Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjooooooooooooo's, Jacob's jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjooooooooooooo's

Fcuk off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,043 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Apparently they claim its Irelands favourite biscuit, but I'd never heard of them before these adverts, and I like my biscuits!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Tiv a lee Tea a tur:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

There's a new ad by BIM (Bord Iascaigh Mhara) for something, safety I think, but they use they word "Fishers" in it:D

I was wondering was it Fissures when I heard it first.

It's rolls better than fisherpeople for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

"Sometimes business is like a game of sport".

A game of what, you say? That's right, "a game of sport".

AIB, I think it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

NIMAN wrote: »
    Apparently they claim its Irelands favourite biscuit, but I'd never heard of them before these adverts, and I like my biscuits!

basically there American Oreos , tasteless ****e .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

Dear 30 year old me, forget paying the mortgage and bills, put your money into a pension so I can go golfing.

Sort out your damn priorities, future me! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

The ads for Budapest Dentistry. God, Mary's voice goes through my head. Also, much to my horror, there's another advert (been out a while now) for Growshop.ie. Just when I thought one was bad enough. . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

"its not cwismas without the Gaiety Panto" - yes, yes it is. But its also not Christmas for months you little bastard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

MYOB wrote: »
    "its not cwismas without the Gaiety Panto" - yes, yes it is. But its also not Christmas for months you little bastard.

"It's not just any panto...IT'S THE GAIETY PANTO!"

I shudder every time. Also I've been to local pantomimes that are far more entertaining than what you'd get in the Gaiety and such like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Hamleys Toys have their Christmas ad on. Seriously annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Road safety ad where the guy is explaining directions to and from the pub.

Such an awful ad and prolonged way of getting the point across. Personality drain on the actors

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Fifi the dog, the nosey postman and the mother in law's handwriting can all go to hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭serfboard

Lapin wrote: »
    Fifi the dog, the nosey postman and the mother in law's handwriting can all go to hell.
    I like that ad!

Two things about it though - one I can't remember what it's for, so I'd question its effectiveness, and two, it's probably been run for a bit too long at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

serfboard wrote: »
    I like that ad!

Two things about it though - one I can't remember what it's for, so I'd question its effectiveness, and two, it's probably been run for a bit too long at this stage.

It's the same story with a great many ads - even the good ones - where the product has got lost in the message.

920.jpg

Simplicity is bliss. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

The ad for City Colleges..

"Are you working in the security industry or in airport security and want to riiiiise through the ranks?
    Are you a serving garda wishing to take the sergeants exams?"

....Aimed at thick heads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"Sometimes business is like a game of sport".
    A game of what, you say? That's right, "a game of sport".

I thought that was an ad for tortured metaphors.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

Lapin wrote: »

What confuses me about that ad is why she orders Fifi to "kill" (the postman, I presume). Don't shoot the messenger, lady.

stannis wrote: »
    What confuses me about that ad is why she orders Fifi to "kill" (the postman, I presume). Don't shoot the messenger, lady.
    Because not only is she being hit with an avalanche of bad news, but the postman is gleefully rubbing it in! :)

She put the debt on the credit card, up to her to pay it. Its not the Celtic Tiger years any more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 pleb41

"If you play that backwards... it still sounds ****e"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

I like that ad!

+1 for fifi the dog and her owner. Is it weird to be a fan of a particular voice over artist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

As if making around 500 of their Irish staff redundant a few years ago out of sheer greed and "branding" one of our national stadium wasn't bad enough -

If you likes your metal....

Fook off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Imagine ad with the guy saying the word 'three' without the 'h' in it. Who the hell approves these things?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

As if making around 500 of their Irish staff redundant a few years ago out of sheer greed and "branding" one of our national stadium wasn't bad enough -

If you likes your metal....

Fook off.

the deperate ramblings and grab any job going attitude of a radio personality whos "star" must be dying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

The June Rodgers Christmas show.

*shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Ad for some dental clinic, where they say some words with letters missing, the only ones I can think of from it are 'eally 'eally annoying...which sums up how I feel about the ad!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Irish Water. All their ads, now and in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

The June Rodgers Christmas show.

*shudder*
    Oh god.

That ad for AXA, "howiya missus Daly"
    I dive for the radio when I hear it come on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

mairead farrells Loreal hair colour add old moon face on the back of magazines etc is really wrecking my head, couldn't they come up with a better looking irish woman!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

mairead farrells Loreal hair colour add old moon face on the back of magazines etc is really wrecking my head, couldn't they come up with a better looking irish woman!

Agreed. The 'Oh Mairead is so gorgeous' rubbish wrecks my head. She's slightly above average and no more. The script for that add is awful too. She comes across as so smug when she says she was 'naturally' asked to try the 'obviously gorgeous' product.

Also hating that add for the soccer mom people carrier featuring the shrill hysterical mother on the school run with 7 kids, a dog and a chello in the boot. While plenty of radio adds annoy me, this one is the first one in a long time to actually make me change the channel to avoid hearing it

Also hating that add for the soccer mom people carrier featuring the shrill hysterical mother on the school run with 7 kids, a dog and a chello in the boot. While plenty of radio adds annoy me, this one is the first one in a long time to actually make me change the channel to avoid hearing it

That makes two of us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

Agreed. The 'Oh Mairead is so gorgeous' rubbish wrecks my head. She's slightly above average and no more. The script for that add is awful too. She comes across as so smug when she says she was 'naturally' asked to try the 'obviously gorgeous' product.

She'd be lucky to be rated that highly

00037a20-314.jpg

this one is the first one in a long time to actually make me change the channel to avoid hearing it
    Mine is "Dear 30-year old me ..."

"Dear 30-year old me ... kill yourself now, and spare the world 40 more years of listening to your bullsh1t."

It's true what Bill Hicks said ... if you work "in advertising or marketing, kill yourself".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Dolly Parton: I heartily endorse this event or product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

Dear 30 year old me .....your plan to smuggle a kitten into an art gallery worked.

Who writes this ****?

Zurich you have just lost yourself a customer for life.

Is the guy who does the voice overs for Danske Bank the same guy who sometimes does the Met Eireann weather forecasts on the radio?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Is the guy who does the voice overs for Danske Bank the same guy who sometimes does the Met Eireann weather forecasts on the radio?

No, the Met Éireann guy is called Harm Luijkx, who's either Dutch or Belgian. The Danske Bank guy has (predictably enough) a Danish accent. I went to college with Danes and Dutch lads, so I've learned to tell the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

fricatus wrote: »
    No, the Met Éireann guy is called Harm Luijkx, who's either Dutch or Belgian. The Danske Bank guy has (predictably enough) a Danish accent. I went to college with Danes and Dutch lads, so I've learned to tell the difference.

I wonder if he'll get the job of doing the ads announcing the closure of Danske and all those redundancies. Not to mention what their existing mortgage holders will have to do from now on to keep in contact with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Don't.....doooooplicate the dude. F*ck off Tony.

The one with some woman shouting at her bills as if she's a sergeant major from Full Metal Jacket is my latest bugbear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Any Superquinn ad bugs me. Just go out of business will you!

I trust my......that old bat really gets my goat and I like old people - sure I'm one myself. :D

"Thats another thing Ireland and Canada have in common"

Seriously? is taking all our unemployed something to boast of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

That ad that starts off with the alarm on some ones phone. I despise it with passion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

"Thats another thing Ireland and Canada have in common"

Seriously? is taking all our unemployed something to boast of?

Think its more of a reference to the fact that there's probably a higher % of Irish-Canadians than the equivalent in any other country and that has always been the case. Something like 1/4 of the entire population at one point in living history and still over 15% claim Irish ancestry. This was years before the current exodus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Not an ad but some fool on the radio at 7 am talking about inclement weather today, he needs to check out the definition of inclement :mad: The same fella seems to thrive talking about bad weather :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

"And by the way, the password is cheeers!!!"

It's back! :eek:

fricatus wrote: »
    "And by the way, the password is cheeers!!!"

It's back! :eek:
    Ah stop will ya - I love that ad! So bad it's good!

OK, not really.

Ah stop will ya - I love that ad! So bad it's good!

OK, not really.

When you think of the hours of work that must have gone into devising that ad and the hundreds of thousands of Euros that it must have cost, there just no pleasing some of you. :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement