Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

There are some horrific ads out at the moment, as mentioned, Burger King Jedward, Irish Pride, who actually thought, "yeah thats good, lets put it out there". Some might say "well aren't we talking about it" yes we are, but in a negative tone, and I for one won't be purcasing Irish Pride or visiting BK if it continues to encouage the marketing teams to produce this crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

el diablo wrote: »
    A new ad for Irish Pride bread (I think) that went on for about three minutes.

WALOFS.
    this one really grates.

rubbish ads like this are my cue for switching channels or media.

time the management of these radio stations copped on to irritating ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

A couple from the ubiquious Newstalk female voice-over:

"Wanna be part of the conversation? We've an app for that."

"All ya need to know for the Euros".

So, so fake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

mike65 wrote: »
    Liberty Ireland is already starting to drive me a bit nuts, not helped by it sponsoring the weather or traffic or something.

Weather on RTÉ Radio 1 yeah... the smarmy American voice reminding us that they're here. Hopefully it doesn't last too long!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

Liberty Ireland is already starting to drive me a bit nuts, not helped by it sponsoring the weather or traffic or something.

Say hullo... Say hullo... Say hullo... Say hullo... Say hullo...

Say goodbye, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

I'm sick of all the Ads on Today FM and Newstalk where the presenters like Hook and Matt Cooper read out the advertising blurb (particularly for hotels) in glowing terms - like they had personally stayed there, when instead it is because the establishments are providing prizes for the ubiquitous phone in competition. Advertorial at its very worst! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Money Village ad is not only possibly the most annoying ad ever with its fake dog noises and random change in tone halfway through, its encouraging utterly reckless behaviour (bye bye ever borrowing money again).

That Irish Pride ad is also rather difficult to listen to if a bit tired...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

RadioRetro wrote: »
    For some reason a rabbit keeps popping into my head at that point. Dunno why.

:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

DuckStab wrote: »
    Say hullo... Say hullo... Say hullo... Say hullo... Say hullo...

Say goodbye, please.

Hello. Now fook off please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

That hideous Dublin Taxi rap on Radio Nova

"When yer out on de razz or goin tew yer maa's"
    "Get off de bus, ge' with us, Get off de Daart, ge' with us!"

Who in Jesus decided that ad was radio worthy?

• Advertisement

That hideous Dublin Taxi rap on Radio Nova

If only it was confined to Nova.:(

Its all over Newstalk as well, meaning it goes out to a nationwide audience who don't really care about getting off the bus or Dart to 'ride with us'.

In fact, if I was a Dub, I'd be concerned about the image of my city that this ad portrays. It doesn't really do the place any favours,

As for the taxi firm themselves, this ad actively puts me off ever using them. Just in case the driver turns out to sound like the advert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

batm!ke wrote: »
    That Irish Pride ad absolutely grates on me. As does the VO guy on the Dairygold ad, "butter it, melt it, dollop it" etc, his voice does my nut, it keeps making me want to clear my throat, awful.
    A new ad for Irish Pride bread (I think) that went on for about three minutes.

WALOFS.

i really like the new irish pride ad have to say...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Best ad on the radio (and the telly as well) has to be the No Nonsense car insurance ad with yer wan in the butchers. Genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Its only the latest in what has been a series of brilliant ads on both tv and radio with the same characters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭squonk

The butchers one is the first cack NoNonsense add. It's complete ****e! Worse, it's undermining any kudos I'd given the company!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

The new Trocaire radio ad which was obviously written by someone who went to same copywriting school as the scribe who penned the "Viking Direct" ad. Just plain lazy.....

Ads by numbers anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

The new ad for the Nissan Micra annoys me, with the cheerful woman going on about "low road tax!", "low CO2 emissions!" and "fuel consumption sooo looow that you'll forget what a petrol station looks like!!!"... grrrrr, drives me cracked!

And when she refers to the car as "high-spec". It is anything but. It's cheaper and lower spec than the last model because it's primarily destined to be sold in countries like India and Thailand. A good business strategy for Nissan global of course, and a decent little car for the money, but please don't lie to us and say it's high-spec!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

havn't heard irish pride ad for some time. hopefully the penny dropped and they pulled it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

Am I the only one, or does anyone else find it really irritating when listening to the RTE news being hi-jacked by the above-named weather sponsor?

"Say hello to Liberty"? Eh, no thanks, Mr American salesman, I'm afraid I have something much less polite to say to you as I reach for the off button!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

At least he sounds honest, not like the Cavan Cowboy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Doodah7

CUCINA wrote: »
    Am I the only one, or does anyone else find it really irritating when listening to the RTE news being hi-jacked by the above-named weather sponsor?

Yes and no to your questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 asalater

Oh, I agree; please let us say goodbye to that horrible patronising invasion. We're not trailer-trash yet the suits are feeding us the same muck they shove down their throats.

I was already switching to Newstalk at 9AM (for the obvious reason) but I just won't bother opening Morning Ireland at all from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 asalater

Dirigent wrote: »
    At least he sounds honest, not like the Cavan Cowboy!

In his favour, ex-Count Quinn kept a low profile and didn't pontificate over our porridge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭GSF

asalater wrote: »
    In his favour, ex-Count Quinn kept a low profile and didn't pontificate over our porridge!
    more of a rashers guy I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Liberty thread merged with good/bad ads thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"Gardening back... NO I've got gardening back"..

dear fkn God.. Who pays people to come up with this sh1te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Hate these ads, on before the weather on both rte1 and 2fm. "say hello to Liberdee insurans". Fùck off annoying American accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

The new ad for the 48 mobile network. As horrible a piece of contrived 'yoof' orientated bullshít as I've had the misfortune of hearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

That fcuking "Nifty Fifty" ad...nonsensical gibberish by two gormless cretins. Is it meant to be funny?!? Grrr... :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

"The hilarious new comedy..." and then the ad tails off with some some hilariously unfunny lines from whichever unfortunate play they're advertising.

Presumably they have to use one of the best one-liners in the ad, but they're always desperate. It makes me wonder who actually goes to these plays.

Prime examples include, Plaza Suite, Da and Greener with Pauline McLynn.

I think the best things about these ads is the forced half chuckle the narrator announces the hilarity with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

Tax saver ads for train tickets with sum stupid bint roaring @.some clown about €10 train tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

The "48" ones are awfull.

Especially the 'male' one
    eg the line: ".... spanking some milf...."

No wonder Telefonica are thinking of selling o2 if thats all they can come up with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

The "48" ones are awfull.

Especially the 'male' one
    eg the line: ".... spanking some milf...."

No wonder Telefonica are thinking of selling o2 if thats all they can come up with.

Oh, it's dreadful. The website is the same, a major brand who thinks they are being 'edgy' and 'segment focussed' by misspelling words and not capitalising sentences.

serious can wait. go conquer.

and if you're trying to get lucky, you can buy that special person some top up.

It's a mobile phone contract for fúcks sake!

ad for a nissan van with teh voice guy putting on some dodgy skanger accent. why do advertisers think that a dodgy voice is going to have people rushing out to buy their tat

The 11890 ad, muffled voice et al, do we all forget how ATLANTIC 252 sounded just like that years ago, and we all thought it was SO coooolll!!!!!!:D

Hot on the heels of the much loved "wintersbach" campaign, we now have the pleasure of "Gardeningback".

I kid you not!

Rumor has it that come summer, this will be replaced by "sexyback" with Justin Timberwood doing the voiceover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

The ad for Marathon Sports Travel is back on Newstalk advertising "twips to the Teeter of Dweams".

Fúck off. :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

The ad for Marathon Sports Travel is back on Newstalk advertising "twips to the Teeter of Dweams".

LOL. This must be the 5th or 6th time you've had a go at the "LOVE IT...FFEEEEEEELLLL IIITTTTTTT" Cavan man. :D

I despise this ad too.

Plus I love the way he makes the whole atmosphere seem amazing when its most likely United or Liverpool V Wigan.

"Grab the program, check the teamsheet, You'll Never Walk Alone coming from the KOP....THIS IS ANFIELD"

I have been to many games at Anfield and a couple at Old Trafford over the years and I can tell you the atmosphere is nothing to write home about.

You know why? Because its mainly people who book with Marathon Sports Travel getting the seats. I know it p*sses the scousers off no end, some of which can't even get a ticket for a Saturday game anymore...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

telekon wrote: »
    LOL. This must be the 5th or 6th time you've had a go at the "LOVE IT...FFEEEEEEELLLL IIITTTTTTT" Cavan man. :D

I despise this ad too.

Yes, I think I've posted that ad a few times here. :p It disappears for a while and I'd be thinking that's the end of it but .......it's back again..:(

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

"The only Swede in the village" doing ads for Volvo, Saab, Kopparberg and Ikea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

telekon wrote: »
    Plus I love the way he makes the whole atmosphere seem amazing when its most likely United or Liverpool V Wigan.

"Grab the program, check the teamsheet, You'll Never Walk Alone coming from the KOP....THIS IS ANFIELD"

I'm waiting until some club with a really, really crappy lifeless stadium gets an Irish manager and the sudden influx of bandwaggoners appears

"No noise coming from the Holmesdale, THIS IS SELHURST PARK"

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

New Eason Ad.
    Some mother's are into perfume, that's probably definately true

its one or the other, it's either probably or definately true.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

'women talk about about most things, except their constipation'

Like WTF!!!

irish pride ad. pain the hole. what is it about bread ads that make em so poxy

• Registered Users Posts: 6 annebrodie

The Centra ad where the VO pronounces "maple and pecan PLAIT" to rhyme with "day" instead of "fat". It makes me nearly lose control of the car every time it comes on the radio.

Anyway Marty, tell us, what the fook is a salmon darn??? I need to know.

(Every little helps BTW.)

There was a time in our past when chicken goujons sounded exotic...................

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

neris wrote: »
    irish pride ad. pain the hole. what is it about bread ads that make em so poxy

There's one on at the moment for Brennans - the one were baby Jack comes home from the hospital - that makes me want to kill everyone associated with it.

'women talk about about most things, except their constipation'

Like WTF!!!

The ad is bad enough without them repeating the 'C' word 3 times.
    As if we didn't get the message first time round.

I heard it the other day as I was making a nice BLT for my lunch.
    Needless to say I couldn't eat it after hearing that and my dog now thinks I made the fcuking sandwich for him. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

I don't know about anyone else or has it been mentioned before but I am sick to death of hearing the Euro Cycles Euro Baby €2mill liquidation sale (Sale must end this Sunday) What f**kin Sunday? It's on all the time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement