Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭8mv

I haven't looked back through the thread, but I assume the Pharmaton ad has made an appearance? The one with some woman singing embarassing new words to the "Lets Twist Again" tune.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

8mv wrote: »
    I haven't looked back through the thread, but I assume the Pharmaton ad has made an appearance? The one with some woman singing embarassing new words to the "Lets Twist Again" tune.

Yes. You are in company here as that one has already been given a good harsh lashing. The ad that is. Not the singer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I hope that woman chokes on her kiltifeely ballybridgewater sausages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

xxyyzz wrote: »

Now where is that again? Don't tell me... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭califano

In a few current but unmemorable ads i notice kids firmly being placed in an authoritative and brash role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

xxyyzz wrote: »

Yes she sounds smarmy... like a tv ad before for danone with "biffidus essensis" and a soccer mom talking about "conor" who we assume was her son... and how conor needed this and that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

D is for...Dubliner (times infinity)

The only positive thing about this ad is that it reminds me of Ted's initial attempts to teach Father Jack how to say 'That would be an ecumenical matter'. Otherwise it falls firmly into that nightmare category summed up accurately by rounders123 above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭cml387

RSA ad for checking your tyres in winter.

It's "tread" not "thread", moron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

"The Eurocycles Euro Baby, Prices Can't bay batin!"...

Bloody song is in my head all day!:eek:

My new favourite one to hate!!!!!!

A crowd of voice over artists real people on a real street heartily endorsing a nutri-grain bar of some sort.

Almost as good as the one for a bank where a random bloke chirps up with "We're saving for a baby", yeah, off ebay no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

There is one for the new Madagascar film with some animal singing the typical circus song, then saying the word "circus", and then what sounds like "afro circus" ...its bloody annoying and bloody awful...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Saggy Tatersack

cml387 wrote: »
    RSA ad for checking your tyres in winter.

It's "tread" not "thread", moron.

Tread is the correct term. Thread is, a) something you reply to on an internet forum, b) used to sew knickers in Coronation Street, c) a type of worm. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭cml387

Tread is the correct term. Thread is, a) something you reply to on an internet forum, b) used to sew knickers in Coronation Street, c) a type of worm. ;)

Yes. That's what I was sayin'

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Saggy Tatersack

cml387 wrote: »
    Yes. That's what I was sayin'

So it was. Guess who feels like a moron now? Sorry about that. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

The ads for the latest Christine O'Sullivan gig are already starting to wreck my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

I just heard one for Netflix. A soldier is shouting about being in a life or death situation (you can hear gunfire around him) but the bloke he's talking to just can't decide what movies to watch.

It's bizarre, and at the risk of sounding like a grump, I think quite disrespectful to the people who actually go and risk their lives in warzones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭el diablo

The ad for the Louise Duffy Show on Today FM where Paul Collins is asking questions about the Premier League in his thickest bog accent.

That chap's not right in the head. :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    The ad for the Louise Duffy Show on Today FM where Paul Collins is asking questions about the Premier League in his thickest bog accent.

That chap's not right in the head. :rolleyes:

My name is Paul Collins :( I hate the man though, he's ruining my good name with his stupid country-isms...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭neris

cant stand paul collins and fake thick bogger eejit accent. he did an ad for some charity a while ago with a sterotypical thick culchieism.

soc160 wrote: »
    There is one for the new Madagascar film with some animal singing the typical circus song, then saying the word "circus", and then what sounds like "afro circus" ...its bloody annoying and bloody awful...

Just heard that this morning. jesus its annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Orielle

Why are so many women in ads called Maeve...I don't like these 'Maeves'

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

There is a new Mick's Garage one, Same fella minus the 'howiya' accent, it's a lot more bearable.

There is a new Mick's Garage one, Same fella minus the 'howiya' accent, it's a lot more bearable.

Heard that too, agreed.. It's essentially the exact same content, but much more listenable...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

dulpit wrote: »
    Heard that too, agreed.. It's essentially the exact same content, but much more listenable...

Yeah it's a lot easier to listen to... I just wish they would do the same for the rest of Newstalk's ads... more annoying and repetitive than the ads on any other channel.. Morepa :mad: "Pay your taxes now" every five fkn minutes :mad:

At least that Tony Cascarino "grab your balls" ad is gone.. Jesus that turned me in to a nutcase..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Gammell Financial services - it's been the who wants to be a millionaire ad for almost 10 years - now they have a new one - Get me Out of here - equally as bad

Eurobaby - with the dodgy didley eye music - yahoo

some ad for Boilers - yer man has SUCH an irritating voice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭ofcork

That mobilecover.ie ad sounds like something from late night tv channels.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

India Spice ad is hilariously bad.

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    India Spice ad is hilariously bad.

Yup, it's like a bad rip off of the NRC (taxi taxi taxi) ad :mad:

Anyone remember the latest Burger King ad? It sounds like a Motown singer was hired to sing Rebecca Black's "Friday".

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

The Estate Agent ad with the screaming baby. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

It's already been mentioned, but the Dubliner Cheese ad needs to go now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,937 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Worst adbreak ever on Spin a few days ago. Contained:

EatinDublin13 or whatever, where half the ad is spent explaining why they picked their already over-long domain name over an even longer one.

Some discount card 'scheme' where you pay for a card to get the same discounts you could probably haggle anyway, lists every shop name going.

That bloody Madagascar one.

I'm not sure if even an adbreak of solid Mary Byrne/Neil Diamond would have been worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

The Ben Dunne gym ad, in what way exactly is it meant to be motivating?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Any of Newstalk's local business bullsh1t for the deputy dog lookalike Bobby Kerr.

Does any one else find it kind of ironic that an organisation who have yet to turn a profit in their ten year existence pontificate about how to run a business?

As someone who can speak German, the new Opel ad makes me cringe.

• Advertisement

the today fm hotels ad with the one whos breaking up with the boyfriend and calls him baby in a squeeky ditzy blonde kind of way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,406 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Heard a new Louise Duffy one today. Paul Collins and a quiz and she answering all the questions. If my memory serves me right has it been said on Here that she comes up with all the stuff she says ?

Anybody feel the excitment growing for "the gathering"? Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

neris wrote: »

It's another farce - note the recent Ad from Failte Ireland (?) 'invite one person home and it's a gathering...' a bit like counting a relation returning from working in England for the weekend as a tourist 'bednight', as they used to do to massage the figures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

Not sure if its been mentioned, but an add for paylesstax.ie or something along those lines. Its so obvious that you are an actor and you have an annoying voice.

I want to punch the radiowaves when I hear it.

• Advertisement

The Brady Family Ham ad with Tommy Tiernan.

What the fúck was he thinking? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

el diablo wrote: »
    The Brady Family Ham ad with Tommy Tiernan.

What the fúck was he thinking? :confused:

In fairness, its the best attempt at being funny I have ever heard from Mr. Tiernan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

In fairness, its the best attempt at being funny I have ever heard from Mr. Tiernan.

That's not Tommy Tiernan. Ray D'Arcy asked him about it on his show the other day and Tiernan said it wasn't him.

Tbh, I think it sounds like one of the dopey lads from the Bulmers ads.

Jason Todd wrote: »
    That's not Tommy Tiernan. Ray D'Arcy asked him about it on his show the other day and Tiernan said it wasn't him.

Tbh, I think it sounds like one of the dopey lads from the Bulmers ads.

He sounds like quite a simple chap anyway, whoever it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Have those soarview ads vanished yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Keedowah wrote: »
    Not sure if its been mentioned, but an add for paylesstax.ie or something along those lines. Its so obvious that you are an actor and you have an annoying voice.

I want to punch the radiowaves when I hear it.

Me too... actually what that ad most reminds me of is those spoof ads on the Grand Theft Auto games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

fricatus wrote: »
    Me too... actually what that ad most reminds me of is those spoof ads on the Grand Theft Auto games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Most of Spin103.8's own ads - American accents make everything cooler... except they don't.

neris wrote: »

Well begorrah begosh, my little wireless twitches with joy each time the ad comes on.:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

eMobile Rob is now getting nearly as annoying as Eircom Jim!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement