Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

June Rogers at Red Cow - same ad as last year - still utter faeces.

Let me guess.

A few short lines of June reciting crap poetry about how good her gig and the Red Cow isn't followed by her doing that moronic cackle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

Let me guess.

A few short lines of June reciting crap poetry about how good her gig and the Red Cow isn't followed by her doing that moronic cackle?

and not letting Jacinta O'Brien or some such shyte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭devotional1993

Jason Todd wrote: »
    That posh bird with the D4 voice doing the Arthur's Day ads is very annoying.

Aaafthurs Daey

Agree

Really irritating- sums up the gob****es in charge of these ads.

Its the Dort accent thing -she says "authors day" instead of ARTers day..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

mada999 wrote: »
    I will ask Rachael to make my sandwich

I'll have a kids meal and a fruuuuce juice...

This whole ad is a mess of mispronounced words and poor enunciation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

The ad for "Battree World", for cuddles pet store, the one about the flowers being for your mammy, the palletised freight company ad and many more just make me make a mental note never to purchase their products

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

"Bank Of Ireland helped me move"...... yep from your negative equity 3 bed house to a box size 2 bed apartment and then outstanding balance of your mortgage still trailing you for the next 30 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Those Energia ads where they intersperse two contributions from two different people running businesses... One man who sounds like he designed the Titanic, and some howya running a greasy spoon... There's another one with Paul Brennan from Fair City.. stupid ads...

An honorable mention for SuperQuinn... I know it's recession time again, but do they have to use the same Rocky Theme they used to promote the store during the 1980s recession?

irish water have started advertising tell us how great they are and how their going to protect our most precious resource. nice to know that while were being fleeced for water were also being fleeced to promote their self justification

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

The ad for your local friendly chemist/apothecary/pharmacist?

Ingrown toenails get a mention. Ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Usually comes on at mealtimes! The absolute plethora of third rate medical ads, like the one with heart beating for the Beacon Clinic, should be banned as they are preying on vulnerable people who may be feeling unwell - not to mention insulting the intelligence of those of us who had to give up our health insurance years ago. The Mater Private Clinic.....the list is ****ing endless. Health/Insurance/Banks pedalling their latest rubbish (regulated by the Central Bank etc.etc.) ....I'm so ****ing impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Zurich insurance ads on Newstalk.
    "Dear 30 year old me, one day you'll blink and you'll be 60. true you'll have built a business, swam in the Aldaman sea blah blah blah"
    "Oh, and Jenny is the ONE!!"
    Another smug voiced bastid that makes me fckin sick.
    :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

That guy.... his voice... I think I would have to kill him if I was his friend, he sounds like I imagine a dog would sound if it could talk

"Are you over 65? do you have Diabetes? Are you a smoker?"

Could Ronan Collins not just abbreviate it with "Do you listen to my show?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

"Are you over 65? do you have Diabetes? Are you a smoker?"

Could Ronan Collins not just abbreviate it with "Do you listen to my show?"

I like how that ad says these are some of the 7 at-risk groups. Could they not just list all 7? Am I at risk (I am actually - asthmatic).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Joe Dolan and his fecking car!

Its the new Tom Crean and his thumb..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Zurich insurance ads on Newstalk.
    "Dear 30 year old me, one day you'll blink and you'll be 60. true you'll have built a business, swam in the Aldaman sea blah blah blah"
    "Oh, and Jenny is the ONE!!"
    Another smug voiced bastid that makes me fckin sick.
    :mad:

Terrible ad.
    And they wont fool me into giving me their money.

Its safer and better invested catching lint under my mattress!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭armchair fusilier

I've just heard a sickening add for Irish water. Telling me how it is going to safeguard this precious resource into the future, all set to cinematic music.

No mention of the extra tax we are going to be lump with for something we have already be been paying for through general taxation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've just heard a sickening add for Irish water. Telling me how it is going to safeguard this precious resource into the future, all set to cinematic music.

No mention of the extra tax we are going to be lump with for something we have already be been paying for through general taxation.

General taxation does not cover the costs of the state - there is a deficit which you may have heard something about for the last, oh, five years.

Which way do you want the extra tax taken?

MYOB wrote: »
    General taxation does not cover the costs of the state - there is a deficit which you may have heard something about for the last, oh, five years.

Which way do you want the extra tax taken?

If you really want me answer that question, ask me in a less arsey way. Cheers.:)

• Advertisement

If you really want me answer that question, ask me in a less arsey way. Cheers.:)

"arsey"? Not my problem if you don't like something being explained in a simplistic manner.

MYOB wrote: »
    "arsey"? Not my problem if you don't like something being explained in a simplistic manner.

Era...have a nice day now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

How long is that bloody Velux sale going to last ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Lapin wrote: »
    How long is that bloody Velux sale going to last ?

But it's their first ever sale! Are you not beside yourself with excitement at that very prospect?? ;-)

"None of the banks would give credit to the small business I worked for, so the company closed down and I emigrated to Canada. Bank Of Ireland helped me move"..

^ That's seems to more in touch with reality than the crap that BOI are pedalling.

I'd get that Lucozade b*stard and waterboard him with the stuff..

• Advertisement

I'd get that Lucozade b*stard and waterboard him with the stuff..

i want seconds on torturing the mouthy smug prick. whip the soles of feet with a rubber car aerial. those ads are dire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No a hate ad (yet) but the one featuring Muttely makes me smile - clearly its time for a Wacky Races revival.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

As someone who despises the likes of Spin 103.8, I despise the ad for Jacob's "J-Os". Thanks for totally discouraging me from buying your product.

As someone who despises the likes of Spin 103.8, I despise the ad for Jacob's "J-Os". Thanks for totally discouraging me from buying your product.

Me too. Should do well for them along with the lawsuit from Oreo.:D

The insulting generic (?) ads for the referendums - the one which starts with a geriatric geezer croaking and runs through various other stereotypical members of the public before reprising the gerry. If I was him I be worrying more about my plot at the cemetery rather than voting. PS I like old people - and I am one! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

The insulting generic (?) ads for the referendums - the one which starts with a geriatric geezer croaking and runs through various other stereotypical members of the public before reprising the gerry. If I was him I be worrying more about my plot at the cemetery rather than voting. PS I like old people - and I am one! :D

You'd prefer if they had only young, healthy sounding people on those ads then? So they could be really representative of the country ? :rolleyes:

Radio5 wrote: »
    You'd prefer if they had only young, healthy sounding people on those ads then? So they could be really representative of the country ? :rolleyes:

No, I would prefer if they wouldn't treat the electorate like children. A straightforward presentation by a man or woman in clear unpatronizing English would suffice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

No, I would prefer if they wouldn't treat the electorate like children. A straightforward presentation by a man or woman in clear unpatronizing English would suffice.

This. Bugs me how they need to be so representative that you end up hearing 5 or 6 different voices... Seems to happen for more and more public announcement type ads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

dulpit wrote: »
    This. Bugs me how they need to be so representative that you end up hearing 5 or 6 different voices...

Representative of voice over artists, perhaps :)

Those Road Safety Authority ads done in that really stern voice- I always expect to hear:

"144 -The number of penalty points quashed this week" etc..

Cheno Unction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

All y'all are gon' be doin' dumb stuff when yer all young folks, but make shure your mob-ul network isn't overchargin' y'all for innernet. Switch to 48, yeehaw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Hippo

The new Kildare Village ad. All their ads are insufferable, but this is special. 'Eating Italian', indeed.

Lloyds Pharmacy (yes, I know, who they?) cunningly announcing 12 weeks to/of Christmas.

Me, cunningly taking note to not shop there, ever.

Lloyds Pharmacy (yes, I know, who they?) .

Unicare/DocMorris, second- or actually just largest pharmacy chain in the country. Rebranded to match their parent firms UK arm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

I wonder did the architect one go in to the polling booth with her hard hat and hi vis on, iPad in hand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,778 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Lloyds Pharmacy (yes, I know, who they?) cunningly announcing 12 weeks to/of Christmas.

Me, cunningly taking note to not shop there, ever.

The Dub girl on their ad scares me. The Cork/Kerry wan seems alright though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Yes I know it's been mentioned umpteen times before, but like a stubborn weed, this sort of ad refuses to die...

"It's almost two o'clock. Time to get recycling with Repak recycling week."

Lord, give me strength... :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Posted at "almost 9 o'clock". ^^^

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭De Bhál

That singer from Cork (Mick Flannery I think) doing the voiceover for the ad for Inchydoney Lodge & Spa.

It grates on my brain.

I will not be booking any weekends in there anytime soon. (The fact I havn't a penny is beside the point)

Still hate the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

De Bhál wrote: »
    That singer from Cork (Mick Flannery I think) doing the voiceover for the ad for Inchydoney Lodge & Spa.

It grates on my brain.

I will not be booking any weekends in there anytime soon. (The fact I havn't a penny is beside the point)

Still hate the ad.

Is that not John "Cherrytrees" Spillane?

Either way its cringeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Young Heinrich: Sounds like a Creche that instills values of rudeness, order, and ruthless ambition.

the hilarious june rogers christmas show sounds about as funny as the gas chambers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

neris wrote: »
    the hilarious june rogers christmas show sounds about as funny as the gas chambers

I've heard it 3 times today already. Only another 3 months of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

June Rodgers needs to be banned from national radio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

June Rodgers needs to be banned from national radio

Along with the actresses who play Vivienne and Niamh on Fair City.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement