Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

So why did you choose xyz shop to buy your kids school books?
    Aliens
    What?
    Aliens

Who writes this crud?

The same arsehole transplant who did the hilarious Eason's ad which has the guy mentioning 'a little cross dressing'? How controversial, how risqué - my God it's just so hip I'm off to Eason's this very minute. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭Pa Dee

All Kildare Village ads. Silly breathless sex in the city wannabe tart

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

The current BOI radio ad about them having money to lend used to include the line that apart from having money to lend "we need to lend money" or words to that effect.

Unsurprisingly, that line was quickly cut.

Sorry, dont have a link to either the current or previous version; perhaps someone else heard it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

So why did you choose xyz shop to buy your kids school books?AliensWhat?Aliens

http://www.tvads.ie/ads/1192-eason-s-into-aliens

This one? It's the guy voicing it that annoys me.. Sounds like he has some sort of speech impediment, yet still he gets voiceover work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

el diablo wrote: »
    Eircom Jim?

Possibly Jim when he was 8. Some uppity little ****e of a young lad being all smug about eircoms 'study hub' and other ancillary crap which no-one thinks about when deciding on their ISP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

why do coilte feel the need to tell the public what a fantastic quango they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

neris wrote: »
    why do coilte feel the need to tell the public what a fantastic quango they are.

Because they want there to be as much public out-roar as possible when they're put on the block for sale shortly; or they want to increase the price. I can't tell which.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

neris wrote: »

Heard ad, it's for nothing at all (they don't even list their website) - sounds like they had budget they had to spend, if they don't spend their budget it gets cut the following year, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Possibly Jim when he was 8. Some uppity little ****e of a young lad being all smug about eircoms 'study hub' and other ancillary crap which no-one thinks about when deciding on their ISP.

Awful little gobsheen. I can't abide the use of children in any form of ad media really, they just bug the hell out of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

bulmers ad with that iritating little pansy voiced fella going on about free music in the ifsc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

If they cast their "talent" net a little further than Dalkey perhaps the ****e in question wouldn't have been as uppity :)

There's something that doesn't sound quite right with "The Dunbrody Famine Ship Experience!", it almost sounds like some kind of thrill ride. Experience it all! Blight! Starvation! Scurvy! Infant Mortality! Eviction! All in glorious Technicolor! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

eircom one with 'little Jim'

one with kids singing/taking a dump on We Will Rock You

"I will remember to...pick up the dry cleaning" You've forgotten it for long enough missus if you still haven't picked it up yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

So why did you choose xyz shop to buy your kids school books?
    Aliens
    What?
    Aliens

Who writes this crud?

24698215.jpg

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Those goddamn Marathon Sports Travel are back. 'Welcome to World Football'

RAGE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Ciaran_B wrote: »

RAGE.

There's a suite of them; but the one that says "da teea-tur of dreams" is the most irritating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

RAGE.

Ah Jaysus. :mad:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

RAGE.

Da tee-atur of dhreams

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

You never hear them advertising trips up to the Brandy Well to watch Bray Wanderers take on Derry City.. :pac:

"The Flower Of Scotland, The Bread Of heaven"..

Oh just go and fk off ye muppet.. dear god..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I find nearly all ads on radio annoying these days, simply because ads are repeated so often on Irish radio.

A new one comes along, say for example the one where the young lad questions some old codger about what his new broadband offers him. It sounds ok cos its new and you haven't heard it before. Then by the end of the week you have heard it for the 200th time, and it really grates on you, making you channel hop every time it comes on.

And every advert is the same.

• Advertisement

The eircom one is killing me with the little kid. Especially because if the kid knew anything he'd say go with UPC who are way faster and cheaper too... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Someone should let Katie Taylor know that her name is now being used to promote a skanger-y Dublin taxi firm.

Isn't there laws against this sort of thing? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

telekon wrote: »
    Someone should let Katie Taylor know that her name is now being used to promote a skanger-y Dublin taxi firm.

Isn't there laws against this sort of thing? :confused:
    I just heard that on newstalk, and they used "we faster than bolt" or some line similar, they should get a slap for jumping on the bandwagon as everybody seems to be in Olympic mood these days.

miketv wrote: »
    I just heard that on newstalk, and they used "we faster than bolt"

I remember hearing that the other day in the car and remarking "you'd want to be, you're in a fecking car".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Pat McDonald Paints. It has the most stomach-churning jingle I can imagine. It's like the inbred offspring of 70s disco and gospel music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭squonk

Liberty Insurance with their 'Out quotes are this good' spiel. Most of the scenarios are fairly impractical. One I heard this morning was something like 'teacher living in Rathfarnham with a Ford Fiesta doing 5K a year, 10 years something and 5 years No Claims Bonus'. If you're only dong 5000Km a year, why bother having a feckin car in the first place? All I'm hearing is some poor woman going to work, coming home and not leaving the house until she's off to work again. She's got no friends and never goes anywhere and is borderline agorophobic since she's living very close to her work so at least the car makes her feel enclosed. It might be a true quote but I'd rather hear of someone dong even 10000-15000Km a year for whatever price that would be. It'd be far more realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

dulpit wrote: »
    The eircom one is killing me with the little kid. Especially because if the kid knew anything he'd say go with UPC who are way faster and cheaper too... :mad:

Both the radio and tv ad for Eircom does my head in. 'But what about studyhub Dad' or 'No music hub dad? I'm gonna have to bunk into a festival' If I had children that annoying I'd chop my balls off to prevent further mistakes.

Pat McDonald Paints. It has the most stomach-churning jingle I can imagine. It's like the inbred offspring of 70s disco and gospel music.

"We've won this ad in a competition"...

I thought they'd just made it themselves..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

"We've won this ad in a competition"...

I thought they'd just made it themselves..

They won a competition? Who were their opponents, Anglo Irish Bank?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

The 11890 Advert.

The sound engineer who recorded this should be locked into a room and have it played to him on a continuous loop until he promises to never release such distorted, out of phase muck ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

The TodayFm Breaks ad appears to be going out of it way to irritate with its cringing innuendo and risible dialog.

"Me likey"
    "No slumming it for us, Honey!"
    "I'm off to tell Ed and Irene"

Fcuk right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

Speaking of Today FM... laugh, like there's no tomorrow...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Brace Yourselves

"The Night Joe Dolan's Car Broke Down is back by popular demand".

I blame this fúcker :mad:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqlJ5gjiUeA9iW11ctesYXz7mNv3MzaLVxAeqlyY0UoK4av6MA9g

Lapin wrote: »
    Brace Yourselves

"The Night Joe Dolan's Car Broke Down is back by popular demand".

I blame this fúcker :mad:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqlJ5gjiUeA9iW11ctesYXz7mNv3MzaLVxAeqlyY0UoK4av6MA9g

noooo.jpeg

squonk wrote: »
    Liberty Insurance with their 'Out quotes are this good' spiel. Most of the scenarios are fairly impractical. One I heard this morning was something like 'teacher living in Rathfarnham with a Ford Fiesta doing 5K a year, 10 years something and 5 years No Claims Bonus'. If you're only dong 5000Km a year, why bother having a feckin car in the first place? All I'm hearing is some poor woman going to work, coming home and not leaving the house until she's off to work again. She's got no friends and never goes anywhere and is borderline agorophobic since she's living very close to her work so at least the car makes her feel enclosed. It might be a true quote but I'd rather hear of someone dong even 10000-15000Km a year for whatever price that would be. It'd be far more realistic.

Probably only shaved a final tenner off the quote - the difference for bringing mine down to 5k (I have a company car as well, which gets used most of the time) was about that much.

Still unrealistic situations, though - representative of a tiny % of the population and no more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

That stupid quiz one on Newstalk..."who scored the goal to deny Kerry their four in a row?

Mike Tyson......"

Have you suffered a brain injury?:mad:

TodayFM Breaks - just how many radio station hotel breaks websites are there for this to apparently be the best??

"And on the pans-" *smashes radio*

One of the most unbearable radio ads I have ever heard. Has the rare ability to make me want to take a shotgun to the radio on the first hearing. For those who don't know it's an ad for some washing up product (possibly Percil) that features some kids doing the most horrific version of "We Will Rock You" to ever infect the medium of the air. Honestly, if Jedward and Rebecca Black collaborated on a cover of Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" it would have a hard time being this painful.

I hope Brian May hears it and upon waking from the ensuing coma, sues the company who made it. Then I hope that the sentence is bankruptcy for the company and a quick injection of the Ebola virus for everyone who helped make the ad happen (and yes, I absolutely include the children in the ad for that one).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

There's an ad for some storage company, where the guy gives the phone number and it's "nawt naughsh, nawt naughsh" at the end. Drives me cracked how he says it! I think the Brits and Americans say "double oh double oh" which is much easier on the ears!

Why does the Irish guy have to say it like a Garda?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I heard a dreadful thing for Vodafone Yesterday on Today FM.

It was some kind of choir singing a jingle over and over getting an octave higer with each verse.

It was a seriously seriously annoying ad and if I have the misfortune to hear it again I'll seriously seriously consider complaining about it.

Not messing here. I honestly think this ad is so bad that it is capable of causing traffic accidents.

God help anyone near the Headford Road roundabout if this ad comes on while I'm driving around it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

C14N wrote: »

One of the most unbearable radio ads I have ever heard. Has the rare ability to make me want to take a shotgun to the radio on the first hearing. For those who don't know it's an add for some washing up product (possibly Percil) that features some kids doing the most horrific version of "We Will Rock You" to ever infect the medium of the air. Honestly, if Jedward and Rebecca Black collaborated on a cover of Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" it would have a hard time being this painful.

I hope Brian May hears it and upon waking from the ensuing coma, sues the company who made it. Then I hope that the sentence is bankruptcy for the company and a quick injection of the Ebola virus for everyone who helped make the ad happen (and yes, I absolutely include the children in the ad for that one).

Yeah... worst. Ad. Ever. I actually felt like just flinging my computer off the desk when it came on the internet radio this morning. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭hughjohn

Actually I hate ALL radio ads and immeadiately switch channels when they come on. Irritates me when presenters say " dont go away, we'll be right back".

I shout back at them "going away , mightn't be back." Makes me feel marginally better anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

One of the most unbearable radio ads I have ever heard. Has the rare ability to make me want to take a shotgun to the radio on the first hearing. For those who don't know it's an ad for some washing up product (possibly Percil) that features some kids doing the most horrific version of "We Will Rock You" to ever infect the medium of the air. Honestly, if Jedward and Rebecca Black collaborated on a cover of Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" it would have a hard time being this painful.

Someone give this person a medal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

fricatus wrote: »
    There's an ad for some storage company, where the guy gives the phone number and it's "nawt naughsh, nawt naughsh" at the end. Drives me cracked how he says it! I think the Brits and Americans say "double oh double oh" which is much easier on the ears!

Why does the Irish guy have to say it like a Garda?

Ah that's Rory...from Elephant self-storage...?

- ya know, RORY !

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

This sounds amazing. Anyone got a link?

Cheers.

This sounds amazing. Anyone got a link?

Cheers.

Watch at your own peril

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Paul Galvin advertising school books - Dear sweet baby Jesus make it stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

That taxi firms ad on newstalk.
    "if yer on the raz, or headin up to yer mas"
    Hate it. That kind of crap shouldn't be allowed on air. Does anyone regulate this sh¡t?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭Pa Dee

MJ23 wrote: »
    That taxi firms ad on newstalk.
    "if yer on the raz, or headin up to yer mas"
    Hate it. That kind of crap shouldn't be allowed on air. Does anyone regulate this sh¡t?
    It's certainly catchy ! "if yer on a blind date or going for somethin' ta ate"

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

The Pharmaton ad doing the rounds at the moment is a creative low point in someone's career.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement