Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,211 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Always found Mario more miss than hit.

I'd say about 5% of his morning sketches were genuinely funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,188 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

those stupid Vodafone American voice over guy going on about your one who loves dancing and the other scanger who crashed the after show party!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The one for LUAS Leap Card.
    The fella doing the voiceover says "..taking the DARTH", instead of DART.
    STOP TRYING TO POSH UP DART YOU TWIT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭neris

What kind of day is it? Oh its a I wont be buying "Lucozade" kinda day. Irritating by two as the tv ad is just as bad and crap as the radio. Why do advertisers feel they have to subject us to American accents telling us to buy stuff. If I wanto to hear yanks I,ll turn on bloomberg or cnbc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

neris wrote: »
    What kind of day is it? Oh its a I wont be buying "Lucozade" kinda day. Irritating by two as the tv ad is just as bad and crap as the radio. Why do advertisers feel they have to subject us to American accents telling us to buy stuff. If I wanto to hear yanks I,ll turn on bloomberg or cnbc

Ha, love this ad! His dry humour tone is great and I think the tv ad works really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the current ad for some restaurant in conjunction with the gathering (the one where a woman says there's an extra seat, and then her son shows up) is utter tripe. It's like they couldn't even find actors..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,931 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its Milano, who are decent enough as chain restaurants go (its Pizza Express under a 'posher' name for Ireland). Ad is brutal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

dulpit wrote: »
    Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the current ad for some restaurant in conjunction with the gathering (the one where a woman says there's an extra seat, and then her son shows up) is utter tripe. It's like they couldn't even find actors..

If I was working for Milano's marketing team I would demand my money back from the agency for making and hiring such utter crap, the ad is just ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

neris wrote: »
    I used to like Mario Rosenstock and Gift Grub but hes really gone down hill with gift grub and those poxy "laptoparooney" Aviva ads are really annoying and ****e. Surely a radio voice well past his sell by date.
    NIMAN wrote: »
    Always found Mario more miss than hit.

I'd say about 5% of his morning sketches were genuinely funny.

Also, "PURE WEXFORD BEEF".......arrggggggggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!

Go awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTHeu_9gI-s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

That Today FM one with the woman's hideously exagerrated award acceptance speech/screech

• Registered Users Posts: 31 CriticofScience

That "No Nonsense / ye big ham" one does my nut in. I just zone out whenever it comes on. On the other hand, the Euro Cycles one was so ridiculously over the top, I grew to be quite fond of it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭ofcork

I like the current nissan ones,like the guy in the library who yells Holy Sh!!!! when hes told the cost of the nissan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

That "No Nonsense / ye big ham" one does my nut in. I just zone out whenever it comes on. On the other hand, the Euro Cycles one was so ridiculously over the top, I grew to be quite fond of it!!

I quite like the No Nonsense one for some reason I can't explain. The Leopardstown Inn Stillorgan and Kildare Village ones on the other hand are doing my head in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The ad for Tayto Park makes me feel punchy. Amazingly the mother is more annoying than the children, and the children are pretty damn annoying.

"if you're goin ta do your shoppin or a disco boppin....

...six double seven....."

etcetera

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

I hate that dub rapper taxi ad up to me ma disco bopping one think it's NRC and the other taxi one with Barry White style singer and woman think it's Trinity one word DIRE!
    A new one I've heard now is the D2 Club radio ad didnt know what the hell it was was for who thinks up these and thinks they are cool :confused: throw them on the radio ad compost heap
    The No Nonsense is annoying too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

ofcork wrote: »
    I like the current nissan ones,like the guy in the library who yells Holy Sh!!!! when hes told the cost of the nissan.

Yeah, the ad is kinda cool ok, but the voiceover guy has an incredibly annoying voice and accent that makes me want to strangle him :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Whispering in ads. GTFO.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Global Home Improvements window ad, that is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭De Bhál

All those Brennan Bread ads, I get angry every time I hear it which is not a good thing.

• Advertisement

De Bhál wrote: »
    All those Brennan Bread ads, I get angry every time I hear it which is not a good thing.

Ha ah ah ah says I. They've been going as far back as I remember. It's part if the Irish psychie at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

If I hear "laptoparooney" one more time...Rugby season is over, get the alickadoo off the air please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

dulpit wrote: »
    Whispering in ads. GTFO.

:mad:

What is with this?

Was gonna post this myself the other day. Drives me bonkers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Ha ah ah ah says I. They've been going as far back as I remember. It's part if the Irish psychie at this stage

And that utter Sh!te song.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Dunnes Stores FANTASTIC FRIDAY!!!

I thought they were going to give a massive discount across their range, but no, there's 10 cent off a jar of bloody mayonnaise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

De Bhál wrote: »

You might like this alternative version. :D

Dunnes Stores FANTASTIC FRIDAY!!!

I thought they were going to give a massive discount across their range, but no, there's 10 cent off a jar of bloody mayonnaise.

Ha ha yeah heard that too. Was wondering if the cost of that ad would be made back by selling shed loads of mayo.

I like their VoiceOver actor though

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

Some ad for Sony in which a cuckold is waxing lyrical about how he can "mirrow" the phone's screen on the TV. And his ungrateful bitch of a girlfriend who is overjoyed to have gotten a phone as a present, until she found out it was free!

Ben Dunne describing his gyms as if he is dictating a coded message to Moscow Central...

Also, why is it the Tescos ads sound like promos for Last of the Summer Wine (notwithstanding Marty's dulcet tones)

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Ben Dunne describing his gyms as if he is dictating a coded message to Moscow Central...

Also, why is it the Tescos ads sound like promos for Last of the Summer Wine (notwithstanding Marty's dulcet tones)

Where he ensures he pronounces Budweiser in the authentic Czech way

• Advertisement

The recent ads on TV and radio for that young chef who looks like he should be out chasing girls instead of cooking on the TV.

How cringeworthy is his latest advert? No-one who cooks the odd dinner in the kitchen is a hero pal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

The recent ads on TV and radio for that young chef who looks like he should be out chasing girls instead of cooking on the TV.

In fairness, it's probably a good way to get girls to chase him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Maybe it's been said already but that ad for Permanent TSB (I think, some bank anyway) where your man keeps saying "buddy" makes me want to punch my radio :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

That ad where Kathryn Thomas is telling us all to visit Carlow is really awful. Nothing wrong necessarily with the content, but it's just that her delivery is so harsh all the way through. I feel like I'm listening to an army sergeant major barking orders: "Atten-SHUN!!! Visit Carlow!!! Sir, yes sir!!!"

The only way it could sound more bossy is if it was in German! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

fricatus wrote: »
    That ad where Kathryn Thomas is telling us all to visit Carlow is really awful. Nothing wrong necessarily with the content, but it's just that her delivery is so harsh all the way through. I feel like I'm listening to an army sergeant major barking orders: "Atten-SHUN!!! Visit Carlow!!! Sir, yes sir!!!"

The only way it could sound more bossy is if it was in German! :D

Kathryn needs ease back on the smokes.

Her voice is on its way out.

Kathryn needs ease back on the smokes.

Her voice is on its way out.

Yeah, she is beginning to sound like Patty and Selma in the Simpsons. A pity for such an attractive lass!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭Patser

Sky are doing an ad now with Santa in it.

Santa!!!!!

In the middle of our 1st decent summer spell in yonks, the last thing I want to hear is sleighbells and Santa saying 'Whoa Rudolph '. Seriously surreal stuff.

Ford also have an advert that mentions Xmas.

As for Kathryn Thomas being an attractive lass, you wanna get out more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Ford also have an advert that mentions Xmas.

As for Kathryn Thomas being an attractive lass, you wanna get out more!

You need a visit to Specsavers. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Two ads on right now that make me want to rip off some PR twat's head:

1. Golden Pages: that jingle at the end just makes me want to stab my own ears.

2. Newstalk's iPad-only "magazine", featuring background music which heavily rips off whatever tune was played in the background of old movies whenever there was a scene in China. And don't get me started in the singer's crap voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

2. Newstalk's iPad-only "magazine", featuring background music which heavily rips off whatever tune was played in the background of old movies whenever there was a scene in China. And don't get me started in the singer's crap voice.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I hate any ad that features some brats saying 'Are we there yet?', it was funny when The Simpsons did it, but that was 22 years ago, every once in a while it appears on some ad and it really is devoid of any imagination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

someone will be beaten about the head and neck with 'the old laptoparooney' if that f*cking ad isn't removed from the airwaves post haste

As well as the annoying taxi ads :mad: my new hate one is D2 niteclub when I first heard it I didnt know what it was for which isnt good in itself. Goes something along the lines of a guy singing badly with girlie backing singers - Steaks and bbq's, girls at the top of the queue and the boys go woo. Who writes this trash :confused:

someone will be beaten about the head and neck with 'the old laptoparooney' if that f*cking ad isn't removed from the airwaves post haste

My wife asked me a question the other day to which I didn't know the answer, so I suggested she check it out "on the old laptoparooney".

Only my fleetness of foot saved me from bodily injury. :eek:

Time for that ad to go... ;)

• Advertisement

It's a real song, you're going to hate the video though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

The advert for growshop.ie. The kid's accent has to be among the most annoying I've heard. It doesn't help that it's being played at almost every ad break on Nova. And wtf is "coolious?"

Ha yes Nova station of crappy taxi ads, D2 nightclub ads, palatised freight ad where accent is always on value, man and the greyhound for shelbourne track, Care for me and Staffords funeral home are depressing :( Oh God and yeah the Joe Duffy ones with Mary from Glasnevin and the other guy "sure you might get patioed yourself Jim" Nova played those two on loop Arrgh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Trebor176 wrote: »
    The advert for growshop.ie. The kid's accent has to be among the most annoying I've heard. It doesn't help that it's being played at almost every ad break on Nova. And wtf is "coolious?"

I can't tell if that's a boy or a woman, which is the part that drives me crazy about it.

Trebor176 wrote: »

Kids in ad's and kids voices in ad's, awful idea, awful implementation and awful results.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement