Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

I'm so excited camel and the train set one make me switch channel every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

i totally agree with you its ultimate verbal diarrhea

oh i fúcking hate that BOTHÁR ad too and it's in irish too and on telly it's very irritating

I can't stand that frakking goat, makes me want to have some goat stew, his voice is so irritating
    irishh_bob wrote: »
    NO , the most annoying add on radio is the one for bothar , calf keeps asking his mum ( cow ) are we there yet !
    are we there yet
    are we there yet

That's not a calf, it's that fecking goat with it's annoying culchie voice
    Joe10000 wrote: »
    I'm so excited camel and the train set one make me switch channel every time.

The train set makes me want an old-fashioned train set, look on the bright side, at least yer man in the train ad doesn't have an annoying bogger accent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

xxyyzz wrote: »
    That Barry's ad about the dad buying the train set for the kids on Christmas 3.gif

I quite like that one, but I like your emoticon even more! :D

Is it just me or does anyone else think the "Roses - Hamper" ad is the most annoying ad on radio during Christmas. I hear that ad and die a little inside. It is so annoying and they dont think to change it. Please remove that ad off the face of the earth.

Mmmm, I might be over reacting

Nope. You are not over-reacting. I've been racing for the off button regularly since early November, when I first heard that sh!t. I hate the word "hamper" thanks to that ad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Is it just me or does anyone else think the "Roses - Hamper" ad is the most annoying ad on radio during Christmas. I hear that ad and die a little inside. It is so annoying and they dont think to change it. Please remove that ad off the face of the earth.

Mmmm, I might be over reacting

I agree. What I really hate is them trying to brand themselves as "an old favourite" like they're an essential part of Christmas. I've never seen or heard of these yokes outside of the annoying adverts on the radio and it's beyond me why someone would buy the cards in the first place. If I ever bought scratch cards, I'd want the one that lets you get €20,000 or a spot on Winning Streak or whatever, Roses are a bit crap, and a hamper isn't particularly exciting either. It just seems to exist because it's apparently traditional in some way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mimjoke

C14N wrote: »
    It's an ad for a washing up liquid. I think it's Percil but it might be Fairy or one of the other ones. Why are you so concerned?

because I wanna get it. I love it and I want to record it. but everytime I'm listening to the radio online and it comes up, i doesnt give enough time to record it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I have one six little word for Twink.

RETIRE

Please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

The smug up your own hole ad from arnotts.

C14N wrote: »
    I agree. What I really hate is them trying to brand themselves as "an old favourite" like they're an essential part of Christmas. I've never seen or heard of these yokes outside of the annoying adverts on the radio and it's beyond me why someone would buy the cards in the first place. If I ever bought scratch cards, I'd want the one that lets you get €20,000 or a spot on Winning Streak or whatever, Roses are a bit crap, and a hamper isn't particularly exciting either. It just seems to exist because it's apparently traditional in some way.

Aye, Roses are crap now, they're not even made from real chocolate, it's some sort of soy stuff instead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Bjorn Bored.

Are we there yet

Are we there yet

Are we there yet

REALLY COW?

Now I dont know about you lot but that goat sounds EXACTLY and I mean EXACTLY like an over excited Roy Keane to me, infact I actually believe it is him,too much of a co-incidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

The UNICEF ad:

"Awkward.com" ?

"Giftsers in hand" ?

Fcuk off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

"Awkward.com" ?

Yeah I was going to post about that. Awful. She actually pronounces it wrong too - Orrrkward.

There is an ad for some sightloss crowd, with people saying things like "I can watch TV, with my ears", and "I can read a book, with my fingers".

No offense to people suffering from sight loss, but you could have some fun with that format if you wanted. Like "I can play the piano, with my teeth". :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Mr E wrote: »
    No offense to people suffering from sight loss, but you could have some fun with that format if you wanted. Like "I can play the piano, with my teeth". :)

Hendrix could play the guitar with his teeth
    14671148462.jpg

Under no circumstances will any of my hard earned cash ever end up in the tills of Apache Pizza as long as that bloody ad continues to pollute the airwaves.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

'If your friend was having a heart attack, would you help them?"

What sort of a stupid fking question is that? No I wouldn't.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The ad with that gob****e roaring stupid football chants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 rah

"so I love shopping.ie!"

GO AWAY!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

Craig Doyle and his UPC ads on Newstalk today.

I remember him bleating about the hard time he got in England when he started on BBC because he reckoned the English didn't want an Irishman fronting their sports show.

Perhaps, Craig, it was more the case that they didn't want a talentless, non-entity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

The new Apache Pizza ad on Newstalk is very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

"BlackandYellowBlackandYelllowBlackandYellow... I'm saying black and yellow so it will get stuck in your head, those are the colours of our company" Why don't you f*ck off and do something less crude than trying to jam your brand into someone's head. I don't even remember what the ad is for, just that there is some annoying twat trying to get something stuck in my head.

Also, the Elephant Storage "hotel for your goods". The voiceover guy sounds very annoying and why anyone would want a "hotel for their goods" is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    "BlackandYellowBlackandYelllowBlackandYellow... I'm saying black and yellow so it will get stuck in your head, those are the colours of our company" Why don't you f*ck off and do something less crude than trying to jam your brand into someone's head. I don't even remember what the ad is for, just that there is some annoying twat trying to get something stuck in my head.

Hales Freight. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Dub Ste

It's not one particular ad that makes me want to explode,but a whole slew of them on Nova,the ones using that eejit Courtney,he has the most annoying voice possible,just make it stop,someone tell him he's shiiiite..please:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭cml387

The new Non nonsense insurance ad, this time for house insurance.

"a sycamore tree,oh the devil's cabbage.In the first storm that tree will be wandering through your house like a leafy ogre".

Brilliant.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

This new ad for Volkswagon annoys me. Some wagon (ah-ha) rings Volkswagon to tell them there’s been a misprint on their posters. In what parallel universe does this ad exist? To compound it’s annoyingness I think the woman is the same one who does the ad for TV licences “I told you to buy my lottery ticket when you went to the shops”; which is equally irritating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Stuck for stocking fillers? Christmas present crisis?

Something about his voice really ticks me off - especially when Newstalk just had to play it every few minutes.

[American accent]: "You go to Kildare village, you see that little black dress you've always wanted, it's 60% off! You try it on... it's fits! You ejaculate on the spot....."

Firstly, I don't go to Kildare village, because I have been there twice and both times I have established that there's nothing in it but sh1te.
    Secondly there's a reason there's 60% off and that reason was addressed in my first point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

fabbydabby wrote: »
    [American accent]: "You go to Kildare village, you see that little black dress you've always wanted, it's 60% off! You try it on... it's fits! You ejaculate on the spot....."

Firstly, I don't go to Kildare village, because I have been there twice and both times I have established that there's nothing in it but sh1te.
    Secondly there's a reason there's 60% off and that reason was addressed in my first point.

I hate those ads too. It sounds like they're really trying to cash in on the popularity of stuff like Desperate Housewives and Sex in The City by getting a voice actor who sounds like they belong in one of them. Seems to really stereotype women too.

There's that MIA advert as well. Why is there an Irish guy talking with a fake American accent in that? Do advertising agencies think we suddenly love Americans?

On a lighter note, my old nemesis, Eurocycles Eurobabies have changed their ways. The newest ad openly says that they were persuaded by friends, family and customers to not be annoying anymore. It's sort of an average ad now but at least I'm no longer smashing the radio in frustration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

those new meteor ads where the people are meant to be making phone calls to friends abroad. the person makingt the phone call sounds like a stereo typical dumb ass backward culchie

Those ads for eircoms music website are really ****ing annoying :mad::mad: two idiots speaking songs in posh/shakespere acting voices. make me cringe and want to smash the radio. Are voice artists really stcuk so bad for work now a days that they do this muck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Tilestyle ads making constant reference to their apperance on the Apprentice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,747 ✭✭✭squonk

That ad encouraging you to visit your GP to help you quit smoking with the absolute tool singing some song starting with 'this is one I wrote for all you smokers our there'. God it could only possibly be worse if he did a crap Jay-Z impression. You'd almost have to take up smoking to calm yourself after hearing the ****e!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

fabbydabby wrote: »
    'If your friend was having a heart attack, would you help them?"

What sort of a stupid fking question is that? No I wouldn't.

What if they were DEPRESSSSSED?

Can't stand that ad!

It makes me depressed.

Eircom are really annoying me this week. That pox Jim has a new mate Tim in his new ad. Eircom need a new advertising agency

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

The add for the new home nations tournament.

It begins with

"The stars are coming to town"

subsequently followed by the naming of these stars

"Darren Fletcher, Johnny Evans..... Haha. Just awful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Em eh eh em eh eh em ah ah em eh eh eh eh am em eh eh ah eh eh...

Ford Fiesta.

Yeah, I don't get it either. Advertising people proving once again that they are definitely not worth the money they are paid.

jor el wrote: »
    Em eh eh em eh eh em ah ah em eh eh eh eh am em eh eh ah eh eh...Ford Fiesta.

absolutely HATE this... seems like the only purpose marketing people have these days is to annoy the fcuk out of people...

Those Joan Burton road accident ones were really creepy, I'm glad they stopped them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Dj

That new Charleville Cheese ad with some old bag going on about some council meeting about cutting the crust off bread, really annoys me. Any one agree?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,747 ✭✭✭squonk

Nova have some awful ads. Most annoying is ome vacuous D4 bint yammering on about how she got her baps augmented in some clinic and about how their after op care was 'like, reee-aaa-llyyyy amazing!'. Talk about the Celtic Tiger being alive and well in these people's minds. There'd be medical grounds in some cases for reduction procedures. Sickening!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

neris wrote: »
    Those ads for eircoms music website are really ****ing annoying :mad::mad: two idiots speaking songs in posh/shakespere acting voices. make me cringe and want to smash the radio. Are voice artists really stcuk so bad for work now a days that they do this muck

Absolutely! To make it worse, one of them has been adjusted according to political correctness, to exclude the word "n*gger".

The problem is, all I can think about when I hear that ad is that they've left out the n-word.

Which kind if defeats the whole purpose of the ad in the first place.

Just use a different bloody song you morons! :mad:

Dj wrote: »
    That new Charleville Cheese ad with some old bag going on about some council meeting about cutting the crust off bread, really annoys me. Any one agree?
    its just as annoying and stupid as their tv ad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Don't know about everybody but, Harvey Norman ads, the voice over does my fu*king head in with all that shouting he does.

Also those ads on "Diamond Living" or something. Just the cheesey little jingle!

"Hi, I'm Brenda Sweeny,
    And I smoked for 21 years
    "

Good for you Brenda.

Now fúck off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 romeoandleia

black & yellow
    hate it

Eircom are really pi55ing me off this week with their ads. Another stupid one today some fella singing somthing like super frank over and over and then being told hes a chelsea fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

INSUREDOTIE, INSUREDOTIE, THERE'S A WAY TO BE INSURED WITH INSUREDOTIE!

I hate you Newstalk ads.

I hate you Newstalk ads.

That 11890 ad with "Eddie Hobbs" makes me put my fist through the radio..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Have people heard the latest ads for Sunday World and Sunday Tribune?

Both with journalists with concerned voices stating how they will follow up what happened with Michaela Harte murder.

Sunday World claiming to reveal Mauritius' Dark Side and Sunday Tribune claiming to investigate question on "everyones lips, is the killer still out there?"

Find these both ridiculous and milking a tragic incident that can happen in any country.

A couple of years ago a Swiss teenage girl was murdered in Galway but did not mean that Ireland had a dark side.

Find both ads highly offensive as attempts to make money out of a tragedy before the victim is even buried!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

"Hi, I'm Brenda Sweeny,
    And I smoked for 21 years."

she reminds me of the car crash woman for some reason.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement