Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

The one for the taxi firm that is a rap with a thick dublin accent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

There's a new one, for one of those disgusting cereal bar type thingies that have gazillion grams of sugar in them. They do a sort of fake vox pop thing at the end of it, and 1 guy says"with 2 bars, it's a bigger eat". I totally want to throttle him. "Eat" is a verb. Applicable nouns might include "food", or better yet, "snack", as that is a count noun. I don't really know why, but phrases like "a bigger eat" just make me cringe so much. I hope that ad won't run too long, as I can see it driving me slowly insane!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

ferretone wrote: »
    There's a new one, for one of those disgusting cereal bar type thingies that have gazillion grams of sugar in them. They do a sort of fake vox pop thing at the end of it, and 1 guy says"with 2 bars, it's a bigger eat". I totally want to throttle him. "Eat" is a verb. Applicable nouns might include "food", or better yet, "snack", as that is a count noun. I don't really know why, but phrases like "a bigger eat" just make me cringe so much. I hope that ad won't run too long, as I can see it driving me slowly insane!

Slightly OT, but relevant to the above... "a big ask". :eek:

Back on topic... I see that Aoife (turty tree tousand) from Axa has been replaced by someone who can pronounce their TH's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

fricatus wrote: »
    Slightly OT, but relevant to the above... "a big ask". :eek:

Back on topic... I see that Aoife (turty tree tousand) from Axa has been replaced by someone who can pronounce their TH's!

I wish! Aoife is still der but there are several versions of the ad. It's not poor Aoife's fault but rather the asshole who gave the ad the nod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Corks 96 fm giving a plug on the prendeville show about some stupid over priced wrist band for your child in case they get lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Those FBD ads are really beginning to grate, over played and that "Hi, Jenny speaking" bint :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

The current Pat McDonnell paints ad is particularly poor, sounds like it cost around a tenner to make...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

dulpit wrote: »
    The current Pat McDonnell paints ad is particularly poor, sounds like it cost around a tenner to make...

Is that the ad where he talks about having over 30 years of experience and expertise with paint? That sounds great and all but it made me feel kind of sad that someone devoted their entire life to something as mundane as paint for walls...

sad_frog.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

There is one ad that I don't hate but I do really admire the way it's made.

It's for the lodge in Doonbeg, and features a slow piano with a sexy female voice saying "Sometimes, it's alright to be yourself, to indulge yourself, to stay in bed, and do absolutely nothing..."

"Those are some of the best days....."

I have no problems at all with the ad, but it dawn on me that reading between the lines I heard a message of "Sometimes it's OK to be the lazy git you want to be, to spend all day in your PJ's while stuffing crisps and icecream into your mouth and watching cooking shows from under the duvet".

"Those are some of the best days......"

• Registered Users Posts: 7 josak

Jim Ryan.

Jim Ryan may be held as responsible for a number of bad things that have happened in this country recently, but that ad of his is by far the worst. 2 or 3 times every hour all day.

I hope there is a huge investigation into the Ulster Bank debacle and that all banks can learn from their mistakes and that we'll never see the likes of it again in this country. And in turn we will never be put through such overplayed radio messages again.

I don't like you Jim Ryan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

josak wrote: »
    Jim Ryan.

Jim Ryan may be held as responsible for a number of bad things that have happened in this country recently, but that ad of his is by far the worst. 2 or 3 times every hour all day.

I hope there is a huge investigation into the Ulster Bank debacle and that all banks can learn from their mistakes and that we'll never see the likes of it again in this country. And in turn we will never be put through such overplayed radio messages again.

I don't like you Jim Ryan.

Was flicking around some of the regional stations earlier - being played on nearly every ad break on Midwest Radio

Brgds
    Johnny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

the ads where the first line : hi ,( then the full name of someone I never heard of before) here.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭optogirl

C'mon let's print again ......

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh. The woman's singing voice is so annoying

I don't know what the ad is for but it features a woman singing very poorly and contains the line "take the day full on" or something like that. I think it must be for some kind of energy drink. I always hear it in the morning when I'm all groggy and it puts me in a bad mood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭optogirl

C14N wrote: »
    I don't know what the ad is for but it features a woman singing very poorly and contains the line "take the day full on" or something like that. I think it must be for some kind of energy drink. I always hear it in the morning when I'm all groggy and it puts me in a bad mood.

Great minds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I hate ads like that one on Newstalk for NRC that just repeat the name of the company with different bits in between. It seems to be a fairly hackneyed advertising technique at this stage:

Joe's Widgets!
    The best widgets in the business!
    Joe's Widgets?
    The cheapest widgets around.
    Joe's Widgets...
    Your friendly widget store!
    Joe's WIDGets!!!
    For all your widget needs... call Joe's Widgets today!

What grates on me is the ever-more-desperate attempt to pronounce "Joe's Widgets" with a different emphasis each time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Airport Genie... good idea?

I dont see how walking around the airport with a six foot Arab wearing a turban will help you get through security... And dont talk to me about the smoking lamp..

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭T.C.O.B

Hayles Freight, you Black and Yellow are the company's colours.

B**tards!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

There’s this ad for Sligo tourism on at the moment that’s really grinding my gears. I don’t know if it’s meant to be in the style of WB Yeats or James Joyce but it’s incredibly annoying. All this ‘I will arise and go to Sligo and walk on the beach and have a class of wine <massive unnecessary pause> or maybe two.’

You can feel the smugness dripping from the radio.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭ceannair06

8 20 20 20 ads MUST DIE!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭ceannair06

Oh yeah - and MAGOWAN'S PUB STILLORGAN.

FFs if he could get what he wants at the pub, you'd be gone girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

ceannair06 wrote: »
    8 20 20 20 ads MUST DIE!!!!

8 25 25 25 ads have taken them on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Pat D. Almighty

The Castle Finglas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Pat D. Almighty

Anyone hear that "Scrappatoni" ad by Renault, the one where the guy shouts "Ah will ya just stop!"
    Hopefully it'll cease broadcasting when the Euro championship is finished on Sunday!

I think it's great. The TV version is better.

I think it's great. The TV version is better.

You forgot one of these ..:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I'm sure that I've already given out about the awful ads for the "Revolving Carousel Bar" at the Leopardstown Inn but at the time said that the place couldn't be as bad as the ads - I was wrong. It's like some sort of 20th century Parisienne brothel - what type of Pseuds choose to drink in a kip like this? http://www.leopardstowninn.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I'm sure that I've already given out about the awful ads for the "Revolving Carousel Bar" at the Leopardstown Inn but at the time said that the place couldn't be as bad as the ads - I was wrong. It's like some sort of 20th century Parisienne brothel - what type of Pseuds choose to drink in a kip like this? http://www.leopardstowninn.ie/

Neil Armstrong. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

Someone went a bit OTT on Photoshop there. It's not a bad spot really and nowhere near as garish as those photos would suggest.

The radio ad is awful though, pure muck.

Alas, I've never had the pleasure of seeing a Parisian brothel at first hand :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭squonk

The 'Bin It Your Way' commercials for chewing gum are quite annoying and I know it's not strictly radio but the corresponding billboard campaign makes the ads look positively innovative! I would really like to beat the crap out of the sad waste of ejaculate that thought, "hmmm, we've got this bin it your way commercial to do, let's see.... Oh I know! Let's just rip off the iconic Apple iPod ads from early 2000's and punt them as a cool and trendy down with the kids idea of our own. Sure nobody'll notice and I'm too stupid to come up with an original idea anyway". I'd give my right arm to have been at that pitch meeting. Seriously! Did nobody really not notice?

"I'm boored, booredbooredboored!"

That kid deserves a slap, not a holiday (or whatever they're advertising). Doesn't help that they round the add off with him in an even more annoying, higher pitched voice where the words are run even closer together.

"MEEEBOARD!?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

The Night Joe Dolans Car Broke Down.

- sounds like a comedy re-make of The Hills Have Eyes.

http://www.leopardstowninn.ie/
    Someone went a bit OTT on Photoshop there. It's not a bad spot really and nowhere near as garish as those photos would suggest.(

Christ, it looks like a gambling website..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Micksgarage.ie
    I can't help thinking that from the accent yer man has, that all the car parts are robbed.

Christ, it looks like a gambling website..

I work for a gambling website as it happens. I'm not sure who should be more offended by that: my employer or the owner of the pub :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

There is an ad for VHI at the moment, which has the sound of an electric alarm clock in it.

Who in Gods name wants to reminded of the sound of their alarm clock?:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

That health insurance ad that it should be like buying runners ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

fifi234ie wrote: »
    That health insurance ad that it should be like buying runners ????

Sounds like she says "Runnys"

Paddy courtney on that stupid "we're giving out 99s, no really .. we really are" ..

I hope he got assurance from the for his career as a comedian..

There's an ad for strawberry jam doing the rounds at the moment that rivals Barry's Tea for the number of cliches that can be squeezed into 30 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The airport genie ads are really grinding my goat at the moment. :mad:

MUM!! Luke stole my hairband...:mad::mad:

MUM!! I'm hungry......:mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

I hear that gimp who sounds like he'd get a nosebleed if he crossed O'Connell Bridge is tired of chawrsherd accayntancy and is now reminiscing of Summers past where his mewm (that's Mammy to the rest of us) would make her legendary Cewk Flewts (Coke Floats), and they'd just like, chill on the grass. Sigh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

and all that Jazzzzzzzzzzzzz.

128952817531085358.jpg

blow it out your ar$e.

If I hear one more stupid horse pun, I'm gonna get down on my knees and horsey kick the radio out the window.

If I hear one more stupid horse pun, I'm gonna get down on my knees and horsey kick the radio out the window.

I can't understand those advertisers hoof gone to such an effort to make all these puns, they really de-track from the message, but in their de-fence, they get the mane point across.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Today fm have an ad for for some new holiday break website they have set up. The wife rings up her husband to tell him about. He says something like 'Me Likes, Me likes very much'. The 2 of them should be nominated for the worst person ever awards. Thinking about it makes me want to stick knitting needles in my ears so I never hear it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

"Samba Millionaire Raffle!" :confused:
    Pretty much all the Lotto ads are horrible, the ones with people listing what they'd do for a million. Not to mention the guy at the end of all of them is so unbelievably camp that he makes Alan Hughes sound like Lee Marvin.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Diving Board

Scanger rapping (badly) on taxi ad, they hardly create a positive image of the company. I would be scared of getting robbed in a taxi like this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

That little ****e in the Eircom ads. Grrr. he's on the tv ads as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

That little ****e in the Eircom ads. Grrr. he's on the tv ads as well.

Eircom Jim?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Diving Board

So why did you choose xyz shop to buy your kids school books?
    Aliens
    What?
    Aliens

Who writes this crud?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement