Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Poochie05 wrote: »
    eMobile Rob is now getting nearly as annoying as Eircom Jim!

But neither are as annoying as Eircom broadband kid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

My broker says I should move Zuirch.....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I see from checking through this thread that various Zurich ads (remember the yodelling) have been driving people bonkers for years! Surely the ads aren't actually generating any business for them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

He sounds like he's stoned or taking the proverbial or something, very annoying all right...

I see from checking through this thread that various Zurich ads (remember the yodelling) have been driving people bonkers for years! Surely the ads aren't actually generating any business for them?

I quite like the Zurich music, so I don't mind them :o Unless there's yodelling in the ad, in which case :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Here's another question: "how did I land this job although I'm so incompetent?"

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

For a few million Euro this Halloween, I'd stay in a haunted house, in a dark room, with a clown doll..etc,etc
    Why do ANYTHING to become a millionaire, when you can just play the Lotto??!!!!

Because the laws of probability prove that lotteries do not make financial sense. Lotteries the world over are seen as a "Regressive Tax". ie Targeting the less well off in society.
    :mad:
    But do they have to patronise us with really STUPID ads (reciting Ullysses in Chinese in the stlye of Bosco) or this latest effort.
    Give it up. People who play Lotto will continue to do so, but please don't think that this aural torture will increase sales.It won't!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

I agree. Those ads are rubbish. The lottery is a tax on people who don't understand statistics.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

mike65 wrote: »
    Have those soarview ads vanished yet?

Tommy and PJ got done for not having a license, they are up in court next month..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Jesus I hate those Zurich ones, especially the one who used to be in Fair City with the fake Cork accent who then lisps her way through the 'financial regulator/central bank' bit at the end..why would u have someone with a speech impediment voice your adds??!

especially the one who used to be in Fair City with the fake Cork accent who then lisps her way through the 'financial regulator/central bank' bit at the end..why would u have someone with a speech impediment voice your adds??!

That's her. Amelia Crowley

At last somebody who agrees with me... speech impediments on voiceovers. :mad::mad: That guy that does the Eason ads, I always feel like wiping the spit off my face when the ad is over..

I also dont understand how those No Nonsense ads are allowed to have the guy giving the regulator message in a stupid voice.. How is the listener meant to know if it genuine or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

(reciting Ullysses in Chinese in the stlye of Bosco)

As I live in China now, hearing that particular ad on internet radio always makes me cringe. It's so stupid. He even gets the Chinese wrong; he says "wu chao" when he should say "wo jiao".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Does lotto adds about what would you do for a million euros, lazily written and not remotely funny.

The Lemsip ad is just getting on my nerves. The voiceover actress has a really condescending style, it's like she was talking to you as if you were her servant or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

We'll be hearing the Garmin ads on the radio soon, they still play those don't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

The ad for sherry fitzgerald estate agents with the baby crying in it is an absolute joke, firstly the woman's voice is so annoying, then they have a baby crying really loudly, it's possibly the most annoying noise you could hear, no idea why they would use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

As someone who can speak German, the new Opel ad makes me cringe.

Ja, das stimmt... I was gritting my teeth listening to it all right. It's like one of those ads from the '80s with French words in them, and shure it didn't matter whether they were pronounced right or not, because shure who in Ireland would know? The only languages anyone here would know would be English and de oul' cúpla focail - and maybe a bit of Latin from school!

Yeah, awful...

And just to mention Grand Theft Auto-style ads once again, there's an ad on now for some for some food supplement based on krill oil (clearly this year's goji berries... betcha some celebutard or other has recently endorsed it in Now! and everyone's getting it).

Anyway the ad goes something like "whales have known about the beneficial effects of krill oil for 100,000 years" :confused: and then just to make it more authentic, there's a guest whale that makes some sort of, I dunno, whale noise. But the problem is that it just sounds like a giant belch done by a drunk! It's the most awful ad! I really thought it was a p155take and that my car had been tuned to Liberty City Radio by accident!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The one for Kildare Village featuring the woman who has smoked a million cigarettes going on about how fabulous everything is. f*ck off :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

The Dental Smiles ad with the (presumably) blonde doing the voice - you know flirty smiles, cheeky smiles.....dim witted smiles. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭breffni666

Euro cycles Euro baby prices cant be bet!! Great jingle!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

The Rowntrees Fruity-chew 'Happy Chewsday' add. The ad just makes my Tuesdays more irritating.

Oh and the one for Manhattan popcorn that's made in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

breffni666 wrote: »
    Euro cycles Euro baby prices cant be bet!! Great jingle!

tumblr_lmpfj6rjab1qclt3z.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Poochie05

The Lemsip ad is just getting on my nerves. The voiceover actress has a really condescending style, it's like she was talking to you as if you were her servant or something like that.

+5000 to this. She sounds so condescending! I have to turn it off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

I really hope the "Gathering" is a flop. Just heard a cringeworthy as on today fm from some dope telling every one how great she is coz shes inviting her mate who moved from ireland to australia 5 years ago home for a holiday. people who are going to come to ireland are going come anyway they dont need a poxy "invite"

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Dub Ste

It's not even a week since it was announced,but already the ads for "Bon Jovi Live at Slane" are doing my head in.

If I have to put with this until next June,there is a distinct possibility of me going postal,and "falling down"...

"Shot through the heart and you're to blame",.............just give me the chance,that's all I ask:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Double O

Lapin wrote: »
    Double O

If you're referring to Bond being bastardised to promote internet radios, I can hardly disagree.

Christmas ads. Its not even mid november & were being over exposed to this crap already. On monday I heard 3 ads in a row all to do with christmas, now I've just heard santas coming to a shoping centre on a saturday by helicopter. I know, retail is tough but give us a break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Condatis

The TV Licence ads are absurd and inane. I cringe when I hear them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nathangray

Saw this Apache/Irish Sun ad today thought it was gas! but then again i love any combination of the words "pizza" and "one euro" :P

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

I can't believe that Pharmatron ad ("Lets Twist Again") are back and they've added a new one to the tune of Tutti-Frutti. *RAGE*

Little Richard would turn in his grave if he was dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I know it's important to highlight and educate people on diabetes but IMO suggesting people should come and 'celebrate' World Diabetes Day is an inappropriate choice of words...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    I can't believe that Pharmatron ad ("Lets Twist Again") are back and they've added a new one to the tune of Tutti-Frutti. *RAGE*

Little Richard would turn in his grave if he was dead.

It's Niamh from Fair City. I die a bit inside every time i hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

That June Rodgers Panto ad for the Red Cow Hotel is a great oul ad altogether...
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,061 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

anyone know what the music on the new eircom ad on the radio is by?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

anyone know what the music on the new eircom ad on the radio is by?

Grimes. Oblivion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,061 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Grimes. Oblivion.

Thanks great track can track down and listen to some of her other stuff now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Heard the new louise Duffy adds about movember is funny stuff. If it is her that comes up with her own lines then superb stuff from the mayo native.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭8mv

The new Renault ad has cheered me up no end - the guy insisting that they go to the cinema and buy "stuff" there. Quite witty and clever.

Camel and Goat are back.... Wheres my shot gun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

neris wrote: »

Is that for Camel and Goat, or to put yourself out of the misery of listening to them?

• Advertisement

fricatus wrote: »
    Is that for Camel and Goat, or to put yourself out of the misery of listening to them?

Think for me cause sounds like neill delamere is back with his ad for the poor africans to

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Triangular

The UPC saves ad where they have a fake penalty shootout against eircom. it's god awful.

Penalty shoot outs and radio aren't as exciting as whoever signed off on this one would imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

neris wrote: »

"Sure doesn't everyone love a goat."

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    "Sure doesn't everyone love a goat."

yep. when its slow roasted and served with cous cous and veg

fricatus wrote: »

At least I get another year out of my own parody..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,046 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

"Hi, I'm Rachel, and I breastfed my baby".

Who the hell are you? And why do we need to know your name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

That James Bond double-oh ad. Get ta fuk...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

b@starding goat.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,046 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Advert for Roger Waters "The Wall" at the Aviva,

"tickets limited to 8 per person".

8:eek:

Hardly class that as a limit, would you?

I mean who would ever need to buy 8 tickets in one go, no-one has that many close friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

NIMAN wrote: »
    Advert for Roger Waters "The Wall" at the Aviva,

"tickets limited to 8 per person".

8:eek:

Hardly class that as a limit, would you?

I mean who would ever need to buy 8 tickets in one go, no-one has that many close friends.

Yeah I thought it seemed a bit high but I have seen cases where someone bought tickets for a group that size before. I just wish it wasn't the same ad as they played last time Roger Waters came.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement