worse every time it's on.

Hate it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

I do, however, like the goat in the Bothar ads.

Really? I might understand someone being indifferent to it, but how can you actually like it?

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

That Neil Delamare charity ad is really annoying me now. Cant rememeber the charity but if anyone ever gave me the present of a goat for Africa id kill them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

There is a new all time worst Radio ad and of course it's on Newstalk.

BingBongs.ie

Aside from the fact that the product is completely ridiculous, the ad is just terrible, all over the place and crass to go with it, Gonads and a terrible double entendre, its just awful.

Gonads and a terrible double entendre, its just awful.

Just heard it.. Are they allowed to use that word???
    Awful ad...another to ad to the collection..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

The "santa bear" one that's a bastardisation of "JingleBells". I'm all for supporting charities but that ad puts me right off! Can't even remember what it's for at this stage as I always reach for the off button when I hear that man's annoying voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭matrixroyal

Current National Irish Bank ad on Newstalk.
    Nothing against people with speech impediments but why put them on a radio ad with lost of s and sh words and make it a really long ad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Lassiecomehome

coonecb1 wrote: »
    Really? I might understand someone being indifferent to it, but how can you actually like it?

:confused:

If you listen to the goat as if he's being sarcastic through the whole ad it's pretty funny. When the camel says 'And we faaaaartiliiiise the soil with our manuurrre' and the the goat deadpans 'right', love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Aglomerado wrote: »
    The "santa bear" one that's a bastardisation of "JingleBells". I'm all for supporting charities but that ad puts me right off! Can't even remember what it's for at this stage as I always reach for the off button when I hear that man's annoying voice.

Ah, that's Simon Young. Leave him alone... he's a radio legend! :P

It's a charity drive... you buy a Santa Bear and it helps the Central Remedial Clinic... http://www.crc.ie/fund_san.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

What about "Apache Pizza, happy days" in a "Red Indian" voice?

What were they on when this was created?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

Bard wrote: »
    Ah, that's Simon Young. Leave him alone... he's a radio legend! :P

It's a charity drive... you buy a Santa Bear and it helps the Central Remedial Clinic... http://www.crc.ie/fund_san.shtml

Thought that was Ronan Collins ?

+1 with the persil "and then i painted myself green to become invisible" ad. Its on every, and i mean every, goddamn todayfm ad break. I'm usually not one for punching kids but.............

Oh wait, Heckler's right... it certainly is Mr. Collins! Fine... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

If you listen to the goat as if he's being sarcastic through the whole ad it's pretty funny. When the camel says 'And we faaaaartiliiiise the soil with our manuurrre' and the the goat deadpans 'right', love it.

Although it's subjective and everyone's entitled to their opinion etc, I just have to say no, you're wrong on this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I have to say I think the absolute worst ads of all time are from Eurocycles Eurobabies. They have a history of terrible advertising imo and now they have their absolutely despicable cover of Queen's "Bicycle Race" that I keep hearing on Nova. I leg it across the room sometimes just to turn it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Citroen and their "Did you know that it's over a decade since Father Ted???"
    What? What has the passage of time since the airing of a TV sitcom got to do with car sales?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mimjoke

Heckler wrote: »

+1 with the persil "and then i painted myself green to become invisible" ad. Its on every, and i mean every, goddamn todayfm ad break. I'm usually not one for punching kids but.............

Hi Heckler,
    I am sorry you do not like that ad. first of all I hope you are talking about the ad I have in mind. Is it the one where the little girl makes up a story about all the things she's done and then another boy asks her
    "why are you so clean, then?"
    If so, please, please, please let me know how I can find that ad on the web. the name of the brand or something.

Thank you very much,
    mimjoke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mimjoke

Heckler wrote: »

Heckler please!!!

please! how can I find that ad on the web??
    it is the one where the little girl makes up that story about all what she's done'¿?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

The one Christmas themed ad I actually like is back.
    The Barry's one about the train set. It'd warm the cockles of any scrooge.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

C14N wrote: »
    I have to say I think the absolute worst ads of all time are from Eurocycles Eurobabies.

Never heard of them (or the ad) but what a weird name for a company. :eek:

Is there really such a crowd?

What do they sell - Recycled babies for a euro ?:confused:

Lapin wrote: »

They used to be a bicycle shop called "Eurocycles".. Then they started selling baby accessories such as buggies, etc. and became "Eurocycles & Eurobabies". Silly name perhaps, but there you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭thisisadamh

Is it just me or does anyone else think the "Roses - Hamper" ad is the most annoying ad on radio during Christmas. I hear that ad and die a little inside. It is so annoying and they dont think to change it. Please remove that ad off the face of the earth.

Mmmm, I might be over reacting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

i totally agree with you its ultimate verbal diarrhea

oh i fúcking hate that BOTHÁR ad too and it's in irish too and on telly it's very irritating

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah no its the Barry ad that wins the award many people seem to think (even a fan like me is rather damned bored of it at this stage I have to say).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

mike65 wrote: »
    Ah no its the Barry ad that wins the award many people seem to think (even a fan like me is rather damned bored of it at this stage I have to say).

I don't get why everyone likes that ad so much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭thisisadamh

I would not mind if they changed the ads each year but they just have the same ****e ones year after year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

oh i fúcking hate that BOTHÁR ad too

As advertising goes it cant be very effective.

They have ads on the radio in Northern Ireland too soliciting contributions via their website.

Thing is how many people in NI would actually know how to spell the URL for said website given that the majority of people (regardless of whether they attended a "Controlled" "Maintained" or "Integrated" school) here wouldnt have studied Irish/Gaelic ?

Even in the Republic a lot of people would have gone to school outside the state (or would barely remember what the word meant letalone how to spell it)

Seriously it would be easier for many people to find the site if they just gave out its IP address !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

That Barry's ad about the dad buying the train set for the kids on Christmas 3.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    They have ads on the radio in Northern Ireland too soliciting contributions via their website.

Thing is how many people in NI would actually know how to spell the URL for said website given that the majority of people (regardless of whether they attended a "Controlled" "Maintained" or "Integrated" school) here wouldnt have studied Irish/Gaelic ?

Even in the Republic a lot of people would have gone to school outside the state (or would barely remember what the word meant letalone how to spell it)

oops i spelled it wrong :D

BÓTHAR :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭Cole

It's definitely that awful Barry's ad. "Turn the moment gold" me arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Is it just me or does anyone else think the "Roses - Hamper" ad is the most annoying ad on radio during Christmas. I hear that ad and die a little inside. It is so annoying and they dont think to change it. Please remove that ad off the face of the earth.

Mmmm, I might be over reacting

NO , the most annoying add on radio is the one for bothar , calf keeps asking his mum ( cow ) are we there yet !
    are we there yet
    are we there yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

mimjoke wrote: »
    Heckler please!!!

please! how can I find that ad on the web??
    it is the one where the little girl makes up that story about all what she's done'¿?'

It's an ad for a washing up liquid. I think it's Percil but it might be Fairy or one of the other ones. Why are you so concerned?
    Lapin wrote: »

Lol unfortunately not. I thought the very same thing when I first heard the ads in summer (back then they just had an annoying dance sort of theme with a guy shouting "Eurocycles Eurobabies" in between some twonk copying the fella from Harvey Norman). It's a really strange business to be in but rest assured I shall neither be buying bikes or baby goods from them.
    xxyyzz wrote: »
    That Barry's ad about the dad buying the train set for the kids on Christmas 3.gif

Rofl, it is getting a bit old. When I first heard it however many years ago I thought "ah that's nice". I started getting annoyed by it before Christmas of the same year and now it's on every year:rolleyes: I wish they would just write a new story or something, can't be that hard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Nah, it has to be "Bing Bongs"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement