Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

"But I love shopping dot aye ee!"
    :mad:

Oh and the recycled Kildare Village ad, with yer wan rattling off the names on her list...could you be any more smug love?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭squonk

Wertz wrote: »
    "But I love shopping dot aye ee!"

Oh and the recycled Kildare Village ad, with yer wan rattling off the names on her list...could you be any more smug love?

Some people in commerce seem to think the Celctic tiger is still alive and well judging by ads like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

1890 2222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222

Pat Shortt... YOU ARE A FUNKING SELL OUT!!!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Lyons tea with their i used to go to the euro qualifiers, blah blah, the old lansdowne road...soccer soccer soccer dear listeners, definitely not rugby.

f*ck off the bangwagon, it's full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

f*ck off the bangwagon, it's full.

And the wheels are gona fall off it next july

Charity ads for animals, school books etc are getting too much now that you wouldnt even know which charity is advertising the ad

Just heard an add on todayfm for a blink 182 concert telling how blink 182 were "the band that defined a generation" dont know what generation their talking about but reckon most people couldnt even name 1 blink 182 song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Has anyone heard the new licence fee ones. The one I've heard is the one about ways not to pay your licence fee., one of them is carrier pigeon.That's grand but your man doing the add starts having a conversation with the bloody pigeon. For the love of Jesus and santy.

Repak ads with fergal quinn. smug patronising little man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,451 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Has anyone heard the new licence fee ones. The one I've heard is the one about ways not to pay your licence fee., one of them is carrier pigeon.That's grand but your man doing the add starts having a conversation with the bloody pigeon. For the love of Jesus and santy.

I like that ad... :o

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The one for Aviva that features screaming brats. F*ck off :mad:

Ad for blackrock clinic emergrncy department with extended opening hours from 9am-6pm monday to saturday. Stupidity

"A coooooat? No a goooooat..."

"A coooooat? No a goooooat..."

I like that ad too :o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I don't mind it either, tbh :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

The sickly sweet Vodafone "Christmas Voicemail" messages are starting to grate a bit.

The most melodramatic, sacharine messages. I know it's Christmas but we are not living in a Hollywood movie :rolleyes:

coonecb1 wrote: »
    The sickly sweet Vodafone "Christmas Voicemail" messages are starting to grate a bit.

The most melodramatic, sacharine messages. I know it's Christmas but we are not living in a Hollywood movie :rolleyes:

Cringeworthy crap especially the ones withw the baby whose meant to speak and the father going on about his kids in australia and all the people whove left ireland

Millionaire raffle National lottery ad, with yer wan and the bear "...and why are we whispering?" ...what the hell does any of this have to do with a lottery? Go away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭Patser

Millionaire raffle National lottery ad, with yer wan and the bear "...and why are we whispering?" ...what the hell does any of this have to do with a lottery? Go away.

'You're six time more likely to win on Millionaire than be attacked by a bear'

Is there many bleeding Bear attacks in Ireland these day:eek: Maybe Your Wan on the No Nonsense ads offering cover for Bear Attacks in the general Cavan area was onto something - 'You know, Gentle Ben but not so gentle wired out of it on honeycomb':) That's a good ad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

squonk wrote: »
    Some people in commerce seem to think the Celctic tiger is still alive and well judging by ads like that.

The point of Kildare Village is that you can buy branded stuff at a big discount from the prices in most shops. I still hate the ads but it's very much aware of people having less money these days.
    Patser wrote: »
    'You're six time more likely to win on Millionaire than be attacked by a bear'

Is there many bleeding Bear attacks in Ireland these day:eek:

Probably. I think its a clever twist on the statistics most people give about how unlikely you are to win the lotto though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭cwgatling

neris wrote: »
    Cringeworthy crap especially the ones withw the baby whose meant to speak and the father going on about his kids in australia and all the people whove left ireland

Just heard the baby one and it made me want to puke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Just heard the happy christmas grandad one.
    Barf.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

There's one on at the moment for a mobile phone recycling scheme (I think) that's amazingly bad. I don't know what voice the voice over guy is trying to do, groovy hippy or something. Then this strange German accent comes in that sounds like Claus from American Dad - not sure what that's about. And the coup de grace is what sounds like the main theme from Jurassic Park fades in. It's on Newstalk all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

ANY ad with Tomas O'Suilleabhain doing the vo makes me feel a mixture of rage and nausea.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

The current ad reminding us, the patient, not to be prescribing antibiotics to ourselves.

I thought the doctor had the prescription pad and not the patient.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

What really happened to "goat"..

What really happened to "goat"..

He bloody well deserves it.. :mad:

The best one has to be where yer man actually leaves a message on the answering machine telling his ma or someone that he's outside. (As he knocks the front door getting no reply.) With the dozy music in the background.

Vodafone- keep your SH1T ideas of a warm and cuddly Christmas ad to yourselves next year, these ones make the skin crawl. FAIL 2011 Christmas Campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The current ad reminding us, the patient, not to be prescribing antibiotics to ourselves.

I thought the doctor had the prescription pad and not the patient.............

Patients often demand "a script" for something, ANYTHING or else they feel short-changed by the consultation. We don't have branded placebos available here yet, unfortunately :pac:

MYOB wrote: »
    Patients often demand "a script" for something, ANYTHING or else they feel short-changed by the consultation. We don't have branded placebos available here yet, unfortunately :pac:

Over prescription of antibiotics is caused by doctors though, so the ad should be aimed doctors imo. They are paid quite well _to allow a few minutes to explain the problem!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Over prescription of antibiotics is caused by doctors though, so the ad should be aimed doctors imo. They are paid quite well _to allow a few minutes to explain the problem!

Its mostly medical card patients who demand, and your average medical card patient nets a GP 50 quid *a year*, and turns up 9 times.

6 quid a go may be why they hand over scripts to get rid of people...

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

Not so much the ad per se (Airport Genie) as the little twerp doing the voiceover. I think he's also in the Bothar ad and I'm fairly certain he did one for McDonald's a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Drackedie

Heard a Penneys "got a whole lot of things for Christmas" ad on TodayFM this morning. Haven't heard one in years. It was great - makes me feel like Christmas IS actually on the way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

Drackedie wrote: »
    Heard a Penneys "got a whole lot of things for Christmas" ad on TodayFM this morning. Haven't heard one in years. It was great - makes me feel like Christmas IS actually on the way!

I HATED that ad when I was a kid, I would have been raging if all my Christmas presents had come from Penneys!

Leopardstown xmas festival. Pretentious celtic tiger vanity watching a load of midgets on painted zebras

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

Leopardstown xmas festival. Pretentious celtic tiger vanity watching a load of midgets on painted zebras

so is your issue with the ad or the people who are enjoying themselves doing what they like to do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

That fúcking Supervalu ad that was played ENDLESSLY this evening on Today FM during The Last Word. :(
    So bad that I switched over to Hook.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

I like the Axa Christmas ad they've had for the last few years.

Naff christmas music in the background, while a corporate drone thanks the loyal customers for their support, using a really boring middle-management voice.

So bad, it's actually good :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Hiawog

Any ad that resorts to imitating David Attenborough. It was done in the 70's, 80's, 90's and the noughties and is now a concept so tired that ad agencies who resort to it should be fined for barrell scraping. Indeed, any company who believe this to be a good idea for their product's advertisement should be boycotted.

The current kit-kat ad is bad for being an 'Attenborough' ad, worse for being a weak and lame 'Attenborough' ad and it receives the Golden Turkey award for being the worst imitation of Attenborough ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Post phone add:

Get a new mobile for 20 lids

Fcuk off

Col200sx wrote: »
    Post phone add:

Fcuk off

But you can get a flip phone for flipping €20!

Col200sx wrote: »
    Post phone add:

Fcuk off

Horrible isn't it... between that and sammy sausages, I've taken to just muting the radio at every ad break, if it's within reach.

Kildare village, bothar, barry's, vodafone...feckin' earache.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Sammy Sausage and that friggin' goat. Up against the wall with them come the revolution!

I notice "goat" making his appalling appeal in Irish recently, and still with that 18-y-o muckers' yodel driving me bananas. Can't Bothar send that fecking thwarth out to Africa along with the livestock, I'm sure they'd find a job for him scaring off buzzards, or perhaps similar sounding hyenas to himself.

...or as bushmeat.

I always thought that was Niall Delamere that did that voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

coonecb1 wrote: »
    I like the Axa Christmas ad they've had for the last few years.

Naff christmas music in the background, while a corporate drone thanks the loyal customers for their support, using a really boring middle-management voice.

So bad, it's actually good :pac:

I was just thinking that when I heard it today, I love it for all the wrong reasons!
    The almost-but-not-quite copyright infringing 'Sleigh Ride' music, with a completely offbeat "...Hi. ...this is John." It's magnificent, probably the only Christmas ad that makes me smile :o

Have to echo the hatred for the schmaltz-dripping Vodafone ads, especially the "I can't come home, oh wait I can!" one. Here's a hint buddy, her phone went to voicemail when she saw your number, and no one ran to answer the door so just piss off back to Australia to pick fruit. :pac:

And of course, Bóthar...
    "I'M SO EXCITED, DO OUR FAMILIES KNOW THAT WE'RE COMING FOR CHRISTMAS?!?!?!"
    "Yes, which is why they're now asylum seekers back in Ireland."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

'The Toy Appeeeal this time of yeeeeear...' Fair play to Tubs et al for getting on board with the folks at SVP but kill the irritating autotune. Please. For the sake of my bleeding ears.

ad on for homeless charity with some scottisg guy. he sounds like his balls are being tightened in a vice

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Diving Board

I will be deliberately donating to a charity other than Bothar this year because of that goat with its constant bloody "are we there yet", and its been going on for a few years now, bad advert!
    Also Marty WTF is this Yakitori glaze of which you speak on the Tesco ads? I suspect you dont even know yourself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,061 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yer man doing the national irish bank ad's voice over kinda piss u off dublin accent, seem to recall he did radio ad's for Peat's a few years back I hate him nearly as much as those crappy Kildare Village ad's and also what's getting on my nerves recently are those home made Vodafone ads with some auld fella more interested in his Christmas Dinner and all the trimmings then the wife!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Why do Bothair persist with using 'goat' year after year? Surely the huge wave of negative feedback nationwide would be enough for them to realize that a change is needed, especially if people are been turned off donating to them purely on the basis that goat is an annoying douche.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement