Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I actually love the RTE Radio TV Licence ads. Would love to have them all on MP3. 'Pay yourself' and 'four of penticles' are now catchphrases in the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

And the Saorview ads still continue... at least without Tommy and PJ though.

Wonder will this go on indefinitely...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

C14N wrote: »
    Yeah I thought it seemed a bit high but I have seen cases where someone bought tickets for a group that size before. I just wish it wasn't the same ad as they played last time Roger Waters came.

Yeh, but would Floyd fans know when they got to eight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Just wondering about that stupid Roger Waters ad. Did they not say last time it was aired that it was the last time to see him? And did he personally tear down the Berlin wall? :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 eminoz

neris wrote: »
    Camel and Goat are back.... Wheres my shot gun

Bang! but other culprits too for another reason- the giving of (cows/goats/bees/camels)(- what's Camel doing here?)
    Anyway, they’re all maddening (not just for the voices)( Oh dear god, the goat for malawi is back.)

What (I don’t hearyou ask) can possibly be wrong with sending (cows/goats/bees/whatever) to poor families in Africa? Isn’t it a great idea? Well, nothing, apart from it's all about the Giver, only-
    “Surprise!! I’m such a Caring Person, I donated your present to Malawi! Think of all the good a goat will do! I know - it’s given me a Great Warm Glow!
    - But what’s this you’ve got me? Jo Malone? Fab!!”
    (Are we there yet?) or
    “Happy Christmas, Darling! Oh, I know you were hoping for fabulous shoes, but nooooo! - you silly puss - I’ve bought you a cow instead! Yes, a cow. No, I’m not being rude. Oh here we go again…
    Sucks.
    Better ask first...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I hope Barry's Tea give the train set Dad a year or two off.

Twas a grand cosy ad the first time it was aired, but its annual repetition turned it into an irritating piece of schmaltz.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 eminoz

At least the Barrys Tea ad was good!
    It is getting a bit like Graybo's recipe for Christmas Cake, though, - an institution.

I do love his voice, though - and the Train! Sigh!
    (I reeeally like trains so am perhaps a bit partisan)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

This is "new oardinary" panto, [annoying kids]it's a gaeity panto[/annoying kids].
    :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Happy smiiiles, FLIRRRty smiiiles... :rolleyes:

Does my head in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

The female voice over advertising the new Love/Hate series on Radio1:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

fricatus wrote: »
    Happy smiiiles, FLIRRRty smiiiles... :rolleyes:

Does my head in!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81533328&postcount=3819

Beat you to it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Suitable Company

Closing Down....again!

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

That ad for Rod Stewart, i hate it

"Coming to Island, Rod Stoowatt"

Go away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

LOL, didn't think I'd been first to notice that ad anyway...

dim witted smiles.

Hehe... yep!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I heard that bastard goat for the first time today. I couldn't describe to you the level of violence I'd subject that goat to if I got my hands on him. It frightens me that I could have that quantity of hatred and venom within me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

eminoz wrote: »
    Bang! but other culprits too for another reason- the giving of (cows/goats/bees/camels)(- what's Camel doing here?)
    Anyway, they’re all maddening (not just for the voices)( Oh dear god, the goat for malawi is back.)

What (I don’t hearyou ask) can possibly be wrong with sending (cows/goats/bees/whatever) to poor families in Africa? Isn’t it a great idea? Well, nothing, apart from it's all about the Giver, only-
    “Surprise!! I’m such a Caring Person, I donated your present to Malawi! Think of all the good a goat will do! I know - it’s given me a Great Warm Glow!
    - But what’s this you’ve got me? Jo Malone? Fab!!”
    (Are we there yet?) or
    “Happy Christmas, Darling! Oh, I know you were hoping for fabulous shoes, but nooooo! - you silly puss - I’ve bought you a cow instead! Yes, a cow. No, I’m not being rude. Oh here we go again…
    Sucks.
    Better ask first...

I tried and failed to understand what this post said.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

I actually love the RTE Radio TV Licence ads. Would love to have them all on MP3. 'Pay yourself' and 'four of penticles' are now catchphrases in the office.

Ah, I'm sure the hours in the office just fly by....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

That Goat would want to be one big b@stard, seeing as Ethiopians alone are churning out 1.5 million new sprogs each year. Since the famine in the 80's the population has doubled from 40 million to 80 million.

We should be sending condoms, not goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

That Goat would want to be one big b@stard, seeing as Ethiopians alone are churning out 1.5 million new sprogs each year. Since the famine in the 80's the population has doubled from 40 million to 80 million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,351 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

The ad for the 'June Rogers Christmas Show' makes me curl up on the floor in the foetal position and shake uncontrollably. Nobody in my office asks me what's up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

There has been attempts to teach these people about responsible sexual activities before, seems like it has been to no avail though. I was involved in a GOAL initiative in college to spread awareness in Africa.

That goat stirs so many dark emotions in me, I want to put his head in a vice and repeatedly shoot rounds of ammo into him. I'd then set his carcass on fire, urinating on it beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

The new Renault ads are - I thought I'd never say this about an ad - brilliant, they're actually realistic and don't feature some vocally-challenged cow singing awful re-writes of rock'n'roll songs.

MJ23 wrote: »
    That ad for Rod Stewart, i hate it

"Coming to Island, Rod Stoowatt"

Go away.

Is this by the guy who speaks of "whirld sewers"?

I heard that bastard goat for the first time today. I couldn't describe to you the level of violence I'd subject that goat to if I got my hands on him. It frightens me that I could have that quantity of hatred and venom within me.

Those trees aren't really doing you much good then!

The new Renault ads are - I thought I'd never say this about an ad - brilliant, they're actually realistic and don't feature some vocally-challenged cow singing awful re-writes of rock'n'roll songs.

Agree 100%...think the immersion heater one is the best so far. Just about stays short of being over the top.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Wogan is on telling us to use Shannon Airport because Marilyn Monroe passed through it once, and they invented Duty Free in Nineteen Hundred and Diddley.

Yes Terry, those are great reasons to go to an Airport which has hardly any flights leaving it :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

The fact that Yeltzin failed to get off the plane and have a pint with Albert Reynolds is the main reason I fly from the place. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Brace Yourselves - the 'iloveshopping.ie' Christmas ad is back... *shudder*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Two major hates of mine at the moment

all the eircom mobile ads - pretentious disingenuous twaddle
    the Irish Times Story of Why - arrrggghhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

dulpit wrote: »
    That James Bond double-oh ad. Get ta fuk...

I will never buy that brand of Internet radio. Hate that advert more than any other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Love the ad where the woman gets into a panic after having left the immersion on while out for a walk with the husband. Her shrill 'the immersion!!!!' cracks me up every time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Camel and Goat are back.... Wheres my shot gun

Thread with a hilarious title about this over on After Hours: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056812119

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

I feel the need to offload 4 in 1 go:

Danske Bank- Its unfortunate that the voiceover artist sounds like Richie Boucher.

BER Certificate-Building Energy Rating bull, ingeniously stretched into "Bare", better had the just called it "Berc"

The Gathering, yes I know, but I could have sworn that the original ads stated that whenever 3 or more joined together, that was a "Gathering", now its just 2 needed to meet the criteria??

The ESB Electricle Ireland- Some pointless excercise about empowering kindness??? WTF?????

Chris O Donohoe on Newstake thinks its great altogether, nuff said.

Not just be simpler to kindly cut their Energy Prices for a month?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

How many pointless ads are on radio for equally pointless quangos? So far since 630 this morning ive heard ads for guarunteed irish, the gathering, ber certs & food safety authority. Others I can think of that advertise alot are repak & the rsa. Must be, the time of year of the year to blow, the last of the budget for 2012

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Doodah7

How many pointless ads are on radio for equallh pointless quango. s? So far since 630 this morning ive heard ads for guarunteed irish, the gathering, ber certs & food safety authority. Others I can think of that advertise alot are repak & the rsa. Must be, the time of year of the year to blow, the last of the budget for 2012

Guaranteed Irish - encouraging people to buy Irish products and you see a problem with this? Oh yeah, they are not a quango but privately funded by industry.

The Food Safety one advising people of the difference between 'Best Before' and 'Use By' is also incredibly useful as most people don't know the difference.

The other two: waste of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Coming up to budget / year end.

They have to spend our money somehow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The Trocaire Malawian goat ad is incredibly badly put together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Women singing on the radio. "Whop-bop-a-doo-da, whop-bob-a-doo" and "let's sprint again". I don't know what they're for and I don't know any of the other words because the radio goes off after hearing those.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

C14N wrote: »
    Women singing on the radio. "Whop-bop-a-doo-da, whop-bob-a-doo" and "let's sprint again". I don't know what they're for and I don't know any of the other words because the radio goes off after hearing those.

Pharmaton aka Austerity Cocaine. Although nothing more than a glorified placebo, we do live in a nation with an addiction to addiction so mind-bogglingly it sells, even taking those woeful ads into account!

That softly softly creep on the Bank of Ireland ads with his "We haaave credit, and we waaant to lend providedyouhaveatleastdoublethatamountdepositedandagreetoourobsceneTs&Cs" induces an illogical amount of rage, as does the oft-mentioned Smiles ad voiced by token ditzy blonde lobotomy guinea pig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

DuckStab wrote: »
    That softly softly creep on the Bank of Ireland ads with his "We haaave credit, and we waaant to lend providedyouhaveatleastdoublethatamountdepositedandagreetoourobsceneTs&Cs" induces an illogical amount of rage, as does the oft-mentioned Smiles ad voiced by token ditzy blonde lobotomy guinea pig.

I always expect that advert to say...

"We haaaaaavey money, yooourrrrrrr money"..

I think it says something about the country when the only people who seem to have money for advertising is the bailed out banks... next ad I heard was "Suitable Company closing down sale"... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭The Humble Sausage

any ad that features a 'Samantha from sex in the city' type voice-over drives me around the bend. kildare village and a bunch more have this slag on making all type of lame inurendos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

next ad I heard was "Suitable Company closing down sale"... :(

Them feckers have been having a closing down sale for the last 10 years at this stage....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,061 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

any ad that features a 'Samantha from sex in the city' type voice-over drives me around the bend. kildare village and a bunch more have this slag on making all type of lame inurendos.

Yeah Really hate Kildare Village ad and the gimpy music that goes along with it! They need to come up with a new ad campaign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,259 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Not an ad on radio, but an ad about digital radio.
    That ad with this Barry White style puppet trying to encourage a man to spread the love for BBC digital radio.
    Terrible ad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

Richie boucher soundalike on the danske bank ads does my head in. Yes its great been a bank without branches except for the customers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Shhh we're looking for the bear....ad for the Building Energy Rating Certificate. Now I didn't do English in the Leaving but by my reckoning the initials for that come out at BERC so how the **** is it BER (bear)? Apart from that, the infantile nature of the ad beggars belief . How do people really get paid to come up with that rubbish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I find that latest ad "I tell her what to wear, and sometimes I need to get physical" extremely offensive... With the instruction that I'm not really a man if I have to hit a woman... How do they get away with this sh1te?.. oh right cos they are a shower of man hating, bleeding hearts..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭optogirl

Iv-ri-body loves shipping at Jirvis St

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Shhh we're looking for the bear....ad for the Building Energy Rating Certificate. Now I didn't do English in the Leaving but by my reckoning the initials for that come out at BERC so how the **** is it BER (bear)? Apart from that, the infantile nature of the ad beggars belief . How do people really get paid to come up with that rubbish?

Because "looking for the berk" has an entirely different meaning to what they'd intend, I think.

Dreadful ad anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Is that Bothar Goat yer man Neil Delamare...???:confused:
    (Not the Trocaire Goat!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement