Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tiler Durden

...and Yvonne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

...and Yvonne.

And Fair City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Radio5 wrote: »
    Along with the actresses who play Vivienne and Niamh on Fair City.

Oh and Robin too .............if she is still in Fair City:confused: Its been so many years since I watched the show (she had just gotten together with Jimmy) I'm not sure if she is still there or not.

Most ads on the radio are annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

neris wrote: »
    the hilarious june rogers christmas show sounds about as funny as the gas chambers

It amazes me that she still makes a buck at this lark every year. What kind of person pays to see such sh1te?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

It amazes me that she still makes a buck at this lark every year. What kind of person pays to see such sh1te?

I would say people whos best years are way behind them & get offended at the word "mickey" being used in a comedy sketch so an unfunny beached whale is safe & hilarious for them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

To my 30 year old self ...f**k off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭De Bhál

The same people that think that the 'Mrs Brown's Boys' comedy is funny.

The Funny Friday die-hards.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

To my 30 year old self ...f**k off

I didn’t think it was possible for Zurich to make an ad more annoying than their previous ‘My broker says, my husband says……’ campaign. But they’ve surpassed themselves with this ‘Letter to my 30 Year Old Self’ bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sparky1981

June Rodgers needs to be banned from national radio

Youll be hearing her for the next coiple of months now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    But they’ve surpassed themselves with this ‘Letter to my 30 Year Old Self’ bollox.

I think the most ironic thing is that if anybody now was to actually speak to their thirty year old self they would probably say "Dont put ANY money in your pension, unless you work in the public service or semi state, as you will lose your b*ll*x".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭SNORBEAST

At Chillax O' Clock, with Goodfellas pizza..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

Does anyone notice the new Tesco ad seems to start mid-sentence, like they've cut off the few seconds of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

http://www.kbc.ie/ KBC Bank - the bank of YOU!!!! Pass the ****ing sick bag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Campus Oil and yer wan with the somewhat deficient husband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

http://www.kbc.ie/ KBC Bank - the bank of YOU!!!! Pass the ****ing sick bag!

KBC have been campaigning across all media in a big way lately.

They are desperate to show a cuddly side after the whole "harassing the suicide widow from Priory Hall " thing.

KBC can go rot.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SmoothER

i stopped listening to spin cos of that eurocycles ad, it irritates me.

and that manhattan popcorn ad seems to be making a comeback, a bag of popcorn and a soft drink, and lifes grand. it doesent annoy me like the eurocycles ****e, i just think its stupid.

the NRC and KCR ads are deadly though! yer one that does the talking at the end of the NRC ads is on flying form!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Sean Moncrieff saying 'snakey' for Rabo is cringeworthy.

Don't take the piss out of us lad, we know you're this super enlightened modern liberal who likes to make out he's an all round 'Oirish' guy by incorporating all those bored housewives living down the sticks texts into your show each day but don't carry that over to your ad work please.

It's not funny and it turns me off banking with such an institution. Whats he going to say next? Shemple SHtadium. :rolleyes:

Do ye know who I miss?

Daft Dave from Right Price Tiles.

"Munkaaaay!"

Hasn't been a good radio ad. since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

agree, daft dave from right price tiles just brilliant.

but the best ad on radio for me is the last ad before the show returns;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

That 98fm 'get up out of bed' song is getting in on my nerves...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 CriticofScience

Dunno what that "Shi-ine ..... ohn........youuu" is all about, but its wormed into my brain. I prefer Eurocycles to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Sean Moncrieff saying 'snakey' for Rabo is cringeworthy.

Don't take the piss out of us lad, we know you're this super enlightened modern liberal who likes to make out he's an all round 'Oirish' guy by incorporating all those bored housewives living down the sticks texts into your show each day but don't carry that over to your ad work please.

It's not funny and it turns me off banking with such an institution. Whats he going to say next? Shemple SHtadium. :rolleyes:

...and you wonder why the rest of the Country (all 3 million) hate Dubs.....meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Do ye know who I miss?

Daft Dave from Right Price Tiles.

"Munkaaaay!"

Hasn't been a good radio ad. since.

What a hero!!

just heard a desperate one for some play on radio 1 now. put on thick dublin skanger accent mouthing off about this play that would put you off going to see it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

SNORBEAST wrote: »
    At Chillax O' Clock, with Goodfellas pizza..............

that grinds my ****in gears. I'd love to smash her face in. Chillax o clock my hole.

Another thing that winds me right up is the amount of ads that use sound effects to underpin what they're peddling e.g. maybe you want to buy a car "insert sound of engine starting". I know what a fcuking car is, there is no need to make the sound of one so I'll understand you morons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭serfboard

PaulieC wrote: »
    that grinds my ****in gears. I'd love to smash her face in. Chillax o clock my hole.

Another thing that winds me right up is the amount of ads that use sound effects to underpin what they're peddling e.g. maybe you want to buy a car "insert sound of engine starting". I know what a fcuking car is, there is no need to make the sound of one so I'll understand you morons.
    Don't know what you're talking about here, but that's a first class rant. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

serfboard wrote: »
    Don't know what you're talking about here, but that's a first class rant. :)

There is a growing amount of ads that use the sound effects to illustrate better what they are talking about. For example the current RSA ad for getting your car serviced before winter. It goes on to talk about checks you can do yourself, such as checking your washer fluid is topped up (no sound effect here curiously), checking your wiper blades (the sound of a wiper blade swish), checking your tyre's air pressure (the sound of compressed air being pumped), checking your lights (the sound of the light-left-on ding ding).
    There's a few other ads doing the same thing. It really gets up my nose. It's like people don't understand anything unless there's an accompanying sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,043 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

"An 870ml bottle of Fairy could last up to 10 weeks"

Yeah, if you live alone, eat out of takeaway packets and wash only 1 cup and 1 saucer per day.

But for the rest of the real world people, it'll last about 3 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

NIMAN wrote: »
    "An 870ml bottle of Fairy could last up to 10 weeks"

Yeah, if you live alone, eat out of takeaway packets and wash only 1 cup and 1 saucer per day.

But for the rest of the real world people, it'll last about 3 weeks.

Is your kitchen a foam party when you do the washing up?

Fairy liquid lasts for ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

No Shnakey Shtuff"

I guess a predicted 8% rise in DIRT tax by Noonan doesn't count, ya poxy bald Shlap Head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

The new Seat one with the shouty Sargent Major type. Brutal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭SNORBEAST

Also, Today F.m seem to have Mario Rosenstock doing voice- overs on every advert, there is on running at the moment for the Munster rugby match that is particularly cringeworthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

The Velux Price Promotion ad guy annoys me so much. Patronising price promotion pisshead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Shamrok wrote: »
    The Velux Price Promotion ad guy annoys me so much. Patronising price promotion pisshead.

It sounds a lot like Joe Rooney doing the voiceover. Probably hasn't gotton a paid job in Comedy since he was Father Damo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,043 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That fecking 'Fabulous' Kildare Village advert is back, worst advert ever.
    So Celtic Tiger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

NIMAN wrote: »
    That fecking 'Fabulous' Kildare Village advert is back, worst advert ever.
    So Celtic Tiger.

Seriously they need to kill off that Ad campaign, it drives me demented with the plinky plonk sex in the city music and stupid put on American accent woman! aaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Today FM are currently running an ad to highlight their news department. It's the 'highlights' of the budget.

It was bad enough sitting through it once, without having to hear Michael Noonan take 'Easter 1916' out of context again and again :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭serfboard

Superquinns French Food and Wine Promotion.

X% off French wines. Fair enough.

Irish chicken, Irish pork and "French" stick baked in store. Nope. Nothing french there.

French booze promotion. Tell it like it is, will ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 CriticofScience

serfboard wrote: »
    Superquinns French Food and Wine Promotion.

X% off French wines. Fair enough.

Irish chicken, Irish pork and "French" stick baked in store. Nope. Nothing french there.

French booze promotion. Tell it like it is, will ya?

Also, why do Superquinn keep using regional variations on the theme to Rocky as their promo music? By now it just sounds weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The ad where some property spiv longing for a return to the good old days, tells us that international asset stripping vultures are "taking notice" and circulating around rotting corpse that is the Irish commercial property sector

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

The ad where some property spiv longing for a return to the good old days, tells us that international asset stripping vultures are "taking notice" and circulating around rotting corpse that is the Irish commercial property sector

These pricks http://www.joneslanglasalle.ie/Ireland/EN-IE/Pages/Home.aspx perchance? The ad makes my teeth grate. :mad:

Never has a lump of baked of flour being filled been made so dramatic until the bagel factory came along and ott.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Ads for "Business Shows", (particularly where they say "thee"" instead of "the") on TodayFM and RTE, the eager, affected voice promos aimed at the eager, affected and gifted entrepreneurs, who no doubt will down tools to tune in..................:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

There's some show on in some Dublin theatre that's (apparently) like 50 shades of grey, if it's made for people with thick Dublin accents. Why do they need to reduce themselves to such rubbish?

Get off my radio!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

dulpit wrote: »
    There's some show on in some Dublin theatre that's (apparently) like 50 shades of grey, if it's made for people with thick Dublin accents. Why do they need to reduce themselves to such rubbish?

50 Shades Of Opportunism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

dulpit wrote: »

Get off my radio!

They're like pantomime accents. They must drag out the worst person at accents to do those ads. There was one a while back for A Streetcar Named Desire. If the accents of the characters on stage were as bad as the one doing the ad, it must've been dire. Surely it would make sense to get someone good to do the ad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Mark Huberman seems to have voiced everything on 2FM. V.repititive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

The new promo for the Tony Fenton show on Today FM is cringey.

"Don't replicate the dude, dude"

I like Tony the man, but Tony the DJ is way, way past his sell by date

The ads for Bobby Kerr's buisiness show on Newstalk. Christ on a bendy bus, you can just see him jotting them out himslef and sniggering away, thinking they're hilarious.

Bobby Kerr + Newstalk = change channel quick.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement