Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Renault's afford to live again tripe

If I hear 'oh Daddy' or that wan screeching once more I will not be held accountable for my actions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Gloveworm

Is it just my paranoia and self loathing talking or does the voiceover on those HFS ads transmogrify their name into Hate Yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

dvcireland wrote: »
    “SAVAGE…….GO SEE” :rolleyes:
    Fiona Looney (columnist, playwright, scriptwriter and media personality)

“GREAT FUN” :rolleyes:
    Joe Duffy (broadcaster, columnist, one time student activist, agony uncle and collector of fire engine memorabilia)

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Dear Business owners STOP USING YOUR OWN VOICES ON RADIO ADSits so fcuking mickey mouse:mad:

:D

Hi I'm Bill and here's my son, Ben.. We're Bill and Ben the Renault men..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

:D

Hi I'm Bill and here's my son, Ben.. We're Bill and Ben the Renault men..
    does this fella do radio ads?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIrLH1r7t28vCeNgFjT-k4M7NIHSawa0jYHwMTtWf6hkLywhmIxHhuwJqj

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

dvcireland wrote: »
    “GREAT FUN” :rolleyes:
    Joe Duffy (broadcaster, columnist, one time student activist, agony uncle and collector of fire engine memorabilia)

You forgot actor

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

"Hello, [friend's name]"
    "Hi [other friend's name], I like your [product], where did you get it?"
    "Oh this? I got it at [company name]?
    "[Company name]? Who are they?"
    "Surely you've heard of [company name]? They're the best at [product/service], they do [range of ancillary services] and all in [impossible-to-believe short time]."
    "Wow, I must give them a call, what's the number?"
    "[Telephone number], that's [telephone number, only slower and louder]. They're also at www.[address].ie."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Argh that annoying Renault megane ad on newstalk where a woman is deliriously shrieking "I left the emersion on". Ads like that always remind me of the irish apprentice as i imagine the people who are paid to dream them up together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

Non nonsense ad with some idiot who sounds straight out of the depths of co.louth going on about how he's 25 and his mates only a young fella and is he coming to play on his bouncing castle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

The Opel guide to automotive German... Gah!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭DubTony

I hurt my finger punching the button on the car radio to get that f*cker who does the EBS ads, among others, out of my head.

You know the guy who talks like all the listeners are little children, and puts inflections on every other word

Up and [SIZE="-1"]down[/SIZE], in his mu-u-u-u-u-sical to-o-o-o-o-nes and dragging out [SIZE="-1"]wo-o-o-o-o-o-o-rds[/SIZE] like you [SIZE="-1"]would[/SIZE] when you're ta-a-a-a-a-a-lking to a ba-a-a-ay-beeeeeee.

If I ever meet the f*cker I'll need to be tied up in case I take his head off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭serfboard

Please Kildare Village - MAKE IT STOP!

Their ads are getting more ridiculous and ubiquitous.

And I hope the fella in the cinema puts poison in those idiots popcorn who can "afford to live again" :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Your man from the Abbeyglen Hotel in Clifden was back again today....you know the one with 'the password is cheers'. It's so cheap as to be reminiscent of the Londis TV ads which had no movement in them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Dear Business owners

STOP USING YOUR OWN VOICES ON RADIO ADS

its so fcuking mickey mouse:mad:

Like Michael Grant of Michael Grant Renault... and also his nephew... Michael Grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Has anybody noticed that Micks Garage.ie now have a neutral accent guy advertising the business. I guess the inner city Dub version didn't go down well, In fairness it did feel like a front for this new gangster breed that we're faced with.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dargull

Mario Rosenstock and his laptoperooney ad for Aviva. In like Flynn!! Get ta fook!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,448 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Dargull wrote: »
    Mario Rosenstock and his laptoperooney ad for Aviva. In like Flynn!! Get ta fook!!

Mario Rosenstock in general. GTFO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

There's one for a Renault garage in Dublin on at the moment, and the guy is one of the owners or staff (haven't we already said stop doing your own ads!)

Anyway, he's got a real diss, dat, deze and doze kind of accent, and the ad requires a lot of THs, so he says "two tousand and turteen" at one point - really drives me cracked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

I sort of like the new No Nonsense ad.

Ya Big Ham. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

That NRC Taxi ad on 98fm with the godawful rapping is atrocious. TAXI - TAXI - TAXI... cringeworthy stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

The 50s called,they want their fairy liquid ads back. I can't believe how idiotic these ads are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭serfboard

Jason Todd wrote: »
    That NRC Taxi ad on 98fm with the godawful rapping is atrocious. TAXI - TAXI - TAXI... cringeworthy stuff.
    I like that ad ... in a "so bad it's good" kitsch kinda way.

Gives me the idea of people who don't take themselves too seriously, know that it's not high art they're creating and are just havin a bit of craic.

Makes me smile anyway.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

FGR wrote: »
    I sort of like the new No Nonsense ad.

Ya Big Ham. :pac:

Except your man at the end, sounds a bit like Moncrieff, extremely creepy!

There's a desperate ad for some college offering MBAs at the moment, and it's such a load of corporate-climber w@nk... "the quickest route to that corner office".

As if that was something to aspire to... working your a55 off and doing tons of unpaid overtime to make someone else richer. You know where you can stick your bloody corner office lads! :D

Tv licence ads, tripe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,060 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

GastroBoy wrote: »
    Except your man at the end, sounds a bit like Moncrieff, extremely creepy!

Actually I like the way he says "Central Bank of Ireland", It's a laugh as I heard another financial crowd saying it with a normal guy saying it and the no-nonsense guy's voice popped into my head, best part of the Ad!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

The TodayFM ads for Shave Or Dye 2013. It just has an incredibly stupid tagline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭ofcork

I see/hear eircom have changed the wording of their ads to now call it emobile in their bundle ads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭ofcork

The guys voice on the ad for the phoenix mag is strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The Eurocycles, Eurobaby, prices can't be beat!
    There's wheels and chairs and bikes and stuff and yokes for babies yet!
    We're on the Long Mile Road, South William Street, to Newbridge and Airside, Swords, I'm sure there's one close to you!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I really like some of the TV licence Ads, especially the one on paying by boat (Dick Warnersque) - Day.14. Rooskey... Anybody find a link to it on YouTube or elsewhere? :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

I really like some of the TV licence Ads, especially the one on paying by boat (Dick Warnersque) - Day.14. Rooskey... Anybody find a link to it on YouTube or elsewhere? :)

I really love those ads.

“Expect payment in one lunar cycle. Excellent.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,448 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

There's a series of ads running for some jam company (Follain) that's very twee and rural and annoying... Makes me turn off radio (was walking down street a while ago, ad came on, headphones came off).

I really can't stand these ads. Very odd humour for a national ad campaign. Humours a bit to dry and sarcastic anyone think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

fussyonion wrote: »
    The Eurocycles, Eurobaby, prices can't be beat!
    There's wheels and chairs and bikes and stuff and yokes for babies yet!
    We're on the Long Mile Road, South William Street, to Newbridge and Airside, Swords, I'm sure there's one close to you!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

This ad was going a while back and it was followed by another ad apologising for how annoying their ads were. Now it's back again and it's so awful, I leg it across the room to turn the radio off when it comes on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

Daily ads for The Sun voiced by some helium-voiced little madame fished from the Dalkey talent pool, waxing about "Sewper Yurro" (Super Euro), with deals for "Cukees" (Cookies) and the like. The very concept of one of their parents actually buying The Sun is hysterical enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭pcomer

The boots ads with some welsh tossbag encouraging me to buy perfume for valentines day..."every time she squirts it she'll think of you"..stfu or i'll squirt some Hydrochloric acid in your face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

The intro for the digital marketing awards ad with the annoying VO actors that is constantly played on Newstalk is my most hated radio ad of the moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

That ad for Once is certainly ensuring that I will never EVER go and see it, or particularly listen to it...

The new Volkswagen Ad. with the pathetic Celtic Tiger yuppie who sounds like he's in genuine pain trying to make up his mind which car to buy. Teeth grating stuff.

Also that ex.GAA player/commentator/head .....'imagine that you've serious sight loss'...you can't switch on the radio without hearing it. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

dulpit wrote: »
    Mario Rosenstock in general. GTFO.

He was funny once. Now just plain irritating. Ditto Pat Shortt.
    I don't get the rugby and the Del Boy sheepskin coat thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ifconfig

That ad for Once is certainly ensuring that I will never EVER go and see it, or particularly listen to it...

When your m-aa-aaa-aaa-aaa-aaa-nds made up
    when you m-aaaaa-nds made up.

dirge-fest

Not any ad in particular, but I hate any ad where the speaker inserts a little chuckle when saying the last sentence. It's so contrived! :mad:

Like this:

"...so it saves you time as well as money...
    a-h-nd that's something we all could do with more of!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

NRC Taxi Taxi Taxi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

There's a REALLY annoying radio on at the moment for McDonalds with an alarm going off to the tune of Christ Be Before Me with a tinkly tune and the woman says "Barry, turn off your alarm"..it's SO SO annoying it makes me twich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

There's a REALLY annoying radio on at the moment for McDonalds with an alarm going off to the tune of Christ Be Before Me with a tinkly tune and the woman says "Barry, turn off your alarm"..it's SO SO annoying it makes me twich.

Tune is intended to be 'Morning has Broken', but yes it is annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭SNORBEAST

Tune is intended to be 'Morning has Broken', but yes it is annoying.

Turn off the " alorm"..............

Hehe, I actually love that ad. Reminds me of when I used to wake up to an oul' Nokia with the dodgy MIDI ringtone, vibrating away on the bedside locker.

And yes, it really is annoying, but that's the point! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭De Bhál

the old Laptoparooni

love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Taxi Taxi Taxi

It has to be the most annoying radio advert of all time.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement