Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Sometimes dad forgets to take his medicine or lugafter himself.... Now, I couldnt be fkn bothered doing it myself, so what I do is pay somebody else to do it...
    homecare.ie .. .we care so you dont have to..

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

Sometimes dad forgets to take his medicine or lugafter himself.... Now, I couldnt be fkn bothered doing it myself, so what I do is pay somebody else to do it...

Didn't realise that ad was still playing. I emailed them to complain about it and, to their credit, they actually replied. As you might expect, they "didn't intend to cause any offence" and apologised if they had done so.

The ad really is repugnant and how anyone approved it is hard to credit.

For anyone else who would like to submit feedback:

info@myhomecare.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Agreed. It was discussed a few months ago, it's awful...

Also:
    *ding dong* Looking for a house to sell?

Please go away Bartholomew...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

I really hope Dad dies soon so I can get my inheritance. My Celtic Tiger lifestyle means I’m too busy to deal with his issues.

Seriously, are Eircom setting out to have the most irritating ads on the planet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭touts

MJ23 wrote: »
    That taxi firms ad on newstalk.
    "if yer on the raz, or headin up to yer mas"
    Hate it. That kind of crap shouldn't be allowed on air. Does anyone regulate this sh¡t?

I think it is one of the worst ads ever. I would be afraid to get into one of their cabs after that. Everytime it is on all I can think of is

When ure looting clonsilla or just a south side villa
    If ure on the run or going up to de joy
    If ure going robbin or a tourist boppin
    get off that roof, roide with us
    get off that rap, roide with us
    Scumbag Scumbag Scumbag

And then next ad break they are targetting the business market with the "have you got a number for a taxi, oh I wouldnt use them" ad. I think its a case of a creative ad company being let run wild.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭el diablo

The McDonald's ad where some chick almost has an orgasm talking about a manky McDonald's chicken wrap. :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭el diablo

touts wrote: »
    I think it is one of the worst ads ever. I would be afraid to get into one of their cabs after that. Everytime it is on all I can think of is

When ure looting clonsilla or just a south side villa
    If ure on the run or going up to de joy
    If ure going robbin or a tourist boppin
    get off that roof, roide with us
    get off that rap, roide with us
    Scumbag Scumbag Scumbag

And then next ad break they are targetting the business market with the "have you got a number for a taxi, oh I wouldnt use them" ad. I think its a case of a creative ad company being let run wild.

You, my friend have too much time on your hands.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I really hate the today fm hotel break getaway ad, after he realizes that she wants to go on holiday and not end the relationship he then says THE most annoying thing ever on the airways, "me likey, me likey very much" if I was with anyone who said that trust me I would be going on my own. Stupid talk, arrrrrgghhhhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Anyone remember Husqvarna Chainsaws? I honestly think the man doing the voiceover has his jaw wired shut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭neris

Anyone remember Husqvarna Chainsaws? I honestly think the man doing the voiceover has his jaw wired shut.

thats the gardner guy from the mooney show. dermot i think. sounds like a speech impedement or lisp in fairness to him

Anyone hear an ad with Paul Galvin in it for some school book sales site? Bit random, sounds like it cost about a tenner to make, and strange that he's advertising a school book site with his history of teaching...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I really hate the today fm hotel break getaway ad, after he realizes that she wants to go on holiday and not end the relationship he then says THE most annoying thing ever on the airways, "me likey, me likey very much" if I was with anyone who said that trust me I would be going on my own. Stupid talk, arrrrrgghhhhh

That is a bad ad on so many levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

" EURO CYCLE ... EURO BABY " god it took FM104 years to get rid of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

Whatever gimp currently advertising Lionel Ritchie and Jesus Christ Superstar whilst doing an impression of Darkplace's Dr. Rick Dagless MD needs to be strung up. I thought fake American accents were bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Diving Board

That taxi firms ad on newstalk.
    "if yer on the raz, or headin up to yer mas"
    Hate it. That kind of crap shouldn't be allowed on air. Does anyone regulate this sh¡t?

I'd be afeared of being robbed by this crowd!

"me likey, me likey very much" if I was with anyone who said that trust me I would be going on my own. Stupid talk, arrrrrgghhhhh
    I wouldn't trust someone who talks like that to SURVIVE a weekend on their own. They'd probably kill themselves with a toaster.

Lets print again like we did last Summer
    Lets wow the boss then collect the dry cleaning

I’ve no idea what is being advertised in this ad. I do know the woman singing it is an absolute crow. Terrible stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Ciaran_B wrote: »

I’ve no idea what is being advertised in this ad. I do know the woman singing it is an absolute crow. Terrible stuff.

I didn't even know those were the words but yes, this one is really bad. It doesn't help that I always seem to hear it in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭optogirl

Ciaran_B wrote: »

This one almost moves me to tears of anger every morning. Have to rip off my headphones as soon as I hear her voice 'Cmon lets print again' Oh jebus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭Doodah7

What the fook with the new Lyons Tea ad: 'would you like to see me in a see-through teddy nightdress Master Blender?' after drinking 'pillow talk' infused tea????

And at 7.30 in the morning too!!

I think thats mario rosenstock doing the voice over. the gift grub sketches must be on their last legs. its a long way from doing private gigs for the chelsea team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

tallpaul wrote: »
    What the fook with the new Lyons Tea ad: 'would you like to see me in a see-through teddy nightdress Master Blender?' after drinking 'pillow talk' infused tea????

And at 7.30 in the morning too!!

Heard that this morning for the first time. Jeebus. I nearly crashed the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Quiggers59

The Paul Galvin radio sounds like it was made by a Transition year class,old codgers like me can remember Pearl and Dean adverts that ran in cinemas,this is even worse than their creations.

And as for the Xmas chestnut of the man who buys himself a train set before telling his long suffering wife to "put on the kettle" so he can drink a cup of Barry's tea. Aaaaaaaaaagggggggggggghhhhhhhhh. make it herself you self centred gob****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Some husky voiced broad who does the opening ads to the breakfast show on NT. It's actually quite amusing, Noostalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

MaxSteele wrote: »

What a ridiculous name for a company. Do they sell babies and bikes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

FBD win again -the latest one with some 'ruaridl' (I can't decide whether it's a genuine or a p1sstake) accent with its premuim and car values in "yohewero".

some ad for baby milk with the stuck up bitch telling us we know well that she breast fed her baby.

neris wrote: »
    some ad for baby milk with the stuck up bitch telling us we know well that she breast fed her baby.

The worst part is the start - she says "again". They hired her for TWO ads?! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭8mv

Quiggers59 wrote: »
    The Paul Galvin radio sounds like it was made by a Transition year class,old codgers like me can remember Pearl and Dean adverts that ran in cinemas,this is even worse than their creations.

And as for the Xmas chestnut of the man who buys himself a train set before telling his long suffering wife to "put on the kettle" so he can drink a cup of Barry's tea. Aaaaaaaaaagggggggggggghhhhhhhhh. make it herself you self centred gob****e.

I agree with you on the Paul Galvin ad but that Christmas (note: not Xmas) ad for Barry's Tea is sacrosanct. Yes, it's cheesey and sacarine, but it signals the start of the festive season when you hear it for the first time.

• Advertisement

Just when you thought the ads for Micks Garage couldn't get any worse along comes one advertising a promotion for the month of July. Unless they're advertising this 10 months in advance........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

MaxSteele wrote: »
    bohsboy wrote: »
    What a ridiculous name for a company. Do they sell babies and bikes?

No.

They sell recycled babies for a euro.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Cookie Policy

Unsure if it's already been posted but - the 1820 20 20 cabs ads. The first one they had was al-right, but their new one sounds like a 10 year old produced it on an electronic keyboard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

In stereotypical "old woman" voice..

"You know about Sunday dinner, Sunday roast, Sunday stroke, Sunday scrambling across the floor trying to ring 999, Sunday waiting for the fkn ambulance to arrive :-("

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭cml387

"You know about Sunday dinner, Sunday roast, Sunday stroke, Sunday scrambling across the floor trying to ring 999, Sunday waiting for the fkn ambulance to arrive :-("

Yes, for Blackrock Clinic. What kind of Sunday Emergency would warrant a visit I wonder. Hit in the eye with a champagne cork?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

cml387 wrote: »
    Yes, for Blackrock Clinic. What kind of Sunday Emergency would warrant a visit I wonder. Hit in the eye with a champagne cork?

How about Monday getting your credit card out?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

"Thow.....whe've juhth thwitched our broadband thupplier"
    "To Eircom?"
    "No, young man....why?"
    :mad:

The Gathering. Sounds like a desperate attempt by the school looser to organise their birthday party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Belvita Breakfast Biscuits. Ridiculous product, worse ad.

The way she says 'Belvita Breakfast Biscuits' with "her mouth full" just gets on my nerves like you wouldn't believe. :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

8mv wrote: »
    that Christmas (note: not Xmas) ad for Barry's Tea is sacrosanct. Yes, it's cheesey and sacarine, but it signals the start of the festive season when you hear it for the first time.

It ruins christmas for me every year.

Those fecking Micheal O'Muircheartaigh Super Value all-Ireland ads are back on every single ad-break at the moment. I've stopped listening to the radio for fear of hearing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

The ad for McDonalds breakfast where yer mans alarm is going off for about 30 seconds. I have only heard it twice and already hate it.
    Any of those ads done in skobie Dublin accent, Micks gaddage, taxi company's with stupid songs.

I heard a semi-Christmas ad today for Kube kitchens (don't forget - that's Kube with a 'k'), not cool...

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Diving Board

"Flirty smiles, cheeky smiles, loving smiles.....yada yada yada, terms and conditions apply"
    I have no idea what this advert is for but the womans fake schoolgirly voice really turns me off the advert :mad:

subway. they couldnt have gotten a more boring subway owner to take about bread and fillings.

Flora pro active. the dull sounding woman who has a flora after her dinner and walk on the beach. hope she doesnt talk to the fish they,ll die of boredom

subway. they couldnt have gotten a more boring subway owner to take about bread and fillings.

Flora pro active. the dull sounding woman who has a flora after her dinner and walk on the beach. hope she doesnt talk to the fish they,ll die of boredom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

xxyyzz wrote: »

Those fecking Micheal O'Muircheartaigh Super Value all-Ireland ads are back on every single ad-break at the moment. I've stopped listening to the radio for fear of hearing them.

Yep, that Barry's tea ad is shyte alright and Micheal O Muircheartaigh is on the radio more now than he was before he retired....
    "Want to know what it's like being blind...? Well, close yer eyes!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭ofcork

UPC ads are starting to annoy me now,apart from the fact its always on and we know UPC rhymes with tv...no one does tv like upc ok we get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

neris wrote: »
    The Gathering. Sounds like a desperate attempt by the school looser to organise their birthday party

Yeah, that ad where yer man talks about all the trouble they caused the last time, and he's referring to the Vikings :rolleyes:

Bloody awful, and what really annoys me is that your woman says "get over it, it was 1,500 years ago". If they had thought for just one second and remembered their 6th-standard history, they'd know it was more like a thousand years ago! Does nobody check this sort of thing? :confused:

The ad for McDonalds breakfast where yer mans alarm is going off for about 30 seconds. I have only heard it twice and already hate it.

Yeah, that's a real "it was funny the first time" sort of ad, isn't it?

Any of those ads done in skobie Dublin accent, Micks gaddage, taxi company's with stupid songs.

That one on Newstalk all the time "if yah gowin to yah maa's or gowin ouh on de raaz". Straight Outta Coolock :rolleyes:

fricatus wrote: »
    That one on Newstalk all the time "if yah gowin to yah maa's or gowin ouh on de raaz". Straight Outta Coolock :rolleyes:

S.W.A. - Skangerz With Attitudes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

xxyyzz wrote: »

that guys voice gives me migraines. 'the craic outside sooper valoo waiting for the bus to croke park'

all adds for leopardstown Inn - not only are they rubbish but how can a pub afford so much advertising.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement