Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

I think those Zurich ads with that yodelling b*tch are give me an ulcer !!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Lapin wrote: »
    "Yodel ay ee oo yodel, yodel..., Thats the sound of a happy Zurich insurance customer....."

I think the happy customer would sound more appealing trying to yodel whilst hurtling head first towards the ground after being fúcked out of an alpine cable car one thousand feet above a remote Swiss halting site.
    That damned Zurich ad REALLY starting to annoy.....
    C14N wrote: »
    I'm not sure whether Zurich do banking or insurance or what, all I know is that I don't want to give them money for it.
    I think those Zurich ads with that yodelling b*tch are give me an ulcer !!!!!

Its beginning to reach Harvey Norman territory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Those Marathon Sports ads for the soccer trips. "da tee-atur of dhreeams". Fùck off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

MJ23 wrote: »
    Those Marathon Sports ads for the soccer trips. "da tee-atur of dhreeams". Fùck off.

Yep, I've mentioned them before here a few times. Awful fooking ad and it's been going on for years. :(

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

el diablo wrote: »
    Yep, I've mentioned them before here a few times. Awful fooking ad and it's been going on for years. :(
    i was about to add Marathon Sports myself, the voice on your man in the ad is terrible

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

neris wrote: »
    pretentious celtic tiger D4 ad for the cliff house with two wags going on about cocktails and sea food platters

+1000. That and the "fabulous" ad for the Kildare retail outlet.

Currently, that ad for Oki managed prong services with the annoying twit that keeps interrupting his potential client is grinding my gears. If anyone did that to me they'd be shown the door!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

I'm probably late coming to the party on this one but that goddawful Brown Thomas 20's syle singing ad really does my head in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

Geraldine here...........................yuk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Two ads really annoying me at the moment:

- The FBD insurance ad where yer wan rings yer man telling him that he's won a holiday and not to forget his lilo... Jesvs, to me she sounds like a cross between a crank caller and a stalker!

- The ad for Fiona Looney's new play. There's a section with vox-pops after the show to express how much everyone loved it, and there's one where a woman says "I was just saying that it's like us talking!". For some reason that comment sounds really conceited: "oh my gang is sooooo funny, and we went to a playyyy, and it was soooo funny, just like when us girls all get together". It's put me right off going!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fiona Looney and conceit? Nah couldn't be!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Sweet Jesus, a play written by Fiona Looney and starring Deirdre O'Kane. Dante couldn't have dreamed up of a hell to compare with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus, a play written by Fiona Looney and starring Deirdre O'Kane. Dante couldn't have dreamed up of a hell to compare with this.
    BTW if I meet that interrupting oki printer guy, I'll lock him in a cell with Looney and O'Kane and throw away the key.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I have no idea what plant sterols and stanols are and I don't know who makes them, but I do know I'm sick of hearing about them during every ad break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

I love this thread, it's so heartening to see that I'm not alone!

It's also really funny reading the contempt people have, and the witty ways they express it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

ootbitb wrote: »
    Geraldine here...........................yuk

No - no! I won't hear a word against Geraldine of DID Electrical. She's been juggling her hours in the shop with those ads for years. She deserves nothing less than our respect, young person... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

No - no! I won't hear a word against Geraldine of DID Electrical. She's been juggling her hours in the shop with those ads for years. She deserves nothing less than our respect, young person... ;)

is it not discount electrical?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

BTW if I meet that interrupting oki printer guy, I'll lock him in a cell with Looney and O'Kane and throw away the key.

He sounds like the gift grub anton savage on helium

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

I think they have changed the Voice Over recently...Thank Fcukin Christ !

• Advertisement

I think they have changed the Voice Over recently...Thank Fcukin Christ !

That's excellent news. So it's safe for me to tune into Newstalk once again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Just to touch on the Fiona Looney play again I nearly explode with rage when voiceover man says, 'For those who enjoy a good night out and maybe haven't had one in a while'.

Bullsh1t!! Theres nothing good about parting with your hard earned to watch a gaggle of unfunny women quack around a stage for a couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

fricatus wrote: »
    The ad for Fiona Looney's new play. There's a section with vox-pops after the show to express how much everyone loved it, and there's one where a woman says "I was just saying that it's like us talking!". For some reason that comment sounds really conceited: "oh my gang is sooooo funny, and we went to a playyyy, and it was soooo funny, just like when us girls all get together". It's put me right off going!

Couldn't have put it better myself but I would add that the woman saying that had a 'Dort' accent, (of course :rolleyes:) and makes me think that this play is for D4 heads everywhere and not suitable for the 'common folk'....unless the common folk like listening to Dort-heads being 'funny' for a couple of hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Tesco Ad.

from little things, big things dronnnnnnnnnnnnnnne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Yakuza wrote: »
    +1000. That and the "fabulous" ad for the Kildare retail outlet.

Currently, that ad for Oki managed prong services with the annoying twit that keeps interrupting his potential client is grinding my gears. If anyone did that to me they'd be shown the door!

Funnily enough, Oki have got as bloody annoying to deal with recently as their ad suggests they are. So we've changed to HP and Epson. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Anyone that listens to 96fm in Cork will be familiar with that ad for the Cork Marathon (with Frank Twomey) and the two 'women' training for the marathon.

Just when you think it couldnt get any worse, they start singing that "You've got to move it, move it" song, and one of them goes all high pitched at the end for no reason.

Can't stand that ad and its played nearly every ad break. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Newstalk keep airing the ad for the Heineken Cup final at the weekend. The one with the Blue Storm weather warning for Twickenham on Saturday, . I hate that ad for some reason. Maybe I'm being pedantic but I just checked and Twickenham is 616 km from my home, I don't think I've to worry about a storm all the way over in London!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Newstalk keep airing the ad for the Heineken Cup final at the weekend. The one with the Blue Storm weather warning for Twickenham on Saturday, . I hate that ad for some reason. Maybe I'm being pedantic but I just checked and Twickenham is 616 km from my home, I don't think I've to worry about a storm all the way over in London!

I agree, but the reason it irks me is that you'd swear that Leinster are the only Irish team in this final... :mad:

dulpit wrote: »
    I agree, but the reason it irks me is that you'd swear that Leinster are the only Irish team in this final... :mad:

They are.

:P

^^^^

Oh no, can open, worms everywhere... :rolleyes:

They are.

:P

I didn't say in this country. And even then, 3 out of the 9 counties represented by Ulster are in Ireland.

Regardless, SUFTUM, bash the ladyboys of Leinster please...

On ads, why are 11890 persisting with the recorded down a 1970's phone line sound for their ads?

• Advertisement

Heard that done deal ad. Change that to wife for sale and the womens lobby would be up in arms whinging to joe

dulpit wrote: »
    I didn't say in this country. And even then, 3 out of the 9 counties represented by Ulster are in Ireland.

Regardless, SUFTUM, bash the ladyboys of Leinster please...

On ads, why are 11890 persisting with the recorded down a 1970's phone line sound for their ads?

Ladyboys? :confused: Best team in Europe actually. Looks like it's all of Ireland versus Leinster so. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Ladyboys? :confused: Best team in Europe actually. Looks like it's all of Ireland versus Leinster so. :)

not for me :) allez les bleus!!......had enough when I saw a Union Jack being waved at Thomond Park by some Ulster fans, wouldn't be shocked to see a few when they hit London. :rolleyes: Irish me hole!

And as for "ladyboys", whoever came up with that went into hiding years ago.

Back swiftly on topic :D....that Donedeal ad is something else.

Damn right the Sisterhood would have Joes ears burning if the roles were reversed.

Thought the Ad Agencies had given up on this "man = stupid, dull, thick ....woman = smart as bright buttons, joyous, brains of the outfit" philosophy. Apparently it's not a done deal by any means.

europa11 wrote: »

Damn right the Sisterhood would have Joes ears burning if the roles were reversed.

Thought the Ad Agencies had given up on this "man = stupid, dull, thick ....woman = smart as bright buttons, joyous, brains of the outfit" philosophy. Apparently it's not a done deal by any means.

Fcukin' hell, when I heard that ad... all I could think was "get a man to do it, and replace 'husband' with 'wife' and 'bloke' with 'bird' and watch the switchboard light up!" :eek:

Talk about double standards! And the "sure it's only a bit of fun" argument is just as patronising when it's aimed at men as when it's aimed at women, sisters! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

I was thinking the same thing the first time I heard that ad. I'm actually really intrigued to see what the reaction would be if the roles were reversed.

Connacht fan here who will be shouting for Leinster on Saturday !

Nothing against Ulster or their fans but it was Leinster's victory last year that promoted us to the Heineken cup for the first time.

So I'm happy to express my gratitude with my support ! Allez les Bleus !

Back on topic - For every TV Licence ad I hear, I'm gonna delay renewing my licence by another day in protest.

If they hawl me to the local courthouse, I'll just play an audio of the ads in my defence.

Any judge with an understanding of the word justice will doubtless exonerate me on the spot and possibly grant me compensation for the mental torture I've had to endure. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,548 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

fricatus wrote: »
    europa11 wrote: »

Fcukin' hell, when I heard that ad... all I could think was "get a man to do it, and replace 'husband' with 'wife' and 'bloke' with 'bird' and watch the switchboard light up!" :eek:

Talk about double standards! And the "sure it's only a bit of fun" argument is just as patronising when it's aimed at men as when it's aimed at women, sisters! ;)

Exactly, a good marketing campaign would have two adverts, one with a man and the other with a woman, makes more sense instead of playing the blokebashing card.

Connacht fan here who will be shouting for Leinster on Saturday !

Nothing against Ulster or their fans but it was Leinster's victory last year that promoted us to the Heineken cup for the first time.

So I'm happy to express my gratitude with my support ! Allez les Bleus !

Back on topic - For every TV Licence ad I hear, I'm gonna delay renewing my licence by another day in protest.

Any judge with an understanding of the word justice will doubtless exonerate me on the spot and possibly grant me compensation for the mental torture I've had to endure. :)

No Bro ...any Judge will just regard you a a gormless goon who needs to get a fuckin life !

Just sayin....

^^^:rolleyes:

Fuk off Bantum.

Go back and Flutt around in the Thunderdome for another while.

ad for some poxy car with some nob end introduces himself as someone who writes ads but just had to go out and buy one of these cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Theres an ad currently running on Newstalk for a car parts store, I think its called Jims Garage or Daves Garage??

Its very hard to understand your man reading it as he speaks like an inner city drug dealer. At the end of it he belches into the microphone, yeah thats right belches.:confused:

Who the hell comes up with this kind of tripe?

neris wrote: »
    ...some poxy car...

A "Renault" I think... never heard of them. French apparently... I drive a Bentley myself!

^^^:rolleyes:

Fuk off Bantum.

Go back and Flutt around in the Thunderdome for another while.

Pardon ?

There's an ad for mini finance, the one where they ask the "teaser". :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

Has Pierce Brosnan had a stroke or something? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Theres an ad currently running on Newstalk for a car parts store, I think its called Jims Garage or Daves Garage??

Its very hard to understand your man reading it as he speaks like an inner city drug dealer. At the end of it he belches into the microphone, yeah thats right belches.:confused:

Who the hell comes up with this kind of tripe?

I from Dublin but i can see that this ad will not go down well with the country cousins

DuckStab wrote: »
    Has Pierce Brosnan had a stroke or something? :(

He's better on that ad than he was in Mamma Mia..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭MarkHitide

The current radio for Ruhama.ie; tasteless.

MarkHitide wrote: »

Yeah I think it's extremely cynical.. They know because of what they do, they can say basically whatever they want and nobody will criticize them..

• Advertisement

MarkHitide wrote: »
    Refresh my memory? I vaguely remember hearing an ad this morning...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement