Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

neris wrote: »
    irish pride ad. pain the hole. what is it about bread ads that make em so poxy

The big toast one with the fat wan from Fr Ted- cant abide it!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Lapin wrote: »
    The ad is bad enough without them repeating the 'C' word 3 times.
    As if we didn't get the message first time round.

I heard it the other day as I was making a nice BLT for my lunch.
    Needless to say I couldn't eat it after hearing that and my dog now thinks I made the fcuking sandwich for him. :mad:

It would take a lot more than that to keep me from me grub.There would want to be S*** on it for that to happen:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

ad on today fm with some looney who wrote a book and can claim to see fairys or angels or some weird stuff like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

That fecking ad on RTE radio 1 for the tv license. The one where the gob****e sings pay yourself. Wish he he would piss off he can't sing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

The 2FM ad for the Weekend Breakfast show with Baz and Lucy where Baz Hamsandwich attempts to "sing" makes me want to fling poo at the radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Hello boys and girls, Moochow , Leopold Bloom!!!!!

Dam Lottery ads.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Liberdee Insurance - say hello to my fists. Fúcking annoying American accent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Any ad where they whisper. You know, for a secret sale or something...

I'm looking at you Skoda & Harvey Normans... :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

That fecking ad on RTE radio 1 for the tv license. The one where the gob****e sings pay yourself. Wish he he would piss off he can't sing.

Being a bit odd, thats one of the license ads that I like!!!

That bgoshnbgora lotto ad for st patricks night really patronising ad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

'women talk about about most things, except their constipation'

Like WTF!!!

They should probably go to Cirque de Soleil's latest offering... Diarrheeeaaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

MJ23 wrote: »
    Liberdee Insurance - say hello to my fists. Fúcking annoying American accent

It's beyond cringeworthy.

"Have a really niyyccce day with Liberdee y'all!"

JiminyCricket.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭legendary.xix

It's a fantastic ad. Some get it. Some don't. It's funny in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

It's a fantastic ad. Some get it. Some don't. It's funny in fairness.

Its absolutely stupid, but funny at the same time.........................................

"Go wan ya good thing, pay yourself":D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

That hideous Dublin Taxi rap on Radio Nova

"When yer out on de razz or goin tew yer maa's"
    "Get off de bus, ge' with us, Get off de Daart, ge' with us!"

Who in Jesus decided that ad was radio worthy?

I believe it was "royde wid us!". I actually think that ad is in the realm of so bad it's funny though. I keep waiting for them to rhyme "DART" with "fart".
    'women talk about about most things, except their constipation'

Like WTF!!!

Is that the one where the woman goes into the chemist to get some medicine, sees her friend and gets all flustered and starts saying her husband is the constipated one? I found it weird that women know the brand name of the constipation pills off the top of their head and have to do all they can to make sure they aren't seen with them.

There's an ad for a printer company (savio or something) that's not a managed print company, they use the existing hardware in place in companies.

It's structured as a chat between son and gombeen father, for some reason the dad has a dopey accent and it's cut together really bad. On newstalk a lot...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

That bloody ad about the trail of germs (“Your knife, your table, your BABY) is back. The woman on it has a voice even more annoying than Deirdre O’Kane and that takes some doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Has anyone ever used National Radio cabs? We were getting a taxi into Dub last week and I wouldn't use them on the sole basis of their advertising campaign.:D, I'd visions of the driver starting to rap and me standing trial for Murder.:D:D

any newspaper advertising today for their "special" mahon report edition. as if we hadnt had enough.

just heard one journo advertising a special saying how he saw bertie climb to the top. i think we all saw that dipso.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

'Liberdee Insurance' is driving me nuts, it's even on the telly now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

Johnston Mooney and O'Brien's "historic moments".

If they had used original soundtracks of the historic moments (kennedy's visit, the popes visit,Houghton in Stuttgart etc) it would have been acceptable.

Instead some loon in a studio with fakey backing seems to have done them all. Mary Robinson is a particularly hideous standout.

All in all the worst ad ever to eminate from an advertising studio, and it's up against stiff competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

Anyone think the guy in the ad for remote video monitoring sounds like Bertie?

"Hey you the hoodie, get out of that yard ... what? - you'll cut me in if I point in the camera in the other direction ?"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

telekon wrote: »
    Plus I love the way he makes the whole atmosphere seem amazing when its most likely United or Liverpool V Wigan.

You would pick this one. ;)

I was there yesterday and the atmosphere was somewhat amazing at the final whistle.

For all the wrong reasons. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

C14N wrote: »
    I believe it was "royde wid us!". I actually think that ad is in the realm of so bad it's funny though. I keep waiting for them to rhyme "DART" with "fart".

Get off the bus, royde with us!
    Get off the Dart, if yeh wanna fart!

FTFY!

that fecking hurling all stars play ad is back on. sounds like a right pile of turf munching crap

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

MJ23 wrote: »
    'Liberdee Insurance' is driving me nuts, it's even on the telly now.

Ad. also drives me up the wall, but we'd have to admit they've done a terrific job with the weather over the past few weeks :D it's hardly rained since they got the gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Genghis

The new ad for the supplier of HP proliant (or whetever it is) that involves a Sergeant shouting various 'commands' and some bubbly young thing chirping solutions. Not funny, not creative, not even relevant. Dire stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

iRadio's ads for what I can only imagine is their own classified ads website where its completely indistinct what the website's URL actually *is*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

Those Supervalu ads with that stupid ****ing "Say Hello" song. :mad::(:rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement

el diablo wrote: »
    Those Supervalu ads with that stupid ****ing "Say Hello" song. :mad::(:rolleyes:

any of those ads that start out with "say hello to" or "hello im" seem to be sprouting up like the flowers now. heard t already 2day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

DuckStab wrote: »
    They should probably go to Cirque de Soleil's latest offering... Diarrheeeaaaa

If I could thank this post more I would.

It's on every 10 minutes on Newstalk/Sportstalk/Advertisingtalk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

That Vodafone ad is fierce annoying.

A: "What do you call a fear of clowns?"
    B: "Hang on"

*lengthy instrumental segment with annoying keyboard sound effects*

Can't they condense this down a bit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

vlcsnap-2011-06-27-00h38m32s236.png

Bonjour...Supervalu...hee-haw hee-haw.

Who are you to resist it huh?

Xtravision ad with that girl with her piggy bank is back... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pjordan

I came on here to see was there anyone else complaining about the 11890 ad. Fascinating to see that the intent was supposedly consciously to make it sound retro when what it actually achieves is complete irritation and a perception of incompetence about the company. It is so bad that for a good while I actually thought it was my radio reception. It's unbelieveable that any agency could actually pitch this concept as a good idea and get it taken up when what it projects is all negative

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Anyone else hear the weather or something brought to you by SEMTEX masonry paint?????????????????? Mad:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

If they have ANY professional respect for the service they provide to their clients, the ad agency behind the new Berkley Court ad (located on the 'infamous' Lansdowne Road .....) Should summarily dismiss whoever on their staff was responsible for that gaffe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

johnny giles n eamon dunphy plugging some golf course, awful script and attempted jokes aside , its a pity to see mssr giles sinking so low.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Owryan wrote: »
    johnny giles n eamon dunphy plugging some golf course, awful script and attempted jokes aside , its a pity to see mssr giles sinking so low.

So what? He gets a pile of money for 30 seconds work, can't say i blame him, I'd do the exact same myself.

When you think about it he was pretty unfortunate not to have been in the game 30 years later. He sadly missed the boat when it came to having millions of pounds thrown at him and other gifted footballers of his generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

telekon wrote: »
    So what? He gets a pile of money for 30 seconds work, can't say i blame him, I'd do the exact same myself.

When you think about it he was pretty unfortunate not to have been in the game 30 years later. He sadly missed the boat when it came to having millions of pounds thrown at him and other gifted footballers of his generation.

No problem with him making money he deserves it but that ad is soooo cringeworthy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

That bloody hireland ad, or the popcorn ad with people ranting and raving about how good popcorn is :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

There's one where some girl says "she looked absolutely stunning in DKNY" in it, and uses the word 'stunning' about 6 times, jesus thats gotta be the most annoying ever.

NIMAN wrote: »
    There's one where some girl says "she looked absolutely stunning in DKNY" in it, and uses the word 'stunning' about 6 times, jesus thats gotta be the most annoying ever.

Haven't heard it, but it strikes me that it could very well be a new ad for Kildare Village (fabulous)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Thats it, heard it today. Jez, thats annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Every ad break induces a mix of nausea and a headache right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 eminoz

all the ads lately fall into "worse and worst" categories, most scoring well in the irritating, might-remember-the-product-but-will-never-never-buy-it stakes (my teeth still gnashing from 11890 ad).
    Has anyone heard anything lately that's even mildly entertaining?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

eminoz wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything lately that's even mildly entertaining?

If yer headin' for Clonsilla or a southside villa ........................

• Registered Users Posts: 34 eminoz

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    If yer headin' for Clonsilla or a southside villa ........................
    ..eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think that's a refrain from a certain taxi advert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

If you're on the razz, or headin on to yore ma's...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement