Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

neris wrote: »
    Repak ads for their new .....................iphone app

"I went past and they seemed full"

a)He must have some eyesight to see the bottlebanks are full from his car
    b)His voice acting put me in mind of Sir Anthony Hopkins at his finest....not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

On newstalk

An ad for some play on in the Gaiety, its revolting.
    Some actress reciting some crap in the worst, (what I assume is Kerry) accent I've ever heard.

I don't want to live on the same planet as this garbage!

Is that yer one sayin "i'll be the boss here..." and all that? Did you hear the lads on off the ball playing that and steve staunton together? It was quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

On newstalk

Some actress reciting some crap in the worst, (what I assume is Kerry) accent I've ever heard.

On levels of annoyance its right up there with the god awful Tom Crean ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

The constant mention on Newstalk of Faichney (Fake me) Ringwood.
    Sounds like a wind up!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

ttenneb wrote: »
    All this makes me glad I don't listen to Newstalk. I wouldn't know Ray Darcy if he came up and bit me on D'arse.

You don't listen to Today FM either then ?

Where he works :)

• Advertisement

The actress is Aisling O'Sullivan, from, eh... Kerry.

I do agree though. Its a bloody awful ad.

Like the Tom Crean one its putting me off going to see the play.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭squonk

On newstalk

If it's an ad for 'Big Maggie', the John B Keane play, don't let the ad put you off/ I saw it here in Galway a month or two ago. It's excellent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Lapin wrote: »
    The actress is Aisling O'Sullivan, from, eh... Kerry.

I do agree though. Its a bloody awful ad.

Like the Tom Crean one its putting me off going to see the play.:(

Hold the phone - she's from Kerry? I went to see the play - it's excellent, as is Ms O'Sullivan, but I can't believe she's a native of the Kingdom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Hold the phone - she's from Kerry? I went to see the play - it's excellent, as is Ms O'Sullivan, but I can't believe she's a native of the Kingdom.

nah .. fk it, I'm going to see "The Night Joe Dolan's Car Broke Down"..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

any ad in which michael o muiraheartach is doing the voice over, gotta turn off straight away

• Advertisement

bamboozle wrote: »
    any ad in which michael o muiraheartach is doing the voice over, gotta turn off straight away
    'Close your eyes' , he's annoying alright pity he can't just retire from all radio work for good. He's 80 something years old at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Scary ****. The last two ads talked about came on, one after the other, as I was reading this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Can't stand that CIMA qualified accountancy ad with yer man from Spar: "Oi've aaalways bean attracted to de cuut an' truust of business. Druiving de Spaaar braaand, blah blah blah..."

Somehow he reminds me of Bill Cullen...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

The new toyota auris ad where one guy describes the car in American slang and the other guy translates. Why???

vomit-smiley-024.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,356 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

One ad I find funny (although probably not in the way the makers intended) is the ad for Right Price Tiles with the woeful Bruce Forsyth impression. So bad, it's good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I see "I'll be da boss" advert is back.

Sweet Lord. If ever an advert made me NOT want to go see a play, thats it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

bamboozle wrote: »

The man was meant to be retiring last year ..... he's in the media about 1000% more now than before he retired.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

No Nonsense ad with some ott bird swooning over Meatloaf:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

That fecking one for "The night Joe Dolans car broke down".

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :mad::mad::mad:

My brain hurts from it being on every six seconds on radio one!

Although i think it finishes up this month. :)

Some ad doing the rounds for FBD insurance at the moment.

It involves one of the voices speaking as though they have inhaled the contents of a helium tank.

Very grating, cuts right through my eardrums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭tommytee

NIMAN wrote: »
    I see "I'll be da boss" advert is back.

Sweet Lord. If ever an advert made me NOT want to go see a play, thats it.

yes I feel you pain too, is it about a mentally challenged person, I morphy into an orrible ^&^t when i hear that ad, aghh, its in my head and I cant't get it out" this will be the right quaarrrrr meeting what i say gooessss" Seriously WTF??????
    Maggie can feck away off

tommytee wrote: »
    yes I feel you pain too, is it about a mentally challenged person, I morphy into an orrible ^&^t when i hear that ad, aghh, its in my head and I cant't get it out" this will be the right quaarrrrr meeting what i say gooessss" Seriously WTF??????
    Maggie can feck away off

As soon as I hear it my chest tightens and I feel the rage building inside. What I try to do then is to take deep breaths and calmly reach for the dial before I hurt either myself or anyone in the general vicinity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Christ that's some eulogy that The Sunday Independent have for their editor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Sort of ****e that reminded me of this classic sketch from Not the Nine O'Clock News.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

Airtricty ad with the twat with put on deep voice telling you how cheap your gas and electricty will be. bet you he isnt so super with a foot in his bollix

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

glad its not just me.

it may've only been a short running ad but **** me it was the most vomit inducing .

north korea'd be proud of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Joy is BMW.

Did you ever hear such sh***?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭tinyjiney

Basically any ad on Nova...why do they all seem to have american accents....theres even one with some kid for some grow store sh1te.........:mad:

'Close your eyes' , he's annoying alright pity he can't just retire from all radio work for good. He's 80 something years old at this stage.

"Close your eyes", that bit used to be followed by something like "Go on, I mean it."

Apparently the RSA complained about the amount of accidents it caused and it was shortened to it's present form.

• Advertisement

No nonsense ad where the womans in the butchers. There worst ad yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭squonk

"Close your eyes", that bit used to be followed by something like "Go on, I mean it."

Apparently the RSA complained about the amount of accidents it caused and it was shortened to it's present form.

For real?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

neris wrote: »
    No nonsense ad where the womans in the butchers. There worst ad yet

Its like something that the first 3 firings from the Apprentice would throw together. Classic example of an ad being made by a non professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

O Chhhhrist!

That fckin' TV Licence ad is back. The one with the smart-ass annoying kid telling her mother.........:(:(:(

Mona!!! that's it. as in feck off Mona! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Kumejima

I quite like the Fiat Doblo ad "There's an IMAGE! in your BACON!..."

But is it actually Chris O'Dowd or some guy channeling him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,451 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Mona. Fishcakes.

ffffuuuu.jpg?width=513&height=387

• Advertisement

squonk wrote: »

For real?

Part 1. For real.
    Part 2. Apparently ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

There's some ad for some baby related crap with some obvious ad voice woman have a breakdown "will I ever get my life back.." blah blah. It's enough when real life parents annoy me with their kid related BS without the radio doing it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Focking Morkeshing Awards..........

Ad for some pricey hotel:

Remember the password is "Cheers".

Funny......not.

Any and all of those idiotic 118.... directory enquiries ads.

Note to Nicola Byrne omnipresent CEO of the "Irish one":

Why do they ALL sound the bloody same, if we knew which one was the "Irish one" we might support it.

• Advertisement

Mespil hotel are back with another round of tripe. Some bog warrior app developer whos app hasnt actually been launched yet

Rte ad for the 6 nations and the ad for the gaa this weekend both sound the same

Netflix ad that's like a detective investigating dead person. One voice sounds miles away from the mic...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Same with that 11-8-90 ad.

Whatever effect they're after with some guy talking through a cardboard tube just isn't working. In fact it sounds barely intelligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

The ads for MyHomeCare.ie which sound like the death rattle of the Celtic Tiger.

A woman breezily informs us that she doesn't have the time to check whether her elderly father takes his medicine.

Hope for her sake she never gets sick.

The ads for MyHomeCare.ie which sound like the death rattle of the Celtic Tiger.

A woman breezily informs us that she doesn't have the time to check whether her elderly father takes his medicine.

Hope for her sake she never gets sick.

Yes the tone of the ad and the couldn't be arsed attitude displayed by the woman in regards to her ill father really disturbs me. I'm of the opinion that it is a child's duty to take care of their parents when the time comes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Genghis

The Plaza Suite advert running on Newstalk bugs me. Narrators intonation 'will have you (pause)(adopt LOL mode) ... rolling in your seats'. Does something similar earlier in the ad also. Very annoying.

Has anyone heard that ad for the Smash-hit Hurling/GAA comedy stage show thing... Why? Why? Why?

dulpit wrote: »
    Has anyone heard that ad for the Smash-hit Hurling/GAA comedy stage show thing... Why? Why? Why?

I kept meaning to post that and just heard it now. Sounds like backwards ireland in the 1970s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

europa11 wrote: »
    Same with that 11-8-90 ad.

Whatever effect they're after with some guy talking through a cardboard tube just isn't working. In fact it sounds barely intelligible.

the music is mangled too - I suspect it was phoned in. Literally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,061 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

The Toyota Auris ad with the Black American dude! Both on the Radio and TV actually the Radio ad is more annoying as he's talking about it being a Bong or is that a bomb! Anyway it's a crap ad campaign!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement