Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    'Howaya, I'm Maggie Muff'

What the Christ is this '50 Shades of Maggie' garbage? So, so bad.

Kathrine Lynch rip off...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    'Howaya, I'm Maggie Muff'

What the Christ is this '50 Shades of Maggie' garbage? So, so bad.

Just heard it.

Its enough to put me off ever setting foot in Dublin again. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

Undoubtedly the two worst types of radio ads are the following: Ads for comedy gigs, ads containing a "back-and-forth" repartee. So what better way to induce an aural hernia than combining the two?! Thank you Fred Cooke!

"I'm Fred Kewk!"
    "It's Cuck!"
    "No Kewk!"
    "Cuck!"

kewk cuck kewk cuck kewk cuck kewk cuck kewk cuck kewk cuck kewk cuck kewk cuck kewk cuck kewk cuck kewk cuck

rambo-o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Don't know if it's the same ad, but there's a BOI ad where we hear:
    "Helllo..My name's Marie,....and this is our lump sum, John.
    "Say hello John"
    "Hellllo"
    "Ah bless, he's quite shy"
    "Ah-Hem, I'm just not used to public speaking......."

What patronising bast***, thought up this ad and who in the name of Jaysus let it past quality control?
    If this ad was pitched at 5 year olds, it would be deemed simplistic and patronising.
    Wise up.
    People who have thousands in lump sums to invest are not children.
    Inform them like adults.
    :mad:

Thats the one, don't know where I got the Peter bit from. Jaysus its awful, glad to see I'm not the only it infuriates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"The Bird... South Georgia... Size of my thumb" etc

Just FKKKKKK off..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,448 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

"The Bird... South Georgia... Size of my thumb" etc

Just FKKKKKK off..

And the worst bit is that it's a great show, and I would highly recommend it. Just a crap ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

"Critics are calling it the most annoyingly ubiquitous radio advert for a stage production ever"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

pcomer wrote: »
    Ad for some hotel in Galway thats changed their name - 2 uinder-employed actors doing a voiceover in the style of Basil and Sybil Fawlty - utter faeces.

I've stayed in that hotel with three different names above the front door, none of which its currently using. Its no Fawlty Towers, but that speed of name changes might make you think it was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Chris 80

DuckStab wrote: »
    Undoubtedly the two worst types of radio ads are the following: Ads for comedy gigs, ads containing a "back-and-forth" repartee. So what better way to induce an aural hernia than combining the two?! Thank you Fred Cooke!

"I'm Fred Kewk!"
    "It's Cuck!"
    "No Kewk!"
    "Cuck!"

kewk cuck kewk cuck kewk cuck kewk cuck kewk cuck kewk cuck kewk cuck kewk cuck kewk cuck kewk cuck kewk cuck

rambo-o.gif
    I agree. It's awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Continued head wrecking ads from eircom. Using actors with perfect diction to talk in a relaxed, "common" way just doesn't work. Ah here...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Inspector Dhar

The current ad for 'Ferry' Washing-Up Liquid is doing my head in. Annoying little D4 brat wins a goldfish, and annoying D4 'Mum' tells his goldfish don't last long. So precocious brat says he will name fish after something that lasts a long time.... 'So you're calling it Ferry?' asks annoying mum. Nope, I calling it Bottle, says idiot offspring...........Will pull knob off radio next time I hear it..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,448 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

New TV Licence ad where the guy is trying to pay his TV licence by taking a boating tour of Ireland is full of win.

The current ad for 'Ferry' Washing-Up Liquid is doing my head in. Annoying little D4 brat wins a goldfish, and annoying D4 'Mum' tells his goldfish don't last long. So precocious brat says he will name fish after something that lasts a long time.... 'So you're calling it Ferry?' asks annoying mum. Nope, I calling it Bottle, says idiot offspring...........Will pull knob off radio next time I hear it..........

Jebus. Worst attempt at advertising ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Your standard radio ad...

Woman (to friend, usually called Jean): Jean, what's up?
    Friend: It's my *PROBLEM*
    Woman: Have you tried *PRODUCT*?
    Friend (curiously): What is it?
    Woman: DESCRIBES *PRODUCT*
    Friend (excitedly): Wow!
    Woman: And it *SOLVES PROBLEM*
    Friend: Looks like I'll finally get some help around the house!

*both women chortle*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭SNORBEAST

There is an ad running on Today fm and Radio 1 at the moment for Punchestown races, the voice over on it is done by a woman with possibly the most annoying voice on earth, excruciating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Chris 80

DuckStab wrote: »

"I'm Fred Kewk!"
    "It's Cuck!"
    "No Kewk!"
    "Cuck!"

rambo-o.gif

Ha! I concur. Awful ad.

Whats this reversing lorry being likened to a small herd of elephants nonsense? If I were in a loading bay its not African wildlife that would be on my mind - its the 30 tonne truck!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭JP85

I swear to god if i hear that no nonsense ad about the lad turning 25 ill go nuts, i have to lower the volume or change the channel, the other one thats driving me insane at the moment is the dacia sandero when the granny (same woman from the previous no nonsense ads) is talking to her grandson and her voice just goes through me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

"This is the sound of bad coffee..."

It's also the sound of a terrible ad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

JP85 wrote: »
    I swear to god if i hear that no nonsense ad about the lad turning 25 ill go nuts, i have to lower the volume or change the channel, the other one thats driving me insane at the moment is the dacia sandero when the granny (same woman from the previous no nonsense ads) is talking to her grandson and her voice just goes through me

The way she says 'dacio sandero' makes me want to put my fist through the radio!

• Advertisement

JP85 wrote: »

Back to back on Today FM. BOOM! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Broad band from upc. Yer ones pronunciation is woejus! Makes my brain hurt each time I hear it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

"We've been fibre powered.... have you?"

Fcuk off, smug cnut!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Also.... some ad on Today FM with a bird fighting with a dude who has a speech impediment and can't say the word "cook" properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Radio ad where this Irish fella rings his friend who has emigrated to the uk. His friend answers his phone with a posh English accent and he tells him to drop the lawdi daw it's me, even though your man from Ireland talks with a thick false accent. I still can't remember what they are advertising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The way she says 'dacio sandero' makes me want to put my fist through the radio!

The pointless foley work makes me want to do that, the clinking cups and rustling paper. Its like listening to Marion Finucane...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Followed by 'Is that some sort of video game?'

That's my boiling point there, my radio's life is now in danger. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

PABLO PICANTE.... Dont really need to say much else for those who have heard the ad.,. I will NEVER eat there thanks to this ad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I think that somebody in Husqvarna Marketing Department is seriously taking the p1ss out of Dermot O'Neill... They are only short of asking him to say "Susie Sells Strimmers By The Sea Shore."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Such an annoying ad, why does the bad coffee make a little crying noise? Is it ashamed to be in this ad?

Doesn't help when they end the ad with "only available at certain KFCs" or something along those lines. Basically saying "that coffee we just said was sh!t is actually still all you can get at most of our restraunts".

Not many bad ads on Phantom but there is one for some festival that can't be over soon enough. I don't even know the name of it or the name of any bands playing at it but they keep playing the same few rubbishy bits of music over and over and its really starting to grate. Surely the collective musical portfolio of all the bands at a festival could result in a few different ads with different songs in them right?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Dear PR wanker at Pharmaton who came up with their latest ads, I am finding it very hard to resist tracking you down and annihilating your ability to contaminate the gene pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

Pierce brosnans ego in the sky ad. Ad sounds like it eas clobered together in 2 minutes

Ah pierce brosnan and his hb ice-cream pah-dy is back again!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Dear PR wanker at Pharmaton who came up with their latest ads, I am finding it very hard to resist tracking you down and annihilating your ability to contaminate the gene pool.

Action is needed:

1. There's surely grounds for a complaint to broadcasting complaints or advertising standards.

2. Are the "songs" infringing on copyright? Chubby Checker and Little Richard's people must be told!

3. Do they not realise this sh-te is being streamed around the world? It may affect the Gathering.

"What kind of day is it?"

It's a "go fúck yourself day", you twat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

"It's almost six o'clock, it's time to" do some sh1+ about insurance or noyex Newman.

It's not, if it's six o'clock, your'e f^*king shut for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Anyone know who the American (?) guy is who does ads for concerts?
    Y'know,......

"Eight-kennn promotions presents......Ellllllllltonnnnnn Jahhhhhhn!"
    "Subjeck to Lie-senz"

I think that somebody in Husqvarna Marketing Department is seriously taking the p1ss out of Dermot O'Neill... They are only short of asking him to say "Susie Sells Strimmers By The Sea Shore."

I came in here to nag about the same ad.
    Sounds like Sylvester the cat, poor man, couldn't have an ad with any more S's in it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Inspector Dhar

GastroBoy wrote: »
    I came in here to nag about the same ad.
    Sounds like Sylvester the cat, poor man, couldn't have an ad with any more S's in it.....
    Unless it was for Seventy Six sorts of succulent salad sammiges :D

Is there a law somewhere on the Irish statute books that states that all taxi company ads must be absolutely terrible?

• Advertisement

Anyone know who the American (?) guy is who does ads for concerts?
    Y'know,......

"Eight-kennn promotions presents......Ellllllllltonnnnnn Jahhhhhhn!"
    "Subjeck to Lie-senz"

Neyyyollll Jung........

I do like the Specsavers radio ads at the moment, the ones for the deaf people............

If I follow 2fm on twitter will that stop asking me every 10 mins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Just when the incredibly annoying No Nonsense Insurance ads have tapered off a bit, Meteor decide that there isn't enough irritating, in your face, ads on the radio and have come out with an almost identical ad, but have somehow managed to make it even more irritating. Just heard the two back to back on the radio at work and nearly snapped my pen in half trying to resist the temptation to put my foot through the speaker

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Do you sometimes find yourself hearing the same ad again and again....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

There's a ad for Nissan, X tells Y about the price of the car while they're in a library. What in the hell is that about?

"The new Ben Dunne gym......in Cherrrywood....is"

FUCK OFF

There was an absolutely shite ad for the Ian Dempsey Breakfast Show yesterday, where he interviewed a talentless skanger-turned-redneck-music-star, and had her ear-stabbingly horrible attempt at singing playing in the background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

There is an advert/promo on TodayFM about sending the DJs off on a day trip or something, the location chosen by the listeners.

In the piece, the narrator says to check out the website for " d'tails " instead of saying " dee tails". Why suddenly start pronouncing it like that?

And " f'nance " pronounciation in RTE gets on my nerves too!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

I used to like Mario Rosenstock and Gift Grub but hes really gone down hill with gift grub and those poxy "laptoparooney" Aviva ads are really annoying and ****e. Surely a radio voice well past his sell by date.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement